All 4 R0 Winners Are Now 2-0. Fair?

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean, Carlton and Sydney beat other Round 0 opponents while GWS played North in Sydney. Even Gold Coast would've been favourites against Adelaide up in Queensland. Don't think Round 0 had much impact tbh.

It is fair because in the end they will play 23 games in the minor rounds as there will be byes from time to time throughout the season.

If the sequence is repeated next year some could be 1-1.

But tell us your thinking. What is your rationale as to why you think it may be fair or unfair? Starting a thread saying "discuss" is quite lazy.
He's having a sook because we played like rubbish and he's looking to blame it on the league.

Not all the Round 0 losers won in round 1 though.
Brisbane and Melbourne are yet to play. The other losers played teams who played last week. Although I would say those 2 games shouldn't be part of the argument.

Undoubtably more so.

The AFL want the Vic cubs in the GF for media.

They only want the northern clubs to be competitive.
Not if you look at our free kick differential for the first two games, they don’t.

Clear agenda against us on the park.

OP has a point. Adelaide would have smashed Gold Coast if they hadn’t spent the first 2.5 quarters getting re-used to the speed and physicality of the game.

Anyone who honestly thinks Adelaide, Freo, Dogs and North haven’t been shafted by the fixture needs to take their rose colored glasses off.

Last edited:
They can’t have us winning all the time, till finals. In saying that even they couldn’t stop us these first two.
That and the Greene rule is still in effect.
Honestly it’s sickening.

That Ash free kick against yesterday. I thought it was for running more than 15m but it was HTB - he wasn’t even *ing tackled.

🐀 🐕 these umpires.

OP has a point. Adelaide would have smashed Gold Coast if they hadn’t spent the first 2.5 quarters getting re-used to the speed and physicality of the game.

Anyone who honestly thinks Adelaide, Freo and North haven’t been shafted by the fixture needs to take their rose colored glasses off.
Freo? Maybe. We don’t get any extra home games and it all ends up equal.
Except.
Adelaide, and Port, literally get an extra home game in this “fixture” so no nothing to do with rose coloured glasses etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we were a traditional state club it’d be all that they would be talking about today.
It’ll just keep rolling along like this and then at the end of the year someone will see us sitting at 17th for free kicks for and call us undisciplined.

Someone from the GWS coaching panel should be all over this at the moment and highlighting it in the media before it gets well out of hand.

No doubt Kingers has brought it up.
If he has I haven’t seen anything from the germs in green that his message has hit the mark with them.

2 weeks in and 2 x 30-odd point wins.

And already a -12 free kick differential.

Laughable.

there's a lot more that's unfair about the fixture than whether or not some teams have played twice before others at all. the question about whether or not it's the correct way to start the season - another thing altogether. seems kinda stupid to me. the season is not far from being one gimmick stacked on others.

I agree that teams with a game under their belt against teams with no game played definitely held an advantage going into the game.
I suspect for most of the games it didn't matter other than Gold Coast vs Adelaide perhaps. Although Adelaide get an extra home game so I guess 2 wrongs do make a right after all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back