Toast All Australian 2019 Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

PurpleHornet

Senior List
May 9, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
How ironic he is upset by free kicks, just show him the stats for frees and you will see WC are well catered for. They are the Darling's in the umpires
eyes.
any way to find out how many of his 40 goals were the direct result of free kicks?

Fyfster

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
Can someone help me with some stats relating to Walters? My eagles supporting brother in law is salty about sonny getting an AA gig and reckons ‘he wouldn’t have got nearly as many goals if he didn’t,t stage.’ Anyone know how many of his goals were from free kicks?
How ironic the Eagles talking about staging for free kicks they were the masters at it even won them a final in Adelaide. Someone even told me they trained for it don't know how true it was but he was an Eagle. So not a opposition supporter making wild accusations (but how in the know he was i don't know)

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
any way to find out how many of his 40 goals were the direct result of free kicks?
I think everyone on here would agree Sonny plays for the frees, the only difference is that he doesn't get looked after.
He would be better advised to just play the straight bat, and let the umps see what they see.
The joke of the competition is Selwood, Dangerfield, but WC fans only enjoy purple misery.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm super perplexed at why King and the media are crying outrage that the AA C award was treated as a best player reward, when that's what I thought it was this entire time. How else do you measure on field leadership other than leading by example.

Captain is the most overrated role in afl in general. 99% of teams just pick their best player because it is little more than a feather in their cap and a few speeches.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
AFL loves this week. All round whinging from fans wanting their player X in the AA team or as captain. For the media it's like stealing candy from a baby.

congrats to our two. Love to see what our team can do if we can keep all of our players on the field.

DMan 11

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2012
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Its as simple as this.
You're appointed to start a new team in Tasmania.
You're in the role of team list manager.
both Fyfe and Hurn are out of contract and in their prime.
You have $1.5 Mill to spend on a marquee player

Who do you you choose ?

I don't need to remind any of us that the AA is about selection of the best players, with the best of those best players selected as captain. full stop, no ifs or buts.

FMD if any supporter from any other team in the AFL picks Bunga, soft possession, boot-it-long Hurn over Fyfe - WCE fans are seriously delusional at times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry Reems

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hagdorn melted this morning. Reckons the votes were Hurn 5, Fyfe 4 and the AFL stepped in and decided on Fyfe. :think::rolleyes:

Didn't he what! He reckons that when they found out that Hurn wasn't travelling due to an injury, the AFL then gave the captaincy to Nat Fyfe instead. Yet when Basil and Millsy questioned this with him, he tried to deflect the attention onto them for making him out to be the bad guy for revealing this information.

The guy clearly has no idea and makes things up.

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
Hagdorn melted this morning. Reckons the votes were Hurn 5, Fyfe 4 and the AFL stepped in and decided on Fyfe. :think::rolleyes:
Did he count the votes? Why can't he ever just congratulate a worthy announcement rather than always trying to see the negative in it. The guy is a dead set tool.

One_Wing

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Scatter

Club Legend
Dec 30, 2008
Geraldton
AFL Club
Fremantle
I like Hurn, reckon he is just about the Eagles most important player, but think he was a bit down this year compared to last year, also missed a few games, and lucky to get in (as mentioned above Shepard probably had a better year, and Sicily stiff too). So giving the captain to a borderline player seems wrong.
Also, how the hell would anyone know if he is a good captain?
Just like being a premiership player doesn't mean you are a better player, being a premiership captain doesn't mean you are a better captain either. Only someone that has played under all of Fyfe, Pendles, Hurn etc would know, so it seems right to give it to the player that had the best year but also is a captain.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
🤣🤣🤣 Almost better if it’s true tbh. Adds another bucketful of salt to the current extreme saltiness of all their sycophantic supporters. Cry me a river bluenyellas 😭😭

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
I don't think Lachie Neale wins All Australian if he is at Fremantle this season, not because he didn't deserve it but because they knew who he was now.
I claim that a Freo’s 3rd representative anyway. Practically developed him and made him the player he is. Neale just fortunate enough Brisbane have had a charmed run with injuries and form. Slotted right in and did what he was doing for Freo anyway. Not sure why he got more recognition from media at Brisbane then at Fremantle. He played a blinder year in 2016/2017 even last year too

Jun 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
I like Hurn, reckon he is just about the Eagles most important player, but think he was a bit down this year compared to last year, also missed a few games, and lucky to get in (as mentioned above Shepard probably had a better year, and Sicily stiff too). So giving the captain to a borderline player seems wrong.
Also, how the hell would anyone know if he is a good captain?
Just like being a premiership player doesn't mean you are a better player, being a premiership captain doesn't mean you are a better captain either. Only someone that has played under all of Fyfe, Pendles, Hurn etc would know, so it seems right to give it to the player that had the best year but also is a captain.

Plus they finished outside the top 4 so why was Hurn snubbed? If anything Pendles should be the one that was unluckiest.

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hurn is an unassuming blunt force object. No personality and robotic. Which looks fine when things are going well. But imagine him being captain of Carlton for the last however many years. Absolutely nobody would be talking him up as one of the best captains. Cripps is immense and should have been VC ahead of Hurn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back