Toast All-Australian 2021 - Jack Steele - 2 Time All-Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Steele has cemented himself as one of the best players in the comp. 4th in the coaches votes for the 2nd year running.

Just a gun player who carries his team on his back every single week. So lucky to have him as our captain.

When the Giants shunted Steele he was about their 7th or 8th best midfielder. A couple of years back we all so desperately wanted Kelly. I know I did. I envisaged Kelly as a future captain and Brownlow medallist for us.

The irony now is that who would swap Steele for Kelly ? I wouldn't.

In fact Steele has probably outshone all those that were in the queue ahead of him at the Giants.

It's been a huge rise to prominence and the guys only just in his prime.

What a champion Jack Steele has become. People lament about not selecting the right players with some of high draft selections over the years, but this young man has literally obliterated all of our expectations since the trade to St.Kilda. Not bad for a 2nd rounder :cool:

When the Giants shunted Steele he was about their 7th or 8th best midfielder. A couple of years back we all so desperately wanted Kelly. I know I did. I envisaged Kelly as a future captain and Brownlow medallist for us.

The irony now is that who would swap Steele for Kelly ? I wouldn't.

In fact Steele has probably outshone all those that were in the queue ahead of him at the Giants.

It's been a huge rise to prominence and the guys only just in his prime.
Already one of the best trades we have ever done. On his way to being one of our best ever mids.

Wow so they just managed to sneak him into the team. So insulting.

and how the fk does Stringer not make the team? How on earth does that happen? Do these spud selectors watch games outside their own club?

Nic Nat easily starting ruck over Gawn, not even up for debate.

In fact looking at it, apparently Steele is the tenth best mid in the league?

Selectors are as trash as the weekly umpiring we are all forced to endure.

Since the modern All-Australian team was established in 1991, here are the list of St Kilda players who have made multiple All-Australian teams:

Lockett, Loewe, Harvey, Burke, Everitt, A Jones, Hayes, Riewoldt, Dal Santo, Goddard, Montagna, Milne, Steele.

Some pretty good company there.

Since the modern All-Australian team was established in 1991, here are the list of St Kilda players who have made multiple All-Australian teams:

Lockett, Loewe, Harvey, Burke, Everitt, A Jones, Hayes, Riewoldt, Dal Santo, Goddard, Montagna, Milne, Steele.

Feel like Fisher is very unlucky not to be on that list.

F: Milne, Lockett, FP
HF: Riewoldt, Loewe, HFF
C: Dal Santo, Hayes, Montagna
HB: A Jones, CHB, Goddard
B: BP, FB, BP
R: Everett, Harvey, Burke
Inter: x 4

Great team but we need AA for FP, CHB, FB and BP x 2.
And the 4 inter.

Does Steele get a starting position?
Or is he on the pine?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the record, the one-time St Kilda AA players since 1991 are Grant, McAdam, Winmar*, Ball, Gehrig, S Fisher & Dempster. The asterisk for Winmar is he was named in the VFL team of the year (a pre-cursor to the AA team) in 1989.

Grant Fisher Burke
Goddard Dempster A Jones
Montagna Hayes Dal Santo
Winmar Loewe Riewoldt
Milne Gehrig McAdam
Everitt Harvey Steele
Ball (Steven, Roberton, Ross and Butler have been named to AA squads so can fill out a bench)

Last edited:
F: Milne, Lockett, FP
HF: Riewoldt, Loewe, HFF
C: Dal Santo, Hayes, Montagna
HB: A Jones, CHB, Goddard
B: BP, FB, BP
R: Everett, Harvey, Burke
Inter: x 4

Great team but we need AA for FP, CHB, FB and BP x 2.
And the 4 inter.

Does Steele get a starting position?
Or is he on the pine?

I'd have Burke in a back pocket, and Steele on the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back