All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this be what is needed to save Professional Wrestling?

The only time Vince has been any good is when there is competition.

https://lastwordonprowrestling.com/2018/11/21/all-elite-wrestling-is-it-what-we-think-it-is/

Tuesday Night Dynamite?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
To add the owner of the Jaguars dwarfs Vinces financial status.

So if he wants a crack he is more than capable.

Just needs the tv deal.

Will easily get the stars.

You honestly think that?
Talented Stars
A TV deal
An owner with allot more money than Vince.

What talent has confirmed that they are working for them so far??

What TV deals do they have in place? Not just in the US, but also world wide.

At this stage this promotion is all rumour and innuendo. There's been over a dozen wrestling companies announced and gone through varying levels of success trying to 'challenge' the WWE since WCW closed in 2001, yet none in my opinion have had a lasting effect on the WWE financially or creatively.

You honestly think that?
Talented Stars
A TV deal
An owner with allot more money than Vince.

You'd need to double the audience of ROH TNA Lucha Underground and NJPW combined and sustain it to even have a crack.
Will not happen. As much as people go on about needing an alternative no one watches the alternative. If they did NXT would be huge.
The main product is ******* putrid and has welded on viewers and makes more money than it ever has.
It ignores social mores to * over women make piss and s**t jokes and suck up to murderous regimes for cash.
If you think some new promotion will take over because it is spearheaded by the Young Bucks Cody fuking Rhodes and Kenny Omega you are deluded.
I honestly think this.

You can honestly think that.

I disagree.

With the amount of money and talent behind it.

And with some WWE stars not exactly happy.

Can see it being as big or bigger than WCW days.

Nothing delusional about that.

The amount of people who no longer watch wwe can always be won back over.

Put on a better product and the masses return.

You can honestly think that.

I disagree.

With the amount of money and talent behind it.

And with some WWE stars not exactly happy.

Can see it being as big or bigger than WCW days.

Nothing delusional about that.

The amount of people who no longer watch wwe can always be won back over.

Put on a better product and the masses return.

What talent?
What money?
You don't win back old WWE fans with Kenny Omega. No one but us rusted on idiots care.
I can understand your hopes but it will never happen.

Honestly sounds pretty exciting, love to see blokes like Balor, Gallows, Anderson etc jump ship

It's all about the TV deal, money and the product, anyone who thinks it couldnt work are delusional just look at Raw this week, I watched the highlights youtube clip and couldnt even get through that.

4 - 90 minute shows a month with a PPV every 2 months

Just thinking the stars they would start with would be

Rhodes
Jericho
Omega
Young Bucks
Briscoe Brothers
Marty Scrull
Nato
Okada
Fifita
Pentagon Jr
Neville

Would probably land people like Punk, Alberto, Barrett.

Money won't be an issue.

What talent?
What money?
You don't win back old WWE fans with Kenny Omega. No one but us rusted on idiots care.
I can understand your hopes but it will never happen.
Plenty of non wwe talent out there.
And I would say plenty of unhappy wwe talent as well.
Money? well its supposedly bankrolled by the Jaguars owner who is the 16th richest in the world.

Put on enough good shows and word of mouth and social media will build the ratings.

Providing competition is all that's needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all about the TV deal, money and the product, anyone who thinks it couldnt work are delusional just look at Raw this week, I watched the highlights youtube clip and couldnt even get through that.

How does WWE showing a poor episode of Raw this week have anything to do with this hypothetical new company. If anything a bad episode of Raw just further 'shrinks' the potential audience of Wrestling fans in general, because it's not like people can switch across from Raw to another wrestling product-- people will just switch to other forms of media that are accessible to them at the time.

