Fyfster

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
Very salty on the west coast forum, salty enough to rust.
Yeah upset about some Overrated half back flanker not being named all Australian Captain, When his team mate should have probably got in front of him anyway. Sheppard deserved the AA blazer in front of Hurn . BTW HBF is the easiest position to play on a footy field and everyone knows it including the AA selectors.

Mar 18, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hurn didn’t even have a great year, he’s lucky to be there. It’s the cheerleader effect of being in a good team surrounded by other good players.

Looks like the AA selectors actually got one right with Fyfey captain. Best player there and captain of his club, easy choice :thumbsu:

Congrats to Sonny too, been a long time coming for him.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Hurn didn’t even have a great year, he’s lucky to be there. It’s the cheerleader effect of being in a good team surrounded by other good players.

Looks like the AA selectors actually got one right with Fyfey captain. Best player there and captain of his club, easy choice :thumbsu:

Congrats to Sonny too, been a long time coming for him.
To be honest, Brad Shepard should’ve been there ahead of him. Had a much better year.
Just shows the team is all hype half the time. Shepard was better then Stewart. Once you’re chosen, you have a good chance the next season if you had a 70% year. Happens every time

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Yeah upset about some Overrated half back flanker not being named all Australian Captain, When his team mate should have probably got in front of him anyway. Sheppard deserved the AA blazer in front of Hurn . BTW HBF is the easiest position to play on a footy field and everyone knows it including the AA selectors.
It’s the cruisest position on the field. Hurn does the kick ins, so 7-10 of his kicks after from playing on and kicks. Typical. Just get junk marks and kicks across half back most of the time. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a bloody good player.

McGovern didn’t even have that good of a year compared to last year, yet he’s CHB. He’s not elite one on one. But the media like to accomodate for others in the team.

DMan 11

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2012
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Am I the only one that looked at the AA team and pondered all the what-ifs ?

According to my wandering what-if Brain we could have had the following playing at Freo this year and in the AA team:

Brody Grundy (drafting error)
Tim Kelly (drafting oversight)
Andrew McGovern (drafting oversight)
Jack darling (drafting error)
Lachie Neale (TPP issue)
Elliott Yeo (timing)

Lots of long bows being drawn here but jeez, wouldn’t this be delicious if we had better luck on those sliding door moments

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams

According to my wandering what-if Brain we could have had the following playing at Freo this year and in the AA team:

Lachie Neale (TPP issue)
Elliott Yeo (timing)

Lots of long bows being drawn here but jeez, wouldn’t this be delicious if we had better luck on those sliding door moments

McGovern as a ******* father-son still perplex me.
Yeo wanting to come to us. That’s like Kelly not going to West Coast. Just so so dumb

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Imagine melting over something as trivial as C and VC, how many past captains (and vc's) can people name off the top of their head? I really only remember Judd because it was the year he brutalised Pav and was rewarded with a Brownlow. I think Selwood got it a bunch of times but don't remember the years.

It's milder tokenism than an AA spot itself.

tacopavlich

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm super perplexed at why King and the media are crying outrage that the AA C award was treated as a best player reward, when that's what I thought it was this entire time. How else do you measure on field leadership other than leading by example.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Coast fans are a bunch of freaking entitled self obsessed fools.
Apparently we re rudderless, disunited team.
So what if he’s a premiership Captain that has the ‘attributes’ smarts. He has to make up playing in the easiest position by coming out as a leader looking guy. Honestly.
Fyfe has taken this team and probably why Freo are modern to where it is.
Hope the pricks across the road lose to Essendon or lose to Collingwood/Geelong. The fact they rely on their defence to win as their midfielders are trash is poor.

Jan 5, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well deserved Fyfe and Walters.

Fyfe has had an awesome year and will be on track for a brownlow or go very very close.

Walters had has an exceptional year and deserve a his place.

Brad Hill deserved a spot as well but we were lucky getting 2 on the team and he was the unfortunate one.

Retzlaff

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Lachie Neale (TPP issue)
Elliott Yeo (timing)

The issue with this is that we don’t know how they would’ve turned out had they come to Freo

Imagine melting over something as trivial as C and VC, how many past captains (and vc's) can people name off the top of their head? I really only remember Judd because it was the year he brutalised Pav and was rewarded with a Brownlow. I think Selwood got it a bunch of times but don't remember the years.

It's milder tokenism than an AA spot itself.
Two: Stephen Michael in 1983 and Nat Fyfe in 2019.

PurpleHornet

Senior List
May 9, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can someone help me with some stats relating to Walters? My eagles supporting brother in law is salty about sonny getting an AA gig and reckons ‘he wouldn’t have got nearly as many goals if he didn’t,t stage.’ Anyone know how many of his goals were from free kicks?

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can someone help me with some stats relating to Walters? My eagles supporting brother in law is salty about sonny getting an AA gig and reckons ‘he wouldn’t have got nearly as many goals if he didn’t,t stage.’ Anyone know how many of his goals were from free kicks?
How ironic he is upset by free kicks, just show him the stats for frees and you will see WC are well catered for. They are the Darling's in the umpires
eyes.

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Go back & ask your Brother in law how many kicks did Hurn actually have, if they didn’t include him running out of the goal square on kick outs?
That should keep him busy for a while.

Back