All Elite Wrestling (On FITE and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other than Cage certainly no loss with any of those guys. Do think the AEW roster is too bloated so maybe this is their ploy, give a heap of people contracts and if they haven't made something of themselves by the end let them walk.
I really don’t see Cage as a loss. I like him but let’s be real, he has the charisma of a doorknob.

I’ve said before with Cage, he needs to leave the country and go to New Japan. He might be too old for WWE, and in Impact he jobbed to Tessa Blanchard. In AEW it looks to have gone sour after sprouting anti-vax stuff and complaining publicly about not getting a push on twitter.

I’ve said before with Cage, he needs to leave the country and go to New Japan. He might be too old for WWE, and in Impact he jobbed to Tessa Blanchard. In AEW it looks to have gone sour after sprouting anti-vax stuff and complaining publicly about not getting a push on twitter.
Or go back to AAA if he can. Maybe ROH/MLW are worth a look

I really don’t see Cage as a loss. I like him but let’s be real, he has the charisma of a doorknob.

I enjoyed him with Tazz but he certainly needed that or I agree, doesn't really cut it by himself.

Cage just had a great match with ospreay

Yeah he can’t talk but that’s an easy fix he should be featured over a bunch of others that regularly get tv time on dynamite or rampage

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Quite funny that they could have given the Lights Out Match to literally anybody and they gave it to the two jokes. Will likely be a repeat of the Baker vs Rosa match anyway, which was fantastic.

The most ideal scenario is both guys being laid out and ruled a no contest but unfortunately we can't have nice things can we?

Pockets vs Adam "I've never lifted weights in my entire life" Cole is not what I think of when I think of a brutal hardcore style match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 7, 2010
La Capanna Restaurant.
AFL Club
Essendon
Lio obviously a big "what could have been". He left once and they were fine so it's not like it could be considered a big loss, but he fits the house style very well. A shame, and if, as can be presumed, Khan's dumb tweet caused it, then he has to owe this.

his missus isn’t too bad on the eye though.

Was it Harry Smith he was teaming with in NJPW as the Killer Elite Squad?

Cage never wrestled in NJPW. Archer and DBS Jr were KES. Cage wrestled a bit in NOAH just after they got sold and the NJPW/NOAH partnership came to abrupt stop and things were getting pretty rough with NOAH. TNA/NOAH had a brief stint together, NJPW at the time having not forgiven TNA for what they did during Okada's excursion, so it was it kind of the only promotion each side could work with. Cage was one of the guys who came over and he had a great match with Katsuhiko Nakajima, but then Nakajima is a pretty great wrestling as he's showing in his current title reign, which probably ranks as Cage's best match ever.

Brian Cage's twitter handle is @briancagegmsi - Get My s**t In. It's where he shines and from that perspective, having him in the mid card, getting his s**t in, doing cool stuff every few weeks would be a good fit for AEW. If he wants more, it becomes difficult, but tbf, I don't think we have any indication that's what he expects. The Taz partnership obviously went bad, with Starks getting more over even as a heel and seemingly being a better fit with Taz, but I do agree that Cage should have been pivoted elsewhere, probably into a tag team. I mean, even now, while not a kayfabe - or reality - role model I would encourage Dante Martin to look up to, you could stick him in a tag team with Martin against Hobbs/Starks and Cage would likely come out looking very good.

Orange will be fine during the lights out match. Probably getting tips from plunder king Chuck Taylor. It'll be a test of whether Adam Cole has got the NXT melodrama out of his system, particularly with Johnny Gargano looming.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
download.jpeg

Saw this picture trending on Twitter.......Jesus Christ. Adam Cole is really out here giving skinny-fat nerds hope that they can become pro wrestlers too.

Weird fascination with the body of a wrestler. He's hardly rocking the worst rig in the history of the business and is quite capable still in the ring.

I'd be interested to see what blokes that mock the likes of Cole and Jericho rock themselves.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Weird fascination with the body of a wrestler. He's hardly rocking the worst rig in the history of the business and is quite capable still in the ring.

I'd be interested to see what blokes that mock the likes of Cole and Jericho rock themselves.
It's not the worst, but for a pro wrestler his physique isn't good, at least try to look athletic you know? Nobody is saying they have to be Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley level, but at least look like you give a s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back