All 4 R0 Winners Are Now 2-0. Fair?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there was an extremely obvious fix to the perceived unfairness. Mix the same teams that played each other in round 0 against each other in round 1 or just do a split round.

That neither of those things happened is just incompetence 🤣🤣🤣

At this stage the dogs have had 2 practice games against the hawks leading into a game against a Demons side that's already played.

Completely all over the shop.

Outrageous.2 of the winners played other sides who also played round 0.

Also unless you were shocked GWS beat North, or a game most expected GC to win…

Seems a pretty obvious troll thread, or just stupid.

How is it even remotely unfair?
They've played 2 and won 2.
No different to any other 2 game stretch.
GC and GWS have had 2 home games, while Swand and Blues have had to win one at home and one on the road, but that's just the draw and will even out as the season goes.

Freo? Maybe. We don’t get any extra home games and it all ends up equal.
Except.
Adelaide, and Port, literally get an extra home game in this “fixture” so no nothing to do with rose coloured glasses etc.
How can they both get an extra home game. One of them would be playing at AO anyway.

The rationale is that if there was an extra round, one would be playing at home already.

Not an extra round, he implied we both get an extra home game because of gather round. But the clubs basically alternate, one at home one away, almost always. So one of them would already have been at home, Gather Round does not give that team an 'extra' home game.

Yes, it's fair. They won their games.

3 of 3 round 0 losers so far, are now 0-2. Fair?
This makes it more fair - I would have been more concerned of an advantage from having started season early had the 3 losers all go on to win their second game against teams playing their first

edit oops forgot two of the losers played against other round 0 teams. So it’s really whether demons beat dogs or lions beat freo (both 50-50 games imo)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not an extra round, he implied we both get an extra home game because of gather round. But the clubs basically alternate, one at home one away, almost always. So one of them would already have been at home, Gather Round does not give that team an 'extra' home game.
Yes it does because the AFL created an additional round and there’s now 23 games each. Instead of 11 home and 11 away games both SA teams get 12 home and 11 away games while the WA teams get further shat on while clocking up more frequent flyer points than any other club could ever imagine. The SA clubs also both get an additional fortnight where they don’t have to travel.

Yes it does because the AFL created an additional round and there’s now 23 games each. Instead of 11 home and 11 away games both SA teams get 12 home and 11 away games while the WA teams get further shat on while clocking up more frequent flyer points than any other club could ever imagine.
Okay, so they created an extra round. And if they'd done that, but it had not been Gather Round, one of the two would still have been at home.

Okay, so they created an extra round. And if they'd done that, but it had not been Gather Round, one of the two would still have been at home.
Yes but the extra round was specifically created to accommodate Gather Round which appears destined to be held in SA for the foreseeable future so it’s a moot point.

so it will be unfair after these teams have their random bye eg Carlton next week ?
8 teams having an additional bye in a grueling and long competition is an unfair advantage every which way you look at it. Especially when four of them are already the least travelled teams in the competition.

It’s after two games, if it was towards the end I could possibly see your point
Two of them get their first bye in round six after they’ve somehow already played six games. That’s over a quarter of the season elapsed with a nice rest and another one to look forward to.

I honestly can’t believe it’s even up for debate that this is a bullshit compromised fixture, even more-so than usual.

Two of them get their first bye in round six after they’ve somehow already played six games. That’s over a quarter of the season elapsed with a nice rest and another one to look forward to.

I honestly can’t believe it’s even up for debate that this is a bullshit compromised fixture, even more-so than usual.
All works out in the end. With the same teams playing the same amount of home games, bar the SA clubs who get an extra home game.

Can’t believe the OR is what’s got people outraged and not Gather round. Stunning really.

I think there was an extremely obvious fix to the perceived unfairness. Mix the same teams that played each other in round 0 against each other in round 1 or just do a split round.

That neither of those things happened is just incompetence 🤣🤣🤣

At this stage the dogs have had 2 practice games against the hawks leading into a game against a Demons side that's already played.

Completely all over the shop.
Honestly if that had happened this thread wouldn’t exist.

If we could think of that after not much thought, how did AFL House miss it?

I think next year that will be on the cards

But they will throw in one SA team and one WA team to the mix so that those fans queries are assuaged also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back