Toast All Australian 2019 Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

The AA captain generally goes to the most influential player buddy Rance Ablett Selwood
Fyfe is a good selection future captains will be bonts Cripps
Fyfe carried the team in a lot of games this year
The uproar this season. What about the time Rance got selected, and wasn’t even captain for his team. Selwood got captain multiple times even on the back of average games.
Hurn is a great organiser, leader. But he has to be in the defence.

Again, its a team of individuals that are great players not a great team of role players. There’s been premiership captains that never have made the AA. That point is such a moot one. Nick Maxwell, Michael Tuck, probably have good leadership qualities. How do you measure that though?

Fyfe carries the team, was the stand out all year and most likely to win the Brownlow.

Champion Data's AFL Player ratings for 2019 has Fyfe 2nd (or equal first with Gawn, both with an average of 18.5 per game).
Hurn is ranked 88th, 8th in his General Defenders category.
I like Hurn. I rate him. But he didn't even deserve to be in the AA team given his 2019 performance ... never mind considered for Captaincy or Vice Captaincy.

Along with all the other greats, Fyfe and Walters got the gong due to their dedication, hard work and persistence. I like that.

Once upon a time, there was an element of being a Kardashian and famous for being famous as an AA requirement. In general though, all of the AA's now have worked hard, being a bit flash in minutes and lazy for most of game time isn't rewarded. Sure, I wouldn't have picked the same squad, nor would most, but they are all talented and hard working :thumbsu:

Fyfe though, an almost bind tenacity, it doesn't matter what anyone else is thinking or doing, he tries to get the best out of his game. Not always successful, but not for want of trying.

Walters, has raw talent that would always have been admired. All and very well, but the man works his butt off, has his heart nailed to his sleeve for all to see and will always try to rouse his team mates - and us along with them. In the last year or two, I've seen quite a few instances of him over committing to everything to try and get the team up or a situation to pay off - and mistakes made, but probably the most deserving of all the AA's for trying to bring the team with him (imho). Well, that and outstanding output - a haul like 6 goals and 25 disposals is something that the elitiest of elite aspire to.

Well done you 2, I'm proud to see you rewarded with AA honours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hagdorn melted this morning. Reckons the votes were Hurn 5, Fyfe 4 and the AFL stepped in and decided on Fyfe. :think::rolleyes:
Hurn didn’t turn up at the AA awards- just like his team last week against the Hawks.
Please God hear our prayers and let the Bombers belt the living suitcase out those fcukers next week....

I don't normally listen to 6pr at all but thought this morning would be entertaining. Especially after reading all the vile comments on twitter and FB last night. And it was very entertaining. :oops::think::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

The West Coast supporters and the shameful W.A media have made Fyfe embarrassed about his accolade.Why all the hate towards him he didn't ask to be the AA Captain. Quite frankly who cares who is the AA Captain . The Eagles supporters just cannot accept any positives about the Dockers and undermine any achievements , It is really quite pathetic.

I think everyone on here would agree Sonny plays for the frees, the only difference is that he doesn't get looked after.
He would be better advised to just play the straight bat, and let the umps see what they see.
The joke of the competition is Selwood, Dangerfield, but WC fans only enjoy purple misery.
I can’t find a stat for scores/goals from free kicks. The AFL site had an interesting article last year on this (Ben Brown had 9 goals from free kicks) but nothing this year.

What I did find would surprise most people on here (it surprised me). The player with the most free kicks for in 2019..... you guessed it... Sonny Walters with 51. No.2 was Nat Fyfe with 49.

This talk of Hurn deserving over Fyfe because his team has won a premiership is nonsense.

You swap Hurn for Fyfe in last year's team and Sheed's heroics aren't needed because they would have won by multiple goals.

Sure it would be tough to find a replacement player capable of gathering inflated numbers by playing on from kick ins, but I'm sure someone would manage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back