Plus the roster you've mentioned is good, but will it really appeal a new audience of fans who aren't currently watching the product rather than just be something else that the current WWE, Impact, NJPW, ROH fans will watch in addition. I've done a bit of an analysis of your roster below:

Rhodes
Omega
Young Bucks
Marty Scrull
-These 5 as a collective are a great group and individually, so give you 5 'ticks' there.
Jericho -a 48 year old. Yes, he's still putting on good quality matches, but his wrestling future is short-term
Briscoe Brothers -known homophobic & racist histories that would make it difficult for them to be on a program that tries to attract mainstream viewers and not just a niche wrestling audience.
Nato & Okada - Both of these men are massive stars in Japan and have had previously had bad experiences with North American wrestling promotions, I think it'd be difficult to convince these two to leave NJPW as top stars to come to North America.
Fifita & Pentagon Jr - both currently have agreements with Lucha Underground that may or may not allow them to appear (I'm not sure how those contracts work)
Neville -I don't know if he's even interested in returning to wrestle in North America on a regular basis after his WWE experience, seems to spend most of his time in the UK.

Would probably land people like Punk
(hasn't had a Pro wrestling match in almost 5 years & is still contracted to UFC) , Alberto (has a bad reputation for no-showing events) , Barrett (a fun character, but not a strong wrestler)

Other names to potentially add Austin Aries, Enzo, Big Cass, James Ellsworth, Ryback (but all have a bad reputation in the industry).

There just isn't the quality and range of talent in the independent scene at the moment to put together a show that will not only capture the attention of the rusted on fans, but also the casual fans and those disengaged due to the past.

Compare that to the roster that TNA had in 2009-2010 when they made their 'big assault' in trying to match it with the WWE.

Top Level Talent: AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Abyss, Bobby Lashley, Christopher Daniels, Rob Van Dam
Nostalgia Acts: Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Sting, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, X-Pac Mick Foley, Booker T, Scott Steiner, Dudley Boyz,
Mid-Card:Ken Anderson, Bobby Roode, James Storm, Matt Morgan, Homicide, Alex Shelly, Chris Sabin, Jay Lethal, D'Angelo D'Ninero, Rhyno, Eric Young, Nigel McGuiness, Brutus Magnus, Doug Williams, Raven, Amazing Red, Brian Kendrick, Rob Terry, Shannon Moore

All of these guys appeared on a TNA PPV within 12 months (I did the 6 months before through to 6 months after the now 'infamous' Monday January 4th 2010 episode of Impact)

Then add to the guys that were available on the independent scene in 2009-2010 (I'm mostly using ROH talent for this example):
Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, Hideo Itami, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Chris Hero, Cesaro, Roderick Strong, Kenny King, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, Jack Evans, Teddy Hart, Colt Cabana.

If TNA couldn't push the WWE in 2009-2010 when the WWE product was stale, TNA had the above talent (especially recognisable names from the Attitude era), a TV deal with Spike where Spike was prepared to give them any time slot they wanted and Panda money... realistically, what chances does this new group have when so far the only names attached to them is The Elite, a 48-year old Chris Jericho and a Jim Ross who is well past his best and hasn't been the best commentator in the business in over a decade.

How does WWE showing a poor episode of Raw this week have anything to do with this hypothetical new company. If anything a bad episode of Raw just further 'shrinks' the potential audience of Wrestling fans in general, because it's not like people can switch across from Raw to another wrestling product-- people will just switch to other forms of media that are accessible to them at the time.

Plus the roster you've mentioned is good, but will it really appeal a new audience of fans who aren't currently watching the product rather than just be something else that the current WWE, Impact, NJPW, ROH fans will watch in addition. I've done a bit of an analysis of your roster below:

Other names to potentially add Austin Aries, Enzo, Big Cass, James Ellsworth, Ryback (but all have a bad reputation in the industry).

There just isn't the quality and range of talent in the independent scene at the moment to put together a show that will not only capture the attention of the rusted on fans, but also the casual fans and those disengaged due to the past.

Compare that to the roster that TNA had in 2009-2010 when they made their 'big assault' in trying to match it with the WWE.

Top Level Talent: AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Abyss, Bobby Lashley, Christopher Daniels, Rob Van Dam
Nostalgia Acts: Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Sting, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, X-Pac Mick Foley, Booker T, Scott Steiner, Dudley Boyz,
Mid-Card:Ken Anderson, Bobby Roode, James Storm, Matt Morgan, Homicide, Alex Shelly, Chris Sabin, Jay Lethal, D'Angelo D'Ninero, Rhyno, Eric Young, Nigel McGuiness, Brutus Magnus, Doug Williams, Raven, Amazing Red, Brian Kendrick, Rob Terry, Shannon Moore

All of these guys appeared on a TNA PPV within 12 months (I did the 6 months before through to 6 months after the now 'infamous' Monday January 4th 2010 episode of Impact)

Then add to the guys that were available on the independent scene in 2009-2010 (I'm mostly using ROH talent for this example):
Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, Hideo Itami, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Chris Hero, Cesaro, Roderick Strong, Kenny King, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, Jack Evans, Teddy Hart, Colt Cabana.

