All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok folks. This thread has seen some heated and divisive chat that is taking discussion away from the week to week product. Going forward any WWE vs AEW related discussion should take place here. Examples of this are obviously the CM Punk, Ospreay and Triple H type stuff.

While constructive critisism is fine, repetitive opionions that have no intention of producing good faith discussion will be deleted. Repeat offenders will end up with thread bans. You're all clever enough to know the difference.

Also, those with any issues with posts, don't engage and further flame the unnecessary back and forth. Please use the report button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Santino and Eugene were over as well doesn’t mean they should pin top guys

Seems like a lost opportunity to have OC with a gimmick change (would have to be teased a little prior). Could have had the commentators really push the 'we've never seen this side of OC/this seems like an OC'.

But they had an equally cringe finish the week prior to justify a match type that had an equally cringe finish today.

Not shitting on AEW for the sake of it, it's got me back into wrestling and I enjoy it, but they really need to reign in the sub par booking.

Cole is number one contender to hangman how can you logically think he’s a threat to take the belt after he loses to that joke.

Those rankings mean Jack s**t don’t pay attention to them. I mean Andrade is ranked 4th with a 2-0 record in 2022. Pretty sure Punk got 2 wins in a week and would have 12ish wins 0 losses.

Wardlow probably got a fair chunk of wins to. Black? Sammy?

Thought it was a decent Dynamite tonight.

Great first up match with Sammy vs Rhodes. Rhodes putting Sammy through the ladder like that was quite inventive.

Tremendous story telling between Jericho and P&P you could see how pissed off Jericho was when he didn’t get that tag.

really looking forward to Punk and MJF next week, although I think somehow MJF will Weasle out of it. An excellent promo between the 2, the best thing in Wrestling right now is these 2.

Great little vignette with the house of black

Great story telling in the Layla vs Red Velvet match, with sound psychology in the match.

Britt Baker promo was Blah, but fortunately didn’t take too much time.

Im not an OC fan. he could be so much more than just a comedy character imo. How ever I can’t fault the match, it was beautifully told and very well structured. It made sense with how OC won.

out of 5 for the show I’d give it a 4.5 there were more hits than misses imo.

Loved the ladder match. Only gripe is that cutter from the top.... You can't not win a match with that type of move..... It's not just an AEW thing happens everywhere , you get an awesome move like that which looks unreal and like it would hurt like hell yet you get matches that end with Rock Bottom type moves...

Couldn't agree more with this. That move was so impressive and looked like it would've killed. Should've won it straight after that.

The Cross Rhodes while not as clean was impressive aswell which makes me wonder why the * they would do that spot with the ladder on the outside.

You've done two awesome spots why is Sammy trying to kill himself on the outside by a move we've seen a bunch of times beforehand. Makes no damn sense to me but ladder matches are hardly ever logical.

No doubt some good points but are you surprised? Sammy is seriously insane and Cody always tries to do that little bit extra in big matches ie: moonsault off of the cage and the flaming table.
They need to learn that less is more.

And why potentially kill yourself over the spot that noone is going to talk about.

I think Tony Khan really needs to decide if he wants to put on a pro wrestling product or a sports entertainment product because it's leaning alot towards the latter at the moment, especially with that joke of a main event.

If he wants to go sports entertainment then that's fine but then he's gotta stop preaching that "we are actually professional wrestling" bullshit cause it's a lie.

Seems like a lost opportunity to have OC with a gimmick change (would have to be teased a little prior). Could have had the commentators really push the 'we've never seen this side of OC/this seems like an OC'.

But they had an equally cringe finish the week prior to justify a match type that had an equally cringe finish today.

Not shitting on AEW for the sake of it, it's got me back into wrestling and I enjoy it, but they really need to reign in the sub par booking.
100% agree

Cole is number one contender to hangman how can you logically think he’s a threat to take the belt after he loses to that joke.
Cassidy is in better shape than Cole and has been predominantly used in the upper mid card of AEW with wins over the likes of Jericho. He’s a ‘character’ more than a ‘joke’ wrestler. His in ring work is generally excellent, he’s over with the crowd. I think he sells great and would be more inclined to put him with bigger guys. His match against Pac at Revolution was awesome. The same Cornette wannabes who cry ‘Pockets’, will openly applaud a wrestler spitting black paint in someone’s eyes, like that’s credible and original.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cassidy is in better shape than Cole and has been predominantly used in the upper mid card of AEW with wins over the likes of Jericho. He’s a ‘character’ more than a ‘joke’ wrestler. His in ring work is generally excellent, he’s over with the crowd. I think he sells great and would be more inclined to put him with bigger guys. His match against Pac at Revolution was awesome. The same Cornette wannabes who cry ‘Pockets’, will openly applaud a wrestler spitting black paint in someone’s eyes, like that’s credible and original.

