All Divisions General NFNL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I cared enough to point out to you that you are carrying on like a 5 year old over it. Move on, it's junior footy for god's sake!
is that what you think you did is it?
Ill move on when i feel like moving on, if it annoys you this much ill definitely keep posting!!

there was a jnr footy topic(yes some people care to discuss it) that i contributed to as did others.
no one really cares what anyone thinks.
i guess ill just sit back and wait to watch all the important stuff you like to give us your opinion on.

is that what you think you did is it?
Ill move on when i feel like moving on, if it annoys you this much ill definitely keep posting!!

there was a jnr footy topic(yes some people care to discuss it) that i contributed to as did others.
no one really cares what anyone thinks.
i guess ill just sit back and wait to watch all the important stuff you like to give us your opinion on.
hfchfc coming from the biggest junior sooks in the league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conversation that was happening on Div 1 thread but interested in opinions as to why this year is worse than other years, seems to be chilly but has it been overly wet? From what I can gather:

Fitzroy Stars off ground now playing and training at RMIT
Bundoora not allowed to train on ground (heard they may have been in a basketball court last week which cannot be great prep for games)
Lower Plenty not allowed to train on ground.
Greensborough off ground playing this week an Binnak Park

Any others? Heard Heidelberg maybe on the heavy side and a wet week with games on it could kill it?

Again, all just what I am hearing but would love to know what options there is? We start playing on grounds that are OK and over use them will more be closed? Anyone from Clubs have a timeline or what their councils are actually doing or proposing.

Feels pretty bad this year - I'm of the impression the sheer volume of rain we copped last summer has just seen the grounds at a tipping point, so as soon as it was wet and there was traffic on, them they got chewed up.

Conversation that was happening on Div 1 thread but interested in opinions as to why this year is worse than other years, seems to be chilly but has it been overly wet? From what I can gather:

Fitzroy Stars off ground now playing and training at RMIT
Bundoora not allowed to train on ground (heard they may have been in a basketball court last week which cannot be great prep for games)
Lower Plenty not allowed to train on ground.
Greensborough off ground playing this week an Binnak Park

Any others? Heard Heidelberg maybe on the heavy side and a wet week with games on it could kill it?

Again, all just what I am hearing but would love to know what options there is? We start playing on grounds that are OK and over use them will more be closed? Anyone from Clubs have a timeline or what their councils are actually doing or proposing.
Need more grounds, even synthetic ones like south morang for junior training at a minimum. Obviously land is hard to find but it can be done.

Other grounds like Bundoora need a Banyule style redevelopment to prevent this wear.

Panther Place has an enormous amount of traffic but holds up ,so it can be done if the grounds built well.

Local Council's, State Government's, Federal Government's have dropped the ball on this.... participation levels have gone through the roof with girl's and women's team now playing, plus the increase in boys due to population growth but very minimal new ovals been built in the last 10/15 year.

Why haven't they fixed up Poulter reserve in Greensborough?
Eltham have been using the High School... why not Susan Street?

Local Council's, State Government's, Federal Government's have dropped the ball on this.... participation levels have gone through the roof with girl's and women's team now playing, plus the increase in boys due to population growth but very minimal new ovals been built in the last 10/15 year.

Susan Street is closed due to poor condition

There is land opposite Eltham High the nillumbik greenies want to use as a “Community farm” you’d think the other community farm 30 seconds up the road would be ample for the area… maybe turn that into a sports field

I’m tipping whatever Eltham want they will get. Love to know the total $ spent at that club by council in last 10 years!!! Where the votes are gets the $$$

I’m hearing junior finals are going to have time on in the second half.
Going to be very interesting as most clubs now have scoreboards that do the work. Opposing parents/volunteers agreeing on time off/time back on final siren timing. What could possibly go wrong 🫣

I’m hearing junior finals are going to have time on in the second half.
Going to be very interesting as most clubs now have scoreboards that do the work. Opposing parents/volunteers agreeing on time off/time back on final siren timing. What could possibly go wrong 🫣
I'm pretty sure the league provides the time keepers for the finals? Could be wrong though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back