All Australian Team 2016

Which player is the most stiff to miss the AA squad?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty good squad, the guys in the poll all had good seasons but nobody to lose your mind about.

Would love Jeremy McGovern to make it, pretty big field in the defenders though...maybe as 3rd tall?

B. Laird, Rance, Rampe
HB. Shaw, Talia, Martin
C. Conglio, Hannebery, Shuey
HF. Greene, Franklin, Bontempelli
F. Betts, Kennedy, Lynch
1R. Gawn, Dangerfield, Parker
I/C. McGovern, Neale, Kennedy, Steven

Dylan Shiel also very unlucky. ... Coniglio very lucky. Dylan Shiel has been GWS's best midfielder this year.

Can't agree there. My tip for the Kevin Sheedy is Cogs. Been our best midfielder all year. His and Dyl's numbers are almost mirror image...

Both average 28 disposals, 1 goal assist, 7 score involvements, 4 inside 50s, 2 rebound 50s, 5 clearances
Dyl, averages 4 marks per game, Cogs, 3
Dyl has kicked 13:13 to Cogs 11:10

The real difference though is Dyl averages only 3 tackles a game while Cogs averages 6
Cogs does a job on an oppo midfielder most weeks, takes him out of the game as well as getting it himself.

Dyl has been good - Cogs has been better.

The Giants player most unlucky though, was Zac Williams off half back. Had a stellar year and deserved to at least have been in the 40.

If Greene doesn't make it onto a HFF i don't know what to say, given the selectors are no picking a team to play, based on where they actually play during the season. 21.5 touches a game, 1.9 goals a game (39 in total) and 1.1 goal assist a game (24 total good for 3rd overall).

After Luke Parker missed out they year he kicked just as many I'll believe it when I see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally have Riewoldt over Gunston & Lynch and Merrett over Gaff, but it's not a terrible squad. Probably had Riewoldt and Merrett just missing the final 22 anyway, thereabouts but not locks, so probably not the biggest deal.

Interested as to who will be named captain...Selwood?

If gaff made it off his 2nd half of the year, then Brodie Grundy should've been a lock, just sayin. Been putting up insane numbers for a ruckman in the 2nd half of the year

gaff doesn't deserve to be in it any way. His stats inflate his actual form this year. Go with one ruck this year anyway. the rest were good but were miles behind gawn.

This doesn't come up unless you click on the above and scroll down

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 9.19.58 pm.png

surprised scofield made the list. He take the oppositions #1 forward usually as well.

Back