All about Trump

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you’re talking about Donald Jr,aren’t you?.If that man isn’t on crack then he must have some serious mental health issues.

Racist ex President, (the biggest loser in all things) is at it again.

Former President Donald Trump erroneously stated at a weekend meeting that public health authorities are denying white people the COVID-19 vaccine because of their race.

Trump speaking Saturday night in Florence, Arizona, accused liberals of “discriminating and demeaning” white Americans
“If you are white, you do not get the vaccine, or if you are white, you do not get therapy,” Trump said. “In the state of New York, if you’re white, go to the back of the queue to get medical health.”

Racist ex President, (the biggest loser in all things) is at it again.

Former President Donald Trump erroneously stated at a weekend meeting that public health authorities are denying white people the COVID-19 vaccine because of their race.

Trump speaking Saturday night in Florence, Arizona, accused liberals of “discriminating and demeaning” white Americans
“If you are white, you do not get the vaccine, or if you are white, you do not get therapy,” Trump said. “In the state of New York, if you’re white, go to the back of the queue to get medical health.”
That is stunning.
How does he get away with that in the 21st century?
I suppose it’s pandering to his redneck base.
Cant wait for his KKK rally. Maybe red bedsheets to represent MAGA?
Not a day passes that a little more hate is born in me for this man.

That is stunning.
How does he get away with that in the 21st century?
I suppose it’s pandering to his redneck base.
Cant wait for his KKK rally. Maybe red bedsheets to represent MAGA?
Not a day passes that a little more hate is born in me for this man.
How anyone can defend those comments or him is beyond my comprehension.

How anyone can defend those comments or him is beyond my comprehension.
And yet they do.
And…. The scary thing is, ….. he could win the Presidency again.
In 2024 when hopefully the world is finally emerging from Covid and it’s variants. In a time that the world will need leadership and inclusion in the recovery process.
Anyone truly think Trump is the man to lead the new world?

Sounds like s**t is going down with this rigged election. Trump will soon sweep back into power. Big news if true.

Trump and his followers are the gift that keeps on giving as far as laughs is concerned.

They need to be locked up and the key thrown away.

You sound very authoritarian, Maggie ;)
Oh don’t be like that, only if I could do the locking up. ;)

I actually made the mistake of responding to my dentist about Trump not realising she is a fan. Never again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's some dangerous people in the world...

Scott Morrison's more than a bit of a narcissist, but when the election is lost he concedes it and lets everyone know that he's done so. Democracy demands it.

Trump was indeed dangerous, and he's guilty of something more than a narcissistic dummy spit. He was willing to upend the Republic to satisfy his insatiable ego.

I love watching the hearings that are currently on.

FVZyK0KUYAAaTeT

Indeed. US of a hole.

Abortion will devolve to the States, become a plaything of nutters at a more local level.

Middle-class and upwards will find a way to terminate, no matter what State they live in.

Real losers will be the poor, who'll have to choose between a backyard abortion or having a child they can't afford and for which there is little state support.

Winners = religious windbags.

Roe v Wade

The more I've read, I realise that the implications of an overturned Roe v Wade are more horrifying than I first imagined.

The poor have already been suffering at the hands of religious extremist/anti-abortionists, but now the suffering can be spread more evenly, preventing the pregnant from travel among other things.

This isn't a return to 1973. The power of state surveillance and its network of pro-life lunatics presents a far bigger threat to women who cannot --for whatever reason-- commit to childbirth.

The kicker for me is that the religious belligerents are usually the same people who defend US gun culture, and the same people who demand that the government desist from measures of welfare and support.

Two-thirds of Americans supported Roe v Wade. Their country is under attack from fanatics, it is being hijacked, and I have zero confidence that they can turn the tide.

Roe v Wade

The more I've read, I realise that the implications of an overturned Roe v Wade are more horrifying than I first imagined.

The poor have already been suffering at the hands of religious extremist/anti-abortionists, but now the suffering can be spread more evenly, preventing the pregnant from travel among other things.

This isn't a return to 1973. The power of state surveillance and its network of pro-life lunatics presents a far bigger threat to women who cannot --for whatever reason-- commit to childbirth.

The kicker for me is that the religious belligerents are usually the same people who defend US gun culture, and the same people who demand that the government desist from measures of welfare and support.

Two-thirds of Americans supported Roe v Wade. Their country is under attack from fanatics, it is being hijacked, and I have zero confidence that they can turn the tide.

This is not a comment on the implications - but every lawyer I have ever spoken to about Roe v Wade who was familiar with the original case(probably about 4 ppl) always maintained it was a flawed decision.

Seems that way to me too (but all I know about Constitutional law is that I would read a majority judgment along with the dissenting and think they were both right). This has basically put abortion into the States’ hands, just like here.

What was it, a 6-3 majority (3 of the majority appointed by Trump)?

The obvious problem is the nutbag states, not the Supreme Court decision.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That pro-life and pro-gun beliefs can inhabit the same brain has always been a source of great confusion for me.

Dark times in the USA.

That pro-life and pro-gun beliefs can inhabit the same brain has always been a source of great confusion for me.

Dark times in the USA.
Those that voted to over-ride what they swore under oath that Roe v Wade was settled law is just another example that lies rule in the USA.

This where they are now.
So if a woman is raped at gunpoint and becomes pregnant, the gun is the most protected party in that situation.

Last edited:
This is not a comment on the implications - but every lawyer I have ever spoken to about Roe v Wade who was familiar with the original case(probably about 4 ppl) always maintained it was a flawed decision.

Seems that way to me too (but all I know about Constitutional law is that I would read a majority judgment along with the dissenting and think they were both right). This has basically put abortion into the States’ hands, just like here.

What was it, a 6-3 majority (3 of the majority appointed by Trump)?

The obvious problem is the nutbag states, not the Supreme Court decision.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm under-slept, haven't had Weet-Bix, and haven't had the coffee which can make these things better. There might be more incoherence than usual.

No one can pretend that the US judicial system isn't a farce, not least because it is embedded in politics. I can't comment on the particularities of Roe v Wade, except that I've also been given to understand that it took some creative reasoning to get there.

Without being able to comment of the particularities, I understand that the reasoning in Dobbs is just as weak as the case it overturns.

So yes, politics over jurisprudence. They can find enough plasticity within their Constitution to arm their citizens against each other, but they can no longer empower federal authority to secure women's rights to their own body.

What can we expect in a system where judges need the green light from a hopelessly partisan legislature? Where they are publicly grilled on their opinion on past decisions and for some sense of what they might do in the future?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The decision the other day isn't a victory for the legal system; it's a win for religious zealotry.

Reproductive laws will devolve to the States, just like here, but the implications of that for the women in at least 20 States which don't have a Vic-style Menhennitt ruling to fall back on will be shitful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And as for why this discussion is taking place in a Trump thread, rather than (say) a random thread, is beyond my ability to fathom. But it at least fits the theme of our discussion: another shitful decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back