Let me start off by saying this was one of the better Dynamites i've had the pleasure of sitting down on a Thursday night and enjoying.

Cole is one of the biggest stars they have. Despite Tony loving Cassidy and how over he is with an audience, his gimmick isn't one to be taken as a serious, credible threat to anything on a championship level. Now, this may be my own fault, but I was certain we were leading to Cole vs Page for the AEW championship at the next PPV, considering Cole started to reference the rankings in a promo a couple of weeks back and opened the show with a promo. As much as wrestling is a suspension of disbelief, if that is still indeed the way they are heading then i'll be taking Cole as a threat to Hangman about as seriously as I am Lance Archer right now.

The resolution to this was right in front of them too. They over-rotate during the final spot of the match and Cole ends up on top of Cassidy for the lucky pin. It doesn't look convincing, but he's still undefeated, despite the 'but it was non-sanctioned and doesn't count' narrative they'll run with.

Adam Cole is a much bigger talent in every way than orange Cassidy. Been featured as a top guy pretty much everywhere he’s gone and was also going to be pushed by new japan before he decided to sign with wwe instead.

Find it funny how body shape seems to matter for aew fans now about Adam Cole yet for years would critique wwe for the same bias funny s**t

OC as a performer himself is great. I think he's the representative of all AEW. 80% great, the other 20% totally unwarranted.

We're supposed to be watching simulated sports combat....I'm not sure of the logic of a guy repeatedly putting hands in his pockets on a regular basis to restrict his movement is credible. There's humour and then there's taking the piss.

Take out the stupid s**t and guys like OC are all good.

It's clear there's limited communication with the commentary team too. Probably didn't need addressing, but JR piped up at the start of the match when OC turned his back to Cole. Then with the finish, the commentators thought OC was bugging him. I think it was more a "I'm taking you with me" type finish but because OC had a blank expression on his face, the commentators had NFI.

That's not old school vs new school thing, it's just basic match scripting.

Tony Khan is great for the business in that he's built up AEW, and given an alternative for fans as well as talent. AEW being successful is crucial for the pro wrestling industry to be strong IMO. He shouldn't have anything do with booking at all.

AEW needs to find that sweet spot between rigid repetitive booking that WWE has become and the freestyle nature that the Indies are.

The Ghostbuster proton pack skit, a guy winning after copping 5+ power bombs and OCs recent stuff takes you out of what pro wrestling is.

If people still enjoy that, and more power to them. Probably won't be for me much longer. AEW wanted to go the semi serious route but they've become WWE circa mid 2000's.

And that's not even addressing the waste of Cole who's great in the ring and on the mic.

The body type comments.....just have to shake my head at.

I think Tony Khan really needs to decide if he wants to put on a pro wrestling product or a sports entertainment product because it's leaning alot towards the latter at the moment, especially with that joke of a main event.

If he wants to go sports entertainment then that's fine but then he's gotta stop preaching that "we are actually professional wrestling" bullshit cause it's a lie.

It’s all one and the same despite what some, weirdly including CM Punk, will have you believe

Really enjoyed the first half of the Dynamite this week.

I love how they open the show with the intro video. Good music and good package gets the viewer amped. Wasn’t a fan of Cody and Sammy already in the ring though.

Thoroughly enjoyed the ladder match. One of the better 1 v 1 ladder matches I’ve seen in awhile. Some pretty cool high spots. I was never a huge Sammy Guevara fan for some reason but he may have won me over after that.

Love me an old fashioned squash match. Perfect for Wardlow and I’m so high on him at the moment. Can’t wait for his inevitable turn on MJF. He’s so refreshing for a roster like AEW.

The Jericho match and angle was good. Great way of building further tension. No interest in 2point0 or Garcia. They are as generic as generic can be.

MJF and Punk segment was again the most interesting thing on the show. Further validating my view that the characters and stories are far more important than actual matches.

Second half of the show was a bit meh for me. Had zero interest in the womens match.

Britt Bakers promo didn’t do much for me and I can’t stand the cringeness of using a PWI magazine award as some sort of actual accomplishment. I guess that’s her point as a heel though so fair enough.

Adam Cole should be picking up balls at the Australian Open. I’m convinced he left WWE because Tony Kahn said he didn’t have to work out or keep in shape. I’m not sure how anyone could be convinced he’s a serious threat to any world title. Especially after losing in a hardcore type match to a comedy character.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back