All ANZ games relocated to the SCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

On game days you do...

Appears the AFL are covering for Sydney again.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-03-02/assistance-offered-to-affected-fans

THE AFL has moved to address concerns of Collingwood supporters inconvenienced by the change in venue for the round one clash between the Magpies and the Sydney Swans from ANZ Stadium to the SCG.

The announcement blindsided the Pies and many of their supporters who had made arrangements to stay in Sydney and attend the game over Easter.

However after discussions with Collingwood on Tuesday, AFL general manager of clubs and operations Travis Auld announced a plan to minimise the impact on fans of the late decision.

"Having spoken to Collingwood, the AFL is encouraging fans who have booked accommodation in the Homebush area to contact Collingwood on 1300 MAGPIE (1300 62 47 43) during business hours," Auld said.

"The AFL will work with Collingwood to offer alternate travel arrangements to the SCG for those fans."

Don't they know how to catch a Train?

Incorrect.

AFL holds the license for the Sydney Swans, Gilligan confirmed this when he talked up the AFL potentially buying out the SA and WA licenses on behalf of the clubs like they did for the Swans.

Swans have 9 non-executive directors and one Chairman, members can elect 2 elected directors of the 10 that comprise the board.

Section 52 of your constitution refers to the AFL license.

52.1 - any inconsistencies between the constitution and the licence agreement between the club and the AFL then the licence agreement prevails.

52.2 - no amendment may be made to the constitution unless the amendment has been approved by the AFL.

My club probably ranks up there near the top for the most contempt the executive has for the membership and despite their gestapo-like grip on the constitution and authoritarian grip on power, even we have the right to vote for all board members and piss them all off via an EGM.

If you have basically no rights as members, then your club's license belongs to somebody else.

every year there's scandel surrounding the dangerous unsafe conditions at ANZ, from metal stakes sticking out of the ground to divots you could drown in.
game finally gets moved and oh the swans are evil, "we wanted to play at the most dangerous ground in the country"

every year there's scandel surrounding the dangerous unsafe conditions at ANZ, from metal stakes sticking out of the ground to divots you could drown in.
game finally gets moved and oh the swans are evil, "we wanted to play at the most dangerous ground in the country"

Lets not pretend moving back to the SGC was for OHS reasons

Lets not pretend moving back to the SGC was for OHS reasons

no it wasn't it was so we play all our games at our home ground. it doesn't change the fact that the conditions surrounding ANZ are a hazard and the only reason games went ahead there was because of the ties a certain AFL crony has to the stadium.

the outcome is better for your players as there's no risk of falling on metal stakes, exposed bolts or unrooted turf. but hey * that you have to buy an extra train ticket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL holds the license for the Sydney Swans, Gilligan confirmed this when he talked up the AFL potentially buying out the SA and WA licenses on behalf of the clubs like they did for the Swans.

Swans have 9 non-executive directors and one Chairman, members can elect 2 elected directors of the 10 that comprise the board.

Section 52 of your constitution refers to the AFL license.

52.1 - any inconsistencies between the constitution and the licence agreement between the club and the AFL then the licence agreement prevails.

52.2 - no amendment may be made to the constitution unless the amendment has been approved by the AFL.

My club probably ranks up there near the top for the most contempt the executive has for the membership and despite their gestapo-like grip on the constitution and authoritarian grip on power, even we have the right to vote for all board members and piss them all off via an EGM.

If you have basically no rights as members, then your club's license belongs to somebody else.

Interesting, took a while to find this.

I wonder if and/or when this part has already kicked in

52.5 this clause will only apply until such time as these powers are no longer required to be contained in this constitution pursuant to the terms and conditions of the AFL licence.

Interesting, took a while to find this.

I wonder if and/or when this part has already kicked in

52.5 this clause will only apply until such time as these powers are no longer required to be contained in this constitution pursuant to the terms and conditions of the AFL licence.

Yeah, I would assume the constitution would be amended when it gets to that position as they would need to update the constitution, I would assume, particularly to the voting system and member powers in terms of calling EGMs, votes of no confidence, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I am not ragging on the Swans, there really aren't too many drawbacks to the AFL holding the license, at least when you are in a market they are keen to expand in. It probably would have been negative if they got their hands on our license when they pushed hard to acquire it.

The major problem is the AFL is guilty of a lot of horrendous short-sighted decisions and that is just in recent history. I think if members had the ultimate choice then they would be reluctant to see any negative change to their club until every stone had been turned over and no other alternative was possible. AFL is too trigger happy when it comes to doing s**t which impacts clubs negatively. I think too many executives are more concerned with how to generate large bonuses than they are with the quality of the product and the health of the clubs, it has really only been a revolt by the clubs that had seen the AFL change their stance on taking some initiative and responsibility for the mess they created in Victoria with the stadiums.

Which is weird.

1 Its Olympic Park.
2 Its in the middle of Sydney.

Only people from the East and North Shore do not loke to travel.

Fair enough that feeds back to my original premise that the Swans have failed in their marketing and have slunk back into their safety zone close to where their supporter base lives. They really should change their name to Eastern Sydney

Fair enough that feeds back to my original premise that the Swans have failed in their marketing and have slunk back into their safety zone close to where their supporter base lives. They really should change their name to Eastern Sydney
Hmm last I checked, Sydney had supporters from all points on the Compass.
Easy to stick to stereotypes when you have NFI.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back