All Divisions General NFNL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, this old chetnut.....

Dropped into RMIT to watch a few minutes of a praccy game today.

I know I will get shot down for this but RMIT ground is PERFECT for finals.

I have no idea who plays there (hippy uni people??) but the ground is in mint condition, there is raised areas around the whole ground for spectators that could handle large crowds, heaps of parking, easy to get to. Other than no undercover (but heaps of areas for Marquees and tentage?) or grandstand, its fine and would handle the crowds we see at local finals easily.

No doubt its not available especially for GFs but if we want neutral grounds for all finals this is easily a good option.
No chance since Latrobe is a sponsor of the NFNL I would imagine.

I hear that maybe the NFNL intrepid reporter (Higgins), may have an interesting article to hit the papers this week. I feel this may hit the HS due to some huge screeching coming from one competition.

Allegations from another competition of illegal and immoral poaching of juniors with cash payments and other incentives meaning decimation of their U19 programs and thus, throughput.

From what I hear this has been raised with alleged Clubs, including some of the bigger ones around but could be up to 5 or 6 clubs being accused of 'illegal' acts.

However, in Dennys's opinion and to start the conversation, once they created this concept called salary cap in local football there was always going to be smarter people out there that would play by different rules. In the end, there are people running clubs that are smart businesspeople and if they see an opportunity to strengthen their Club they will. If a competition that used to be powerful and prides themselves on not paying players (............) get caught up in that well, they are obviously doing bad business and need to move with the times or rely on the culture that they have.

Should 15, 16, 17-year-olds be recruited to Clubs by incentives and fees paid etc, well why not, at that age they are 'drafted' to high-level feeder TAC Cup teams with the carrot of AFL riches, why can't NFNL clubs do a similar thing? I know some want the clean perfect world where no one club, despite the hard work of them being fiscally able, no club should be able to spend money on players from other clubs or leagues but that is not only naive but, restriction of trade for a Club that is capable of it.

Will be interesting what comes out of AFL-Vic where this issue is currently at, stay tuned to the papers, this all could be just a dodgy rumour I am starting so maybe see what the Easter Bunny brings.

I hear that maybe the NFNL intrepid reporter (Higgins), may have an interesting article to hit the papers this week. I feel this may hit the HS due to some huge screeching coming from one competition.

Allegations from another competition of illegal and immoral poaching of juniors with cash payments and other incentives meaning decimation of their U19 programs and thus, throughput.

From what I hear this has been raised with alleged Clubs, including some of the bigger ones around but could be up to 5 or 6 clubs being accused of 'illegal' acts.

However, in Dennys's opinion and to start the conversation, once they created this concept called salary cap in local football there was always going to be smarter people out there that would play by different rules. In the end, there are people running clubs that are smart businesspeople and if they see an opportunity to strengthen their Club they will. If a competition that used to be powerful and prides themselves on not paying players (............) get caught up in that well, they are obviously doing bad business and need to move with the times or rely on the culture that they have.

Should 15, 16, 17-year-olds be recruited to Clubs by incentives and fees paid etc, well why not, at that age they are 'drafted' to high-level feeder TAC Cup teams with the carrot of AFL riches, why can't NFNL clubs do a similar thing? I know some want the clean perfect world where no one club, despite the hard work of them being fiscally able, no club should be able to spend money on players from other clubs or leagues but that is not only naive but, restriction of trade for a Club that is capable of it.

Will be interesting what comes out of AFL-Vic where this issue is currently at, stay tuned to the papers, this all could be just a dodgy rumour I am starting so maybe see what the Easter Bunny brings.
It's an interesting one. More and more young players are starting to take work over playing footy at 10am in the morning so the clubs who have enough money are trying to be creative with keeping all the kids. Taking them from another league though? Hmm...

But I'll definitely keep an eye out for that one.

I know one well off Eastern Football League power house is up to their neck in this.

What? you mean like Eltham??

Heard Banyule Council had emailed Banyule senior clubs that due to forecasted rain at 6pm Thursday they are banned from training. Email send Tuesday.

Some serious Jane Bunn crystal ball action at Banyule Council.

Anyone heard if this is true?

Heard Banyule Council had emailed Banyule senior clubs that due to forecasted rain at 6pm Thursday they are banned from training. Email send Tuesday.

True - we just got word from our coaches we are off our ground tomorrow night due to council request.

Chump :trophy:

City of whittlesea, Darebin and nillumbik councils would love that little edge up

With winter starting next week should these Banyule clubs be concerned that this will continue to happen.

I hear we are in El Nino, El Nina, El McPherson....El something, could be a wet or dry winter.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct.
Not the first time though.

Not seniors I know, but some interesting calls in the junior grading. Especially under 16s.

