Toast ALL AUSTRALIAN SQUAD - Treloar and Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to make the squad, but l reckon Howe is out of the two to make the team, but only a small one though. The way teams are picked only the favourites get in mostly

Jacobs, Ryder and Keuezer already in, and all have legitimate claims. Grundy's small mid season patch of ordinary form and his suspension probably cost him a spot in the squad.

I say more his Stupid Suspsension Cost Him.

He Beat Jacbos and At least Tied with Ryder and Kreuzer.

peter9789

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Congrats to both Howe and Treloar. But not sure Treloar deserved his place. Howe in my view should be a certainty.

Oh the joy of rubbing a little more salt into the Dees supporters after the weekend with Howe AA

CarnMags

Senior List
Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
You'd think not...but it is quite frankly a bizarre selection. He's been consistently solid I would've thought

Yeah I' agree that he is lucky to be included in the 40, but his selection is no more bizarre than that of Scully, Selwood Bont, Ross, or even Kennedy.

ash84

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2008
Exmouth
AFL Club
Collingwood
BACK Neville Jetta Alex Rance Rory Laird
HALF BACK Jeremy Howe Michael Hurley Sam Docherty
MIDS Josh Kelly Patrick Dangerfield © Tom Scully
HALF FWD Dayne Zorko Josh Kennedy Robbie Gray
FWD Eddie Betts Lance Franklin Toby Greene
FOLLOWERS Paddy Ryder Tom Mitchell Dustin Martin
BENCH Rory Sloane Joe Daniher Elliot Yeo Dylan Shiel

davywap

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 10, 2010
on a chair
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd have Adams over Treloar personally. Grundy pretty stiff I reckon, 5th for hitouts and second only to Stefan Martin for disposals out of the rucks, with a higher average because he missed 2 games.

Clayton Oliver pretty stiff too. Bont, Selwood & Walker all just there on name.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
I would have had Adams in over Treloar. Howe was always going to be a monty for AA. Thoroughly deserved.
Your overrating Adams and underratimg Treloar.

Jonno94

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Howe easily deserves to be in but Treloar really shouldn't be. Grundy had a fantastic year but his competition was tough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brent24

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Kind of funny how opposition fans still see Howe as a flashy player that is only good for the odd speccy. Because I was guilty of that when he was at Melbourne. They don't see that he reads the play as well as any player in the game, he's a terrific 1 vs 1 mark or his kicking that often opens up the game for us. He's had an amazing season.

Treloar definitely a bit lucky. Would have Adams a bit ahead. Neither near the 22 either way though.

Grundy super close but probably fair enough.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
There's no way the AA judges have optics into Brownlow voting..
Isn't Danny Frawley a selector?
Not much optics into anything

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
I could say the opposite to you. As they say, opinions are like @ssholes, everyone's got one.

Adams for mine had the better year across the board I'm not saying he is a better player, generally speaking over their career.

I do find the potting of Adams on here a bit distasteful at times.
I like what Adams offers but he just had to play within his limitations more. For mine Adams had too many games around the start in the middle of the year where he didn't and it hurt the team. Treloar also had quiet games around the middle too. Overall they both averaged the same amount of ball but Treloar is more damaging when he gets it kicked more goals for mine.

No he's just expressing his opinion
As was I.

Mongo Ming

Intergalactic Despot
Sep 10, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I like what Adams offers but he just had to play within his limitations more. For mine Adams had too many games around the start in the middle of the year where he didn't and it hurt the team. Treloar also had quiet games around the middle too. Overall they both averaged the same amount of ball but Treloar is more damaging when he gets it kicked more goals for mine.

As was I.
They both offer something completely different really. I think they actually compliment each other quite well. AT/TA it's all in the names! Bizarro versions of each other.

30yearpie

Team Captain
Jul 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd have Adams over Treloar personally. Grundy pretty stiff I reckon, 5th for hitouts and second only to Stefan Martin for disposals out of the rucks, with a higher average because he missed 2 games.

Clayton Oliver pretty stiff too. Bont, Selwood & Walker all just there on name.
50% of his hit-outs go the opposition, so I wouldn't have expected him to make the AA - IMO

Aug 17, 2009
In the Country,VIC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phila 76ers , Phila Eagles , Man U
Surprised with Treloar, but also surprised how Bontempelli and Selwood made the squad.

How the * did Bontempelli make the squad. Every game I watched I hardly noticed him. Expect Selwood to be captain.

I also can't believe Grundy didn't make it. Kruezer over Grundy LOL.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Surprised with Treloar, but also surprised how Bontempelli and Selwood made the squad.

Agree, not that all 3 haven't had good years, just not necessarily AA good.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Slob the Slobbo didn't have Howe in his AA selection.
The great turd won't let go will he.

Howe should be an absolute lock.*

* but my long held theory might come into play, if it's ever line ball the Collingwood player misses out

Howe's form tapered quite a bit later in the season so not so sure he's a lock.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Howe's form tapered quite a bit later in the season so not so sure he's a lock.
Have a feeling the selectors will revert to the oldest truest football rule:

If it's line ball or even close, the Collingwood player must miss out.

Just for laughs, does Bontempelli get in? A good season but not more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back