Toast All Australian 2019 Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Commentators all year saying Hill is best wingman going, in AA form, then doesn't even crack the squad. What a load of shyte.

Fyfe's a lock, Walters won't get in. They'll only pick one small forward and it'll be Charlie Cameron. He might - might - sneak the last spot on the bench, but I reckon he'll miss. Because selectors.

Commentators all year saying Hill is best wingman going, in AA form, then doesn't even crack the squad. What a load of s**t.

Fyfe's a lock, Walters won't get in. They'll only pick one small forward and it'll be Charlie Cameron. He might - might - sneak the last spot on the bench, but I reckon he'll miss. Because selectors.

I reckon they'll pick a goal kicking mid like Dangerfield or Kelly on one HFF and Ablett on the other, might be able to fit in on the bench...

That said, have to agree with others; when you look at who's on the selection panel it isn't the most prestigious of awards these days. There's 2 guys at best whose opinions I respect.

I reckon they'll pick a goal kicking mid like Dangerfield or Kelly on one HFF and Ablett on the other, might be able to fit in on the bench...

That said, have to agree with others; when you look at who's on the selection panel it isn't the most prestigious of awards these days. There's 2 guys at best whose opinions I respect.
It helps if you already made it before PLUS having a Brownlow. Seems like from then on, even if you average 20 dispoals a game, you're picked.
Such a stupid system. They ll try to fit Bonts, Fyfe, Neale, Dangerfield, and leave out players like MacRae who was incredible, plus Dunkley. Boak led his team all year. Watch the half forward line have a midfielder to justify it.
Walters is a true midfielder/forward type but he ll probably miss out due to a Dangerfield or Kelly etc. Happens every time

It helps if you already made it before PLUS having a Brownlow. Seems like from then on, even if you average 20 dispoals a game, you're picked.
Such a stupid system. They ll try to fit Bonts, Fyfe, Neale, Dangerfield, and leave out players like MacRae who was incredible, plus Dunkley. Boak led his team all year. Watch the half forward line have a midfielder to justify it.
Walters is a true midfielder/forward type but he ll probably miss out due to a Dangerfield or Kelly etc. Happens every time

Pretty much. Selection should only be considered in the vacuum of that particular season, yet we all know past credits, media hype and profile, recency bias, aesthetics over output, sexy narratives etc undermine the integrity of the award every year.

Yet despite all that I'll be livid if Walters doesn't make it :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KB is on the selection panel, he has said on radio that he avoids watching Fremantle games whenever possible. That’s the sort of professionalism we’re dealing with.
So what Freo players make it basically comes down to Glen Jakovich’s opinion and how hard he pushes for them.

They ll try to fit Bonts, Fyfe, Neale, Dangerfield,
And Cripps

On every stat among wingmen, Hill is top of the pile, 2nd at worst. His season has been >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gaff's (not just because Gaff is a sniping, jaw-breaking dog. If he'd earned it, well good for him, but it's Jakovich feeling sorry for him because no premiership medal)

They'd want to.

Walters easily one of the best couple of half forwards and Fyfe is Fyfe. Would win the brownlow this year if we weren't so dire in the second half of the season.
Totally agree, Fyfe is a definite but had seen a few places saying Walters second half of the year a bit down so may not make it.
Glad to see something reasonably official have him in the 22.

Totally agree, Fyfe is a definite but had seen a few places saying Walters second half of the year a bit down so may not make it.
Glad to see something reasonably official have him in the 22.
Walters averaging 21 disposals (quality ones) and kicked 40 goals. That's outstanding however you phrase it and he won 3 games on the bounce pre-bye.

Remember that time Pav didn't make it in 2012?

Or when Lachie Neale broke the record for most disposals and didn't get in?

Or when thay guy Brayshaw from Dees came 3rd in the Brownlow and missed?

I say this every year - one bloke will be missed who's a howler. They do it to sell newspapers/get clicks.

Controversy creates interest.

It's Hill this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back