Kilmore had an average losing margin of 46 points across their 4 games (won 1 against a Div 2 side, and lost 3 against Div 1 teams), whilst South Morang had an average winning margin of 46 points over 3 games. Guess which team went to Div 1 ? Yep....Kilmore :oops:
i believe Kilmore have 2 teams this year and id say had to cop 1 of them being in Div 1 and now Whitt 16's sit on top of Blue Div after nominating Red and getting 4 easy wins and being promoted to Blue. Surely a well planned tactic that worked a treat to get 4 easy wins on the board. Rorted the new "grading" system

i believe Kilmore have 2 teams this year and id say had to cop 1 of them being in Div 1 and now Whitt 16's sit on top of Blue Div after nominating Red and getting 4 easy wins and being promoted to Blue. Surely a well planned tactic that worked a treat to get 4 easy wins on the board. Rorted the new "grading" system
Totally wrong about Whittlesea.
They were placed in the lower division by the league , due to last years results.
They were put back up after 2 fairly big victories in the lower division.
Their other 2 wins have come against 2 Blue division teams Yarrambat and STH Morang which played finals last year. And a draw against last years Grand Finalists in Eltham.

Totally wrong about Whittlesea.
They were placed in the lower division by the league , due to last years results.
They were put back up after 2 fairly big victories in the lower division.
Their other 2 wins have come against 2 Blue division teams Yarrambat and STH Morang which played finals last year. And a draw against last years Grand Finalists in Eltham.
There is zero chance the league put them in Red first up, never happens.
They requested it.

There is zero chance the league put them in Red first up, never happens.
They requested it.
NFNL Member are you are part of Whittlesea to know they requested it?
Or how do you know where teams entered?
Curious as you seem very certain
Juniors is always a raffle, it shouldn’t be they, go and precious years results, clubs submit player lists, compare from previous year, then rank accordingly

Juniors is always a raffle, it shouldn’t be they, go and precious years results, clubs submit player lists, compare from previous year, then rank accordingly
I know enough to know the League would never and have never placed a team in Red division from round 1 who nominated for Blue.
That many teams try to get out of Blue to get a bit of team success that if a Club nominates Blue, they are in Blue, and no luckily im not a part of Whittlesea JFC.
You seem pretty certain yourself so maybe you are in that nest?
Its widely known in that age group/division that WJFC nominated Red to get a few wins in early of which the got 3 very easy ones, and now sit on top of the Blue Div ladder in a very even comp.
Not a good look for a team who started in Red div to now be sitting on top of Blue, thats my point.
If Mr Downes left the old grading system alone, it couldn't have happened.
Well played by the WJFC crew though!

I know enough to know the League would never and have never placed a team in Red division from round 1 who nominated for Blue.
That many teams try to get out of Blue to get a bit of team success that if a Club nominates Blue, they are in Blue, and no luckily im not a part of Whittlesea JFC.
You seem pretty certain yourself so maybe you are in that nest?
Its widely known in that age group/division that WJFC nominated Red to get a few wins in early of which the got 3 very easy ones, and now sit on top of the Blue Div ladder in a very even comp.
Not a good look for a team who started in Red div to now be sitting on top of Blue, thats my point.
If Mr Downes left the old grading system alone, it couldn't have happened.
Well played by the WJFC crew though!
NFNL Member no definitely not involved at a Whittlesea or juniors for that matter, just a nuffie who likes watching senior division 1 footy

With grading, like I said I would have thought any club who nominates for a certain division and it’s lower than what they played the year earlier than the league would/should/could ask questions and re-grade accordingly, prior to grading game commencing
Do you agree?

NFNL Member no definitely not involved at a Whittlesea or juniors for that matter, just a nuffie who likes watching senior division 1 footy

With grading, like I said I would have thought any club who nominates for a certain division and it’s lower than what they played the year earlier than the league would/should/could ask questions and re-grade accordingly, prior to grading game commencing
Do you agree?
Absolutely i agree, but i doubt they do ask questions.
If they did in this case, what were the responses do you think?
They were clearly going to be a better side than previous years if you are familiar with that comp.
Not worse!
And the first game confirmed that, as did the second, then they were put up into Blue and gifted another game v Kilmore who they beat in a practice match by 140pts.
12pts racked up!!! mission completed.
But Stillwater is trying to say the League demoted them on previous results which is a total load of rubbish.
I think the Kinglake fog has got to him possibly.

They were clearly going to be a better side than previous years if you are familiar with that comp.
Not worse!
And the first game confirmed that, as did the second, then they were put up into Blue and gifted another game v Kilmore who they beat in a practice match by 140pts.
But Stillwater is trying to say the League demoted them on previous results which is a total load of rubbish.
NFNL Member sorry like I said have no involvement with juniors so not sure how this happens
Sorry who is Stillwater, does he /she look after NFNL juniors?

Not worse!
Who actually cares about the grading of a KIDS sport comp? So what if they take 2 wins up with them, they still have to be good enough to win finals against good sides...

Who actually cares about the grading of a KIDS sport comp? So what if they take 2 wins up with them, they still have to be good enough to win finals against good sides...
we care, if you dont thats fine.
but you cared enough to stop, read and comment and we love you for that!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back