All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon DBJ's chances of making the final cut are being a bit neglected here. I reckon he's in our top 2 or 3 chances.

I reckon he's a lock tbh

I reckon DBJ's chances of making the final cut are being a bit neglected here. I reckon he's in our top 2 or 3 chances.
Boak 100%
Dixon 100%
DBJ 80%
Jonas 50%
Butters 0%

The media having a boner over Andrews, Moore and to a lesser extent Weitering all year is Jonas' biggest competition.

But in a media free world he should absolutely be AA captain.

Well done to the fab 5. Especially surprised to see Butters in the group so early in his career - he really has caught the attention of the footy world this year.

"Second year blues are for wimps" - Z. Butters

Social media was quick to jump on the players they deemed seriously unlucky to miss out on a place in the squad with none gaining more traction than Melbourne’s Steven May.

“Just staggered May is not in the best 40. I’d have him in the team not the 40,” The Age’s Michael Gleeson wrote.

His name along with North’s Todd Goldstein and GWS’ Lachie Whitfield were prominently thrown around among the brutal snubs.

Lol Steven May. Biggest spud

So the squad is put together by analysts who watch our games. Who'd have thought it?? Wines perhaps unlucky but he's probably only recently hit his best form again. Have no issue with any of the omissions mentioned above - if they were as good as they should be their teams wouldn't have finished 12th or whatever.

DBJ has been a quiet achiever all year, he'd be the first small defender picked in my team. Boak is a lock and Jonas has every right to be Captain - lifting his team from 10th to Minor Premiers.

I reckon Jonas will be All-Australian captain in the back pocket as the third tall, Dixon at centre half forward and Boak should be in the guts but knowing the AA selectors he’s just as likely to be on a wing or a half forward flank.

Byrne-Jones I’m less sure of but right up there with Maynard, Shepard and Daniel for those 3 small defender spots. Butters won’t make the final side but I’m stoked he’s been recognised.

I've got DBJ and Dixon swapped around.
Nah, no way they don’t pick the key forward with the second most goals and most contested marks. He’s also been a media darling and a highlight reel player, AA lock in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stoked to see 5 in the squad. Don't expect them all to be selected in the 22 but great to have a few guys recognised.

Having said that, Boak and Dixon are absolute locks imo, and if either or even both of the defenders get picked I won't be shocked. Zak the real smokey.

Is anyone else amused at the AFL having it as the 40 person AA squad rather than 40 man squad? Seems so AFL to ensure gender neutral language in a team that can only have males, whilst letting Collingwood keep playing De Goey. Never change AFL, never change.

On the squad, this is excellent. I expect only Boak and Dixon to make the cut. DBJ and Jonas will fall to the 'if in doubt leave the non-Victorian team player out' toss of the coins for in or out.

Butters getting recognition will stand him in good stead for subsequent years, for the 'he's been average this year, but we know his name from previous earlier good years, let's pick him' couple of picks that happen every year.

Does anyone have access to DBJs Champion Data?

Besides Trav, probably our most consistent & reliable player all season. Would be one of the first magnets thrown on the board each selection meeting.

Is anyone else amused at the AFL having it as the 40 person AA squad rather than 40 man squad? Seems so AFL to ensure gender neutral language in a team that can only have males, whilst letting Collingwood keep playing De Goey. Never change AFL, never change.
Honestly wouldn’t have noticed if other people hadn’t whinged about it.

When a player is running around loose in an AFLW game, does the crowd yell "man up", "woman up" or "person up"?

Man up, man is a verb meaning to operate or defend.

Wingard made All Australian in his 2nd year. Will be a massive achievement if Butters matches him and sneaks in.

For me Boak and Dixon are certainties and DBJ gets in if Tredders has twisted enough arms on the selection committee. he wants him in there. Jonas has had a great year but isn't flashy enough. If Wines started the year like the last 6-8 weeks he would have been a certainty.

Wingard made All Australian in his 2nd year. Will be a massive achievement if Butters matches him and sneaks in.

For me Boak and Dixon are certainties and DBJ gets in if Tredders has twisted enough arms on the selection committee. he wants him in there. Jonas has had a great year but isn't flashy enough. If Wines started the year like the last 6-8 weeks he would have been a certainty.

jonas has a strong case as the leader of the minor premiers and also the best backline in the league. He’s also a perfect fit for that third tall by combining playing on talls, smalls and intercepting.

Butters missing 2 games probably kills his chances

Boak and Charlie locks imo

DBJ should make the side

Jonas can't see it imo

When'sthe last time ports have had 5 in the squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back