Toast ALL AUSTRALIAN SQUAD - Treloar and Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Including Yeo on the bench they've picked 3 tall defenders (Rance, Hurley, McGovern) and 4 half back flankers (Hibberd, Laird, Docherty, Yeo) with Yeo also spending considerable time up the ground (mid/forward). All are deserving of their spots, but it's an unbalanced group missing a true third tall defender. A tough call needed to be made between Rance/Hurley/McGovern, Laird/Docherty/Hibberd/Yeo in order to select a more balanced team reflecting true AFL lineups. For mine either McGovern or Yeo should have missed.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
Enough has been said on this, Jeremy Howe missing out on making the final side just shows the ongoing bias against any player from Collingwood. Its a fact that individuals in the media, and those in positions eg. AA selectors who associate with these media indentities, share the same bias / hatred for Collingwood.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The great football law was in play yet again

• Whenever there is a lineball decision, the Collingwood player always always always misses out

Howe is an interesting one. As an 'aerialist' he excels in a unique aspect of our game, and probably the most exciting aspect, certainly to outsiders. Many rate him as one of the best high marks ever, and those marks are not flukes. He also typically takes the ball on his chest while suspended in mid air, and not with arms outstretched. He is a freak. So, for excellence and excitement, and not just for performing in a specific position, I hoped he'd get into the 22.

Sweeetleftfoot

All Australian
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lol selwood in on reputation again, would have been a major meltdown had he been named captain. Overall pretty decent team where everyone bar selwood deserved there spot

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
At least Howe can come first and second in the MOTY competition.
They might find a way to give it to some else....*

Howe missed as he was line ball, and line ball doesn't go Collingwoods way as a rule.

* but Howe being so superior in about three marks this year means he should go 1st, 2nd, 3rd

ZerokooL

Debutant
Oct 1, 2014
Home
AFL Club
Collingwood
Enough has been said on this, Jeremy Howe missing out on making the final side just shows the ongoing bias against any player from Collingwood. Its a fact that individuals in the media, and those in positions eg. AA selectors who associate with these media indentities, share the same bias / hatred for Collingwood.

Have to agree on this one! Happens every year! Even at the very worst, Howe should have made the team!

Here is your AA selection panel:
Gillon McLachlan (flog), Kevin Bartlett (pie hater), Luke Darcy(knob), Mark Evans (?), Danny Frawley(doofus), Glen Jakovich (wanka), Cameron Ling (strand short) and Warren Tredrea (tool).

I'd like to see the AA stats for Pies players (in the actual team) over the past 20 years or how ever long it's been running?

It would have been more difficult to justify naming Rance captain had Howe been rightfully selected on the field as both are co-vice captains of their respective sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fonzeno1

Team Captain
Apr 19, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
They might find a way to give it to some else....*

Howe missed as he was line ball, and line ball doesn't go Collingwoods way as a rule.

* but Howe being so superior in about three marks this year means he should go 1st, 2nd, 3rd
I hear ya saintly but i dont think he was line ball. Stats can be thrown around all day and howes stats are compareable and even better than some selected. My issue is that howe and what hes done is special. Someone like selwood gets in by name and previous selections but someone like howe who works his ass off to become an elite player gets snubbed. Howe is different to other players in that he has a freak ability to mark the high ball that no one else has. But he has also become a genuine elite player through hard work. For me the fact he brings as good a game as others in side and adds that freak ability that no one else is capable of means that ability should edge others out. I mean whos gonna say i was there the day laird or docherty took a standard mark across half back as loose man in defence? Everyone will remember howes marks and tell people about them. Not saying single marks hold weight but when its a regular occurance and his overall game is just as good it should carry weight.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thought Howe was special this year, he is unique and do do what he does as consistently as he does would add the WOW factor to any All Australian team.

He would be a definite starter if they actually played a game but its just a paper thing.

It's a disgrace that Selwood was named this year to be frank. Did not deserve it.

I reckon Howe was very stiff. Think he had a better year than McGovern who I rate.

Docherty is very over rated but seems to be flavour of the month. I wouldn't recognise him if he stood up in my breakfast.

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
I thought Howe was definitely quieter in the second half of the year. He was getting tagged from time to time. Probably what stopped him getting in.

Oh yeah and Selwood is a campaigner.

Howe should have taken Selwood's spot. Hell, my beer consumption performances watching our matches this year meant I should have taken Selwood's spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
It's a disgrace that Selwood was named this year to be frank. Did not deserve it.

I reckon Howe was very stiff. Think he had a better year than McGovern who I rate.

Docherty is very over rated but seems to be flavour of the month. I wouldn't recognise him if he stood up in my breakfast.

Funniest call in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29bf44378f699156683e941c37661b90.jpg

b1346218db9662fa549db6b30d6027c8.jpg

Wonder why the guy on the left didn't make all Australian really...

Bootman

Rookie
Jul 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm just waiting for Howe's QB mark to be put up against his R23 mark, discount the quality of the mark because he takes a hanger every other week and for Daniher to win MotY while everyone is caught up debating which Howe mark was the better of the two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back