All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok folks. This thread has seen some heated and divisive chat that is taking discussion away from the week to week product. Going forward any WWE vs AEW related discussion should take place here. Examples of this are obviously the CM Punk, Ospreay and Triple H type stuff.

While constructive critisism is fine, repetitive opionions that have no intention of producing good faith discussion will be deleted. Repeat offenders will end up with thread bans. You're all clever enough to know the difference.

Also, those with any issues with posts, don't engage and further flame the unnecessary back and forth. Please use the report button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought that was a great Dynamite episode. Moxley back, maybe off the booze but still unhinged. I’m a big fan of Orange Cassidy. Show me unique in wrestling and I’ll watch and the humour isn’t lost on me. Crowd really into him as well. I would have put him and Statlander over here. I agree that Cole needs to get in a gym. He’ll look like a poodle if he ever stands next to Jade Cargill. Not a fan of the ‘inter gender’ match though. Loved the Cody promo. Thoroughly captivating. He is as good a talker as anyone and twice as smart as most of the crowd. Archer is being booked right, Kaz was great in that match. House of Black was good and the return of PAC I’m very much looking forward to. Deeb good, Punk/ MJF done right, main event solid without being amazing. 2 hrs flys by. They progressed heaps of storylines in this episode too. Not sure you could ask for too much more from a pro wrestling show.

Not the best episode unfortunately.

Really disappointed that Punk had long matches with guys like QT and Lee Moriarty but the one against Spears I was actually looking forward to was a squash.

What in the actual hell did Cody even say in that promo? He took legit stabs at Jay Lethal and Brody King for what reason exactly?

A couple of matches went too long which made the Punk squash even more disappointing. Plus no FTR match which was advertised.

In positives, Mox looks incredible and the Black/King tag team is a thing of beauty.

I thought the spears squash was great work from him, he realises (as some fans do not) that he is a career enhancement talent.
I’m not bagging him, no shame in that, not everyone can be on top.
He makes his contribution and his money.

Cody’s promo, he is a captivating talker but that was rambling.
Like a drowning man clutching for anything he can hold onto.
Trying to connect with the crowd.
Feel like he’s trying to prove a point that he can do what reigns/wwe couldn’t.
I really don’t see how he can turn it around without having a year off.

Sting has still got it.
The face of non WWE wrestling.
Even if he is a grown man going through a goth phase.

Good promo by Mox, I absolutely hate that entrance music.
Such a good segment. Shame about that one campaigner though.
This dude won’t be getting booed for a very very long time.
His music definitely has fans split but I love his music and think it really suits him.

Also I really liked Cody’s promo but I wish he’d keep the kayfabe stuff out. The guy got people cheering him which seemed like an impossible task.

Last edited:
Better show this week I thought. Didn't like Cody promo. Delivery good but rambling about all the stuff he did? I just don't see the point. The lack of focus is a waste of his talent (and he is talented). Should have been shorter and about him, Sammy and the TV title only.

Another OC v Cole match is probably too many but it can be ok if it builds tension between Cole, RD and the Bucks like I thought the match tonight would.

Lots of talk about the Cody promo.
Definitely think they are building towards a Cody “you quit and left and I built what you couldn’t” rivalry with Punk.

Plenty I liked in the promo, it did seem a bit weird and all over the place though.

His execution and delivery was excellent, he just didn’t seem to know what bullet points he was meant to hit by the sound of it.

And I agree with others, not a fan of the blatant break of Kayfabe. I get the audience that AEW mainly caters to, but still.

Is Cody vs Punk something people would want to see. Sounds like an interesting storyline you propose.

His execution and delivery was excellent, he just didn’t seem to know what bullet points he was meant to hit by the sound of it.

And I agree with others, not a fan of the blatant break of Kayfabe. I get the audience that AEW mainly caters to, but still.

Is Cody vs Punk something people would want to see. Sounds like an interesting storyline you propose.
Cody V Punk sounds great now that I think about it. I think you’ve got to expect some AEW promos will be hit and miss as they’re not scripted within an inch of their life. I’ll take that over ‘promo training 101’ which is so prevalent nowadays.

Would love that storyline, well how it plays in my head anyway.

When I saw this tweeted I thought it was going to be a statement about Mox dropping an f bomb at 8.03pm.

Not that it wasn't warranted - but I'd want to make it clear to our advertisers that we won't be making a habit of it. Standards and practices will kill you quicker than any ratings battle in wrestling because, for whatever reason, people in tv companies don't respect wrestling and are often looking for a reason to give you the bullet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I saw this tweeted I thought it was going to be a statement about Mox dropping an f bomb at 8.03pm.

Not that it wasn't warranted - but I'd want to make it clear to our advertisers that we won't be making a habit of it. Standards and practices will kill you quicker than any ratings battle in wrestling because, for whatever reason, people in tv companies don't respect wrestling and are often looking for a reason to give you the bullet.
I don’t think it’ll be an issue. It was cable, was “rated” correctly and at the right time.
Worse things on cable at that time than one f bomb.

I don’t think it’ll be an issue. It was cable, was “rated” correctly and at the right time.

That's good. Not going to pretend for a second that I understand US tv ratings/standards and practices, nor how they change for cable, so that's good if they haven't broken any of the regs.

I still don't want to see it every week. I still find swearing on mainstream wrestling quite jarring, it's usually something that's confined to indy wrestling in bars and Croation/Greek/Polish clubs.

After the amount of unneccesary weeners I've seen on my regular shows on cable/netflix this week, a casual Fbomb is more than welcome!

Also, if there was ever a time and place for it in wrestling, it would be exactly that moment, when a wrestler is returning from legit rehab (and everybody is aware) and gets heckled about their past immediately.
Wwe on the other hand would build a whole segment around the controversial f-bomb if they could, like they do when they get the greenlight to say the rare "bitch" these days

That's good. Not going to pretend for a second that I understand US tv ratings/standards and practices, nor how they change for cable, so that's good if they haven't broken any of the regs.

I still don't want to see it every week. I still find swearing on mainstream wrestling quite jarring, it's usually something that's confined to indy wrestling in bars and Croation/Greek/Polish clubs.

Maybe the F bombs should just be reserved for Jim Cornette and his podcasts!

Also maybe my work as well. The people at work would die of shock if I stopped dropping the bombs…

Rocky Romero has Covid, so Roppongi Vice vs Young Bucks tag match now changed to Trent vs Nick Jackson
It’s a shame. Loved seeing the old NJPW footage airing on AEW to help build the match. Always liked that renews rivalry stuff between wrestlers. I remember how much I looked forward to AJ vs Nakamura in WWE. Only to be let down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back