Toast All-Australian Lions in 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on the form and games this year would you rather have Larkey or Daniher ?

If you're picking a real team, you need Daniher for fwd/ruck if you're playing Tim English as you ruck :$

Merrett in instead on Neale sucks

Stewart instead of andrews
think liberatore has more of a case to be miffed

never been all australian unlike neale and had a much better year than anyone else picked on the bench

I don’t mind the team bar 2 glaring inclusions.

Merrett one of the most minimally damaging mids picked in years and Stewart?? 100% picked on reputation.
If they don't pick Stewart there's no one from Geelong.

So they're left with him ,best of the bunch of has beens and the rest not good enough.

Likewise Merrett . Need to placate the Dons fans and there was no one else there remotely close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very easy to mount an argument for Joe but in the end they're just going to go off the key stats and the biggest one is goals

Plus there did seem an effort this year to spread the love around. Clearly they let the biased selectors get their pets in

Bit surprised Wilkey named as All Australian, thought Andrews' season was better and definitely had Neal ahead Seeing. Hopefully Neal, Daniher and Andrews walk away with a premiership medallion in a few weeks time and embarrass the AA selectors.
Who is Neal?

For mine it’s a decent team, save for Merrett (great when off the chain, not great when gets any attention), and Stewart (would compare his season to Neale’s, who I didn’t give any hope this year, average enough by his standards). I’m one of those who was happy to see Toby named Captain, I watch a hell of a lot of footy and he’s been super this year.

Very easy to mount an argument for Joe but in the end they're just going to go off the key stats and the biggest one is goals

Plus there did seem an effort this year to spread the love around. Clearly they let the biased selectors get their pets in
Very true.

A lack of insight that kicking 2 or 3 in a high pressure game and contributing strongly to a win is worth a lot more that kicking bags against a legless opposition where the result is immaterial.

Stewart HAS BEEN touched up on a number of occasions this season. Of all our 4, Dad is the imo most deserved. I think most opposition coaches would have a plan to negate his influence.

I don’t mind the team bar 2 glaring inclusions.

Merrett one of the most minimally damaging mids picked in years and Stewart?? 100% picked on reputation.

That not true for Merrett. His kicking this year has been sublime and has great impact, just not as good as Neale was.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back