If TNA couldn't push the WWE in 2009-2010 when the WWE product was stale, TNA had the above talent (especially recognisable names from the Attitude era), a TV deal with Spike where Spike was prepared to give them any time slot they wanted and Panda money... realistically, what chances does this new group have when so far the only names attached to them is The Elite, a 48-year old Chris Jericho and a Jim Ross who is well past his best and hasn't been the best commentator in the business in over a decade.

I agree with parts but i think the wrestling scene has changed big time since 2010 it's almost cool to be an Indy mark and hate on the WWE

2010 product couldn't be as bad as the current product.

Plenty of non wwe talent out there.
And I would say plenty of unhappy wwe talent as well.
Money? well its supposedly bankrolled by the Jaguars owner who is the 16th richest in the world.

Put on enough good shows and word of mouth and social media will build the ratings.

Providing competition is all that's needed.

Competition already exists and does * all to improve WWE.

I agree with parts but i think the wrestling scene has changed big time since 2010 it's almost cool to be an Indy mark and hate on the WWE

2010 product couldn't be as bad as the current product.

The 2010 product was pretty average-- here's what happened on the November 29th 2010 Raw (the closest date Raw in 2010 to this weeks one) so you could compare for yourself:
  • A one-night 8-man King of the Ring featuring Alberto Del Rio, Daniel Bryan, John Morrison, Cody Rhodes, Ezekiel Jackson, Drew McIntyre, Sheamus & Kofi Kingston.
  • Daniel Bryan loses in the first round to Alberto Del Rio. At the time Daniel Bryan a popular young face who 'returned' to join Team WWE at SummerSlam a few months prior after being 'fired' from the Nexus. Between SummerSlam and this date Bryan wins 4 consecutive singles/triple threat matches on PPV and is the reigning US Champion.
  • Ezekiel Jackson & Drew McIntyre fight to a double count out during a first round King of the Ring match so neither of the 'big men' are made to look bad.
  • The World Tag Champions of Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater (two prominent members of the Nexus) are defeated by Mark Henry & Yoshi Tatsu of all people in under 5 minutes
  • A 6-Woman tag match featuring Natalya, Gail Kim & Melina against Maryse, Alicia Fox & Tamina
  • Due to the double count out Sheamus goes straight from this 1st round win against Kofi Kingston into a final against John Morrison (who defeated both of Cody Rhodes & Alberto Del Rio in less than 10 minutes combined)
  • Sheamus WINS the King of the Ring despite not being over with the fans, a year after he wins his first title. Sheamus was despised by the wrestling public at the time due to the perceived push only occurring because he was friends with Triple H. (this was pre NXT- 'Papa Haitch being loved by the indy fans)
  • The Main event is a TLC Match for the WWE Championship where The Miz is defending against Jerry Lawler on his 61st Birthday.

Do you still think that the current product is worse than 2010?

The 2010 product was pretty average-- here's what happened on the November 29th 2010 Raw (the closest date Raw in 2010 to this weeks one) so you could compare for yourself:
  • A one-night 8-man King of the Ring featuring Alberto Del Rio, Daniel Bryan, John Morrison, Cody Rhodes, Ezekiel Jackson, Drew McIntyre, Sheamus & Kofi Kingston.
  • Daniel Bryan loses in the first round to Alberto Del Rio. At the time Daniel Bryan a popular young face who 'returned' to join Team WWE at SummerSlam a few months prior after being 'fired' from the Nexus. Between SummerSlam and this date Bryan wins 4 consecutive singles/triple threat matches on PPV and is the reigning US Champion.
  • Ezekiel Jackson & Drew McIntyre fight to a double count out during a first round King of the Ring match so neither of the 'big men' are made to look bad.
  • The World Tag Champions of Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater (two prominent members of the Nexus) are defeated by Mark Henry & Yoshi Tatsu of all people in under 5 minutes
  • A 6-Woman tag match featuring Natalya, Gail Kim & Melina against Maryse, Alicia Fox & Tamina
  • Due to the double count out Sheamus goes straight from this 1st round win against Kofi Kingston into a final against John Morrison (who defeated both of Cody Rhodes & Alberto Del Rio in less than 10 minutes combined)
  • Sheamus WINS the King of the Ring despite not being over with the fans, a year after he wins his first title. Sheamus was despised by the wrestling public at the time due to the perceived push only occurring because he was friends with Triple H. (this was pre NXT- 'Papa Haitch being loved by the indy fans)
  • The Main event is a TLC Match for the WWE Championship where The Miz is defending against Jerry Lawler on his 61st Birthday.

