Toast All Australian Squad - Pendles, Grundy, and Treloar

josewales

Team Captain
Aug 5, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
I just loved that Pendles rubbed in the fact that we get a home final from finishing 4th

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
ed7d02d3789edb86b5016789f42c9301.gif

scratchy09

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
How Hawkins got in is beyond me. There’s a few I’d have before him. Including Ben Brown.

Hawkins applies a boat load of pressure and provides more around the ground. I've seen Tomahawk pass off easy goals to others evidenced by 24 Goal assists to 4. More tackles, more disposals, at a higher efficiency and more marks.

scratchy09

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
The selection I'm most confused about is Shannon Hurn. Missed 3 games and had a poor 2nd half of the year. Rampe should've been selected as IMO, he was the best defender in the comp for 2019. What people don't realise about the McGovern selection is teams change how they enter forward 50 because of McGovern. No other defender commands that respect, that alone gets him in. I personally would've selected Sicily over Houli but not too fussed about that one. Only other change I'd make would be Dusty coming in for one of Macrae, Kelly or Yeo. Dusty's second half of the year was sensational which should've picked him in the team.

Aishole

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don’t understand the angst about the Tom Hawkins selection. Is a far superior player to Ben Brown. Brown is as one dimensional as they come... albeit its a pretty handy dimension.

Tom Hawkins has a hand in many more goals (by way of total assists, involvements etc) then Brown. Tom had a couple of average games, but still as a whole, a much better year then Brown. Jack darling for that matter had a couple of absolute stinkers as well early in the year.

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
Don’t understand the angst about the Tom Hawkins selection. Is a far superior player to Ben Brown. Brown is as one dimensional as they come... albeit its a pretty handy dimension.

Tom Hawkins has a hand in many more goals (by way of total assists, involvements etc) then Brown. Tom had a couple of average games, but still as a whole, a much better year then Brown. Jack darling for that matter had a couple of absolute stinkers as well early in the year.

Fair points. I guess I score Hawkins harder. Seems like it wasn’t his best season (last season he was statistically better in most every regard) but he definitely had some wins over BB besides the goals per game and contested grabs. I also wonder what difference it makes playing for the Cats as distinct from playing for North who were atrocious early on the whole.
If I was to take a forward now I would, without a second thought, take BB but it helps that he is 26 while Hawkins is 31.

Jafo

Premiership Player
Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone have stats on Treloar (vs rest of our team and others), in terms of Fors and against getting an AA guernsey this year?

Back