All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shame Blood and Guts went the way of the Exploding Barbed Wire match, by being a good match with an embarrassing ending.

Why? Because a 50 year old landed on crash pads?
WWE do it all the time, and for younger wrestlers.

If he hadn’t then people would whinge that it was a “sloppyshop”.

Nothing like the stuff up with the explosions.

Can't comment on the match quality as haven't watched but seen highlights on social media and read the results. Bit all over the shop again with some of the results and IMO wrong people going over like Cody again...... Not sure about Darby's next challenger and out of the two who face off next week to see who faces Omega for the belt next surely the result is a given without spoiling it for those who haven't watched. If the other option gets up and gets the shop it would be mind boggling when you have Brian Cage and Archer doing FA.

Another great and entertaining episode of Dynamite. :thumbsu:

Great main event, the first half was better than the second but having Pinnacle win via surrender made sense. Camera work could do with improving but of course Jericho is going to land on crash padding, just like Rikishi did over 20 years from pretty much the same height. Some people will find anything to complain about, I suppose...

LOL at the comparisons with the ending of Revolution. Let me guess, this will be the end of AEW just like the dud final explosion was supposed to be the end of AEW a few months ago? 🤣🤣🤣

Why? Because a 50 year old landed on crash pads?
WWE do it all the time, and for younger wrestlers.

If he hadn’t then people would whinge that it was a “sloppyshop”.

Nothing like the stuff up with the explosions.
Havent seen it but have read about the spot. Dont like it in wwe dont like it here people don't need to come off cages its stupid. And boring because it's been done too much just like jumping off ladders.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ive seen the finish now and that is horrendously bad, why would Sammy or the Inner Circle call off the match for Jericho taking a bump onto some cardboard and foam mats? The camera angle of it just makes it look lame and weak, it probably wouldn't be as bad if they just lost the match by pinfall or submission then the cage spot happens or if you didnt get to see what he landed on.

At least go through a table or some production kit thats rigged or something, the fake "steel" looked so bad when broken and you can clearly see its not.

Last edited:
It was after they had already lost so unconcerned.
Not sure what that means me personally I'm over all those spots we've seen them all they are just eh now. Ypure not going to better Foley in 98 or Jeff at wm 17. Needs to be stopped for a while then maybe it can get the shock factor back.

Ive seen the finish now and that is horrendously bad, why would Sammy or the Inner Circle call off the match for Jericho taking a bump onto some cardboard and foam mats?

FFS have a think for a change. Sammy called it off because MJF was threatening to hurl Jericho off the top of the cage and wanted to save him. Pretty simple and a good out and way for the face team to lose without looking weak and MJF to look like a sadistic arsehole. Yes should have been more careful not to make the crashpad so obvious when eventually shoved off anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS have a think for a change. Sammy called it off because MJF was threatening to hurl Jericho off the top of the cage and wanted to save him. Pretty simple and a good out and way for the face team to lose without looking weak and MJF to look like a sadistic arsehole. Yes should have been more careful not to make the crashpad so obvious when eventually shoved off anyway.

I said it wouldn't have been as bad for the finish if you didn't end up seeing what Jericho fell onto. The fact that he fell onto cardboard and a matt makes the finish look weak as piss.

The camera angles AEW use have not improved since they started. Still constantly seeing stuff that'd obviously rather hide like jericho pulling the blade out from his wristband and that ending. They do a lot right, but some simple stuff really badly.

The camera angles AEW use have not improved since they started. Still constantly seeing stuff that'd obviously rather hide like jericho pulling the blade out from his wristband and that ending. They do a lot right, but some simple stuff really badly.

Yep obvious the spot where he pulls the blade out and calling spots in the