Alicia Molik

Remove this Banner Ad

apollo_creed said:
Look mate she is.

I'd really like to like her genuinely. But her attitude just doesn't appeal to me. I hope she can be a bit more humble because it is great for womens tennis in Australia.

Fair enough, but what did you want her to do after the game?

Bow down and kiss Venis Williams feet? She beat her, and beat her well, she had every right to talk up her performance she played brilliantly.

apollo_creed said:
I forget to mention what a knowledgable cricket poster you were. Deep down I know you are, really. Stick to woments cricket and playing with Barbie dolls and reading Dolly magazines.

Feel good about yourself now do you?

You are trying to knock me down because you think I am a female? Bit superficial arnt you?

For your information I aint no chick! Sorry to disappoint :rolleyes:

apollo_creed said:
I wouldn't subject anyone to kissing Venus Williams anywhere and Vice Versa. I'd rather crawl through a mile of **********. ********en hell, i'd probably rather go Brad Williams (your favourite cricketer, your poster boy).

You really are a sad, sad individual arnt you?
Does it suck to be you?

Skooks said:
She is so up herself!!!, oh im feeling really confident and everything, yeh i think im the best atm, better than venus and everybody, i am going to win, cant see anyone else getting anywhere near me. That is exactly wat she sounds like, Hope she doesnt win
from the crap you post in the cricket forums, and now this, yep, it's confirmed, you're a ****head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here we go again, first it was Hewitt and now it's Molik. Why the ******** cant people be happy that our tennis players are having some success and support them. NO instead you come on here and pick on every little thing they do just so you can puff out your chest and make yourself feel good.

What Hewitt didnt do enough fist pumping or "c'mons" last night, so you thought you would come here and bag Alicia instead. She isnt arrogant, and BR&G said she is proud of her achievements. Dont forget she in UNBEATEN this year, so why shouldnt she feel like she is invincible, she has just beaten a former World No. 1 in convincing fashion, and is now a real chance against Lindsay in the Qtrs.

And if you think Alicia is arrogant, have a go at Venus who refused to admit Alicia won the game, saying she lost it and its all her fault, not that Alicia played a good game. SHE GOT BEATEN IN STRAIGHT SETS!! Now that is arrogance for you.

I am sick of coming on here and instead of reading intelligent conversation about the game last night, we have this constant bitching about our sports stars and how they arent good enough. If you dont like, it dont ********ing watch it, and dont come on here and bitch about it. Let us who want to talk about it, talk about it in a sensible way and take your whinging ******** elsewhere cos I for one am sick of it, and I am not the only one!

Dasher39 said:
Here we go again, first it was Hewitt and now it's Molik. Why the ******** cant people be happy that our tennis players are having some success and support them. NO instead you come on here and pick on every little thing they do just so you can puff out your chest and make yourself feel good.
Where not a bunch of mindless robots, if we want to complain we will complain, just cause they are Aussies doesn't mean they get to get away with what they do, or even have to like it. Do you let people acting like tools that aren't famous and Aussies get away with it?

It's Australian to complain, if it wasn't their would be something wrong.

And if you think Alicia is arrogant, have a go at Venus who refused to admit Alicia won the game, saying she lost it and its all her fault, not that Alicia played a good game. SHE GOT BEATEN IN STRAIGHT SETS!! Now that is arrogance for you.
Now your complaining about an American, either let both sides have their say or get off your high horse.

I am sick of coming on here and instead of reading intelligent conversation about the game last night, we have this constant bitching about our sports stars and how they arent good enough. If you dont like, it dont ********ing watch it, and dont come on here and bitch about it. Let us who want to talk about it, talk about it in a sensible way and take your whinging ******** elsewhere cos I for one am sick of it, and I am not the only one!
A lot of this does go the other way. You complain; you have the other side being totally over the top in defending their little star and insulting posters.

OldSchool said:
Well done, another thread derailed by petty bickering.

Im sorry, I tried to defend the match and Alicia Molik to this twit and he decided to go all personal and petty, I just defended myself. Believe me, I would much prefer to discuss the game than have to put up with ****************s like that, people like him drag the appeal of Big Footy down, its getting tiresome.

Blue Red and Gold said:
Im sorry, I tried to defend the match and Alicia Molik to this twit and he decided to go all personal and petty, I just defended myself. Believe me, I would much prefer to discuss the game than have to put up with ****************s like that, people like him drag the appeal of Big Footy down, its getting tiresome.
Well back to the tennis, how do you rate Moliks chances against Lindsay ?

OldSchool said:
Well back to the tennis, how do you rate Moliks chances against Lindsay ?

Sounds good to me.

I think the way she is playing now she can beat anyone, I think it will all come down to her being able to keep her unforced errors down. She has a great serve, her mobility has improved greatly, the only query I sort of have on her is her backhand, she just doesnt seem to have that killer punch on her backhand.
However she seems to make up for this with her fight and determination which I like.

Davenport is a class act, but if Molik can get that big forehand working and get her running I like her chances.

you?

Blue Red and Gold said:
Sounds good to me.

I think the way she is playing now she can beat anyone, I think it will all come down to her being able to keep her unforced errors down. She has a great serve, her mobility has improved greatly, the only query I sort of have on her is her backhand, she just doesnt seem to have that killer punch on her backhand.
However she seems to make up for this with her fight and determination which I like.

Davenport is a class act, but if Molik can get that big forehand working and get her running I like her chances.

you?
It all hinges on how well she serves. Davenport shouldn't be able to out muscle her with the ground strokes so if Molik serves well I think she can win.

OldSchool said:
Will the fact that Molik is still playing doubles in 35 degree heat slow her down any ?

I am a little concerned with that and burnout in general, she has already played 12 matches this year in singles.
So far she has shown no signs of this being a problem so hopefully it will continue not too.

Hope she does well today, I still think she is in with a great shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back