All Australian retirement Team

Remove this Banner Ad

But yes... with possible retirements of the following (unsure if any of these blokes have retired yet or if all made an AA squad)..

Gaz, Burgoyne, Gibson, Kelly, Mackie, Lonergan, Taylor, Petrie, Morris, Murphy, McVeigh, Simpson, Montagna, Stanton, Waite, Michael Johnson, Lecras & Dawson

*I think out of that group Gaz, Burgoyne, Kelly, Simpson & Potential will all go on again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB - C Yarran, J Patfull, H Lumumba
HB - S Dempster, S Shaw, L Hodge
C - M Boyd, S Thompson, J Watson
HF - D Armfield, N Riewoldt, ?
FF - S Johnson, J White, ?
R - I Maric, S Mitchell, M Priddis

The team is filling up nicely so far and it's not even end of the season yet.

Suspect Heath Hocking will call it quits by the end of the year as well.

If we are going pure All Australian

B: Dempster, Gibson, Murphy
HB: Hodge, Morris, Mackie
C: Boyd, Mitchell, Watson
HF: Kelly, Cloke, Montagna
F: Lecras, Riewoldt, Johnson
R: Petrie, Thompson (ADE), Priddis

Last edited:
Gary "I don't want to be here" Ablett Jnr could be forced into retirement and this side.

AFL will engineer a move, and some ridiculously big compensation package for GC.

Gives them a feel good factor/PR win over Ablett returning to Geelong, and an excuse to prop up GC without it being *too* obvious what they're doing.

AFL will engineer a move, and some ridiculously big compensation package for GC.

Gives them a feel good factor/PR win over Ablett returning to Geelong, and an excuse to prop up GC without it being *too* obvious what they're doing.

If he is faking his injuries then GCS should sue him for his salary. If he is not faking them, why would Geelong want to go near him? There would be an expectation that they play him every week...

If he is faking his injuries then GCS should sue him for his salary. If he is not faking them, why would Geelong want to go near him? There would be an expectation that they play him every week...

I doubt anyone would expect him to play every week.

But if they can 'adjust' his salary (they'd have to to fit him into their cap after all, and as surmised, the AFL would be on board), then a dozen games, and the PR/merch benefits to the club/player could be considered worth it.

nb. I don't think this is fair, and thus shouldn't happen, but we're talking about the AFL here, and for them it's a win/win...so who cares about the rules/fairness/integrity right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back