Universal Love All Australian Squad of 40 named

Remove this Banner Ad

Joke Jones at least isn't nominated. What's a guy got to do?

Eh, hopefully he was close. Looking at the midfielders in the squad, realistically I wouldn't push anyone out to include Jones. People go off stats a bit too much for my liking - a lot of raving about Dustin Martin being fantastic but I've seen some games where he seems to shank every 2nd disposal or pump the ball 55 metres to a 1 on 3, etc. But look at those stats...

I wouldn't have Jones in the final team due to ridiculous competition in the midfield but should have made the 40 squad.

You'd have thought so. And Callan Ward, as good as Ward has been.
Nah Ward I can understand, he's pretty much elite. Drags that GWS midfield into every game. Ellis though I don't rate that highly - good young footballer but not quite AA material yet.

booshboy said:
Would surely have Jones in there over Libba. Very stiff.
I'm gonna say that Luke Darcy lobbied hard to get him in the team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah Ward I can understand, he's pretty much elite. Drags that GWS midfield into every game. Ellis though I don't rate that highly - good young footballer but not quite AA material yet.

Jones is not elite? Ward is a very good player and will probably end up better than Jones but right now I'd have Jones in my team. Jones is also currently a lot better than Libba and a shitload better than Ellis IMO.

If they aren't going to include us by having Jones in the 40 man squad, then who here gives a **** about it anymore?

Jones is not elite? Ward is a very good player and will probably end up better than Jones but right now I'd have Jones in my team. Jones is also currently a lot better than Libba and a shitload better than Ellis IMO.
Yeah would definitely prefer Jones to Ward but Ward deserves at least to be in the squad. Ellis' selection is a joke.

When Chunk comes top 5/10 in the Brownlow this will look pretty silly IMO.

HtK9TmH.png

Just for the record. Only ones that stick out to me are effective disposal percentage and goals per game being in favour of Selwood. That said, Jones is picking up two more touches a game.

HtK9TmH.png

Just for the record. Only ones that stick out to me are effective disposal percentage and goals per game being in favour of Selwood. That said, Jones is picking up two more touches a game.

Pfft, come on now, Selwood easily ducks his way into the AA team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back