Bit early to start posting All Elite PPV spoilers.

Maybe not worse but it isnt better, with the current talent on the WWE roster we shouldnt be getting the crap we do weekly.

I think AEW can be successful doesnt need to defeat the WWE to be something people will watch.

Honestly sounds pretty exciting, love to see blokes like Balor, Gallows, Anderson etc jump ship

4 - 90 minute shows a month with a PPV every 2 months

Rhodes
Jericho
Omega
Young Bucks
Briscoe Brothers
Marty Scrull
Nato
Okada
Fifita
Pentagon Jr
Neville

Would probably land people like Punk, Alberto, Barrett.

Money won't be an issue.

1 hour weekly show and 2-4 PPVs a year would be a good starting point.

Could this be what is needed to save Professional Wrestling?

There isn't anything wrong with professional wrestling at all. The WWE are just in an obvious slump with customer satisfaction and consistent weekly content. Ratings are down but they are profiting with the network so they don't really care.
Also, I listen to a wide variety of wrestling podcasts and the majority of ex-stars mention how right now is one of the best times in history to be both a fan and a wrestler. You don't just need the big companies to make money anymore and the quality in the indie scene is at an all time high. Just need to look in the right places.

Jim Ross' involvement could be the difference. If they promote it as semi-serious (ala Mid-South or Mid-Atlantic), they could potentially attract the audience that has been lost (eg people like me).

There isn't anything wrong with professional wrestling at all. The WWE are just in an obvious slump with customer satisfaction and consistent weekly content. Ratings are down but they are profiting with the network so they don't really care.
Also, I listen to a wide variety of wrestling podcasts and the majority of ex-stars mention how right now is one of the best times in history to be both a fan and a wrestler. You don't just need the big companies to make money anymore and the quality in the indie scene is at an all time high. Just need to look in the right places.
"The only thing that can save professional wrestling" ??? WTF . Did we not see All In, Dominion, Impact getting their biz sorted ? The rise of Omega,
some decent AF NXT matches and cards. Even good WWE feuds and shining lights amongst the trash we get served. Becky, Rhonda and the Evolution.
I´d say the underground is getting restless. The fans are getting choices. I wanna see Keith Lee, The King of Bros, Velveteen Dream, Jericho, Ospreay, Niki Cross, Toni Storm, Cage, Sami, Pentagon and I´m getting it. I agree withu . It´s happening.

Disagree with that, I think things have taken a big nose dive even within the last year or two. WWE's sign everyone policy is beginning to really take it's toll. British indie scene might in a world of hurt with the latest restrictions on all NXT contracted talent. I stopped really caring about anything WWE around 15 years ago and starting following everything else, and at the moment is the first time I've felt the American indies are getting a bit thin.

As far as the All Elite Promotion I'm pretty skeptical because I think NXT has positioned themselves pretty well as the WWE alternative, and that's who AEW will compete with. NXT are basically peak ROH but 10 years later with huge production and the ability to hire anybody they want. I also think every single indie company for the last decade plus has been given a leg up by WWE main roster being a largely horrible television show, and when Vince dies a small tweak towards respecting story and character, and not treating their audience like idiots, and to a lesser extent less disgraceful business practices might send less people looking for alternatives. I don't mean to be so cynical but I just don't think wrestling is popular enough to have another rival burger joint compete with McDonalds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back