All about Trump

Remove this Banner Ad

Well no one seems to care but really they should.
So, start a thread and test your assertion that no one cares.
I can tell you that in real life I had been bemoaning the fact that Australia had become a nation of coffee houses and B&B’s For years. Manufacturing was lost.
Wether that was China or other influences would certainly be interesting to debate.

I can tell you that in real life I had been bemoaning the fact that Australia had become a nation of coffee houses and B&B’s For years. Manufacturing was lost.
Wether that was China or other influences would certainly be interesting to debate.

I will post a thread when I have time, yes.a fascinating discussion.

Mrs OA is getting up for the shebang at 4am.

Me I'm already dancing to that ugly mother *er!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Look I'm not versed in the anthropological underpinnings of American Politics, but I'm certainly aware of the fallacies of left wing identity politics in this country exhibited in this article where white working class are considered 'entitled' for seeking a better life in the neo-liberal scheme of the world, and I'm certain on the flip side you're not acknowledging all the times 'lefties' have labeled this group as white trash and won't acknowledge the validity of my POV even if you agree

White entitlement is part of the very structure of Australian society | Christchurch shooting | The Guardian
So, your not versed in the anthological underpinnings of American politics. But you are versed in the fallacies of left wing identity politics (a right wing concept).

All righty then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So now what?

Guess everything in USA is peachy now old mate is gone.

Nah, not quite peachy.

You know what happens when you flush one of those power turds. Leaves some damage behind, foul stench in the air, quite a bit of cleaning up to do.

It'll still be a toilet once the job is done, but at least the system and everyone who has to live with it can breathe easier.

So far Biden's two big changes in direction is lifting the ban on Muslim travelers from certain countries - good - and re-joining the Paris accord also good.
The biggest nutbaggery of right wing politics has been it's turning of the nose to the science of climate change.

Finally the little man is gone from the White House,and about time too.You get the sense that the adults are running the place again,and that can only be a good thing.

So, are you one of those oppressed white males?

They always seem to carry on about identity politics and virtue signalling.

It’s like sense of identity, self worth, respect, and trying to do the right thing are not things we should aspire to, for ourselves and others.

I'll have another go at this.
White people are not all equal and have not been since the beginning of time. I went to the worst school in the state as per the enter score, and am now in a working class job. Whatever. I'm also doing the best I've ever done in life have a partner, in the property market, and am kicking lots of goals. This is the lucky country still after all. My story might be very different from yours however so when you come up with ideas of virtue signaling. identity politics and white privilege - if you've gone through the private schooling and have a white collar job then always keep that in mind. Relative to me, you might be very privileged. Are you?

Have I been victimized, everyone has, and I gave you a really, really good example of such a case earlier in this thread. I've told that one to family who are absolutely considered 'woke', greens voters, and they were in complete agreeance that that was a debacle by said company, a train wreck. It's not at all surprising that you and other rusted on greens voters wouldn't acknowledge that experience as such on an internet forum though. Or acknowledge all the valid points I've made in this thread.

Do I consider myself an oppressed white male? Absolutely not! Has there times when I'v been privileged in life, white privileged, yes. Has there been times where it's also been a disadvantage, we know from the example I gave I'd be lying if I said no. That's life really, and I always like to earn things on merit and for who I am. I can't change the world with the cards I've been dealt, best I use them to the best I can to get the most out of life for myself and those I love and to be the best person I can be, that entails self respect a sense of identity and treating others well.

Last edited:
I was working in he textile industry when all the tariffs were cut. That industry, cotton/wool/manufacturing of garments and footwear was flourishing.

What was interesting is that we have/had the best wool and would you believe that it was sent to China for processing then returned here to make yarn and weaving into fabric?

All governments share blame for what we gave away to China but again, not the thread for it.

I find it hard to navigate the modern world. There may be others...so this is to assist

virtue signalling - the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

identity politics - describes a political approach wherein people of a particular religion, race, social background, class or other identifying factor develop political agendas and organize based upon the interlocking systems of oppression that affect their lives and come from their various identities.

cultural Marxism - a far right antisemitic conspiracy theory which claims western marxism as the basis of continuing academic and intellectual efforts to subvert western culture

Jewish fifth column - jews who undermine society from within.

Stereotype - an over-generalized belief about a particular category of people. It is an expectation that people might have about every person of a particular group.

Now I'm up to speed, i'm hoping to push forward and ignore the last definition.

I'll have another go at this.
White people are not all equal and have not been since the beginning of time. I went to the worst school in the state as per the enter score, and am now in a working class job. Whatever. I'm also doing the best I've ever done in life have a partner, in the property market, and am kicking lots of goals. This is the lucky country still after all. My story might be very different from yours however so when you come up with ideas of virtue signaling. identity politics and white privilege - if you've gone through the private schooling and have a white collar job then always keep that in mind. Relative to me, you might be very privileged. Are you?

Have I been victimized, everyone has, and I gave you a really, really good example of such a case earlier in this thread. I've told that one to family who are absolutely considered 'woke', greens voters, and they were in complete agreeance that that was a debacle by said company, a train wreck. It's not at all surprising that you and other rusted on greens voters wouldn't acknowledge that experience as such on an internet forum though. Or acknowledge all the valid points I've made in this thread.

Do I consider myself an oppressed white male? Absolutely not! Has there times when I'v been privileged in life, white privileged, yes. Has there been times where it's also been a disadvantage, we know from the example I gave I'd be lying if I said no. That's life really, and I always like to earn things on merit and for who I am. I can't change the world with the cards I've been dealt, best I use them to the best I can to get the most out of life for myself and those I love and to be the best person I can be, that entails self respect a sense of identity and treating others well.
Just need you to be aware of how the term “the lucky country” came about.
It wasn’t anything to do with opportunity.
It was a comment made about how lazy and laid back Australia is and how therefore we are a lucky country that our wealth was being generated by digging holes in the ground.

Evidently Qanon is looking for new theories to explain what has happened over the last couple of days. Obviously not students of history, the boys and girls at Qanon named a specific date for the end of the world, or their own variation of it - the second coming of Trump. They are hoping to rise from the ashes, and need to learn from other kooks and not be so specific about dates. My prayers are with them, and Trump and Joe Biden. I pray for everyone these days.

Just need you to be aware of how the term “the lucky country” came about.
It wasn’t anything to do with opportunity.
It was a comment made about how lazy and laid back Australia is and how therefore we are a lucky country that our wealth was being generated by digging holes in the ground.

True but there's also a lot thats been fought for over hundreds of years to have the relatively egalitarian society we have today, that is changing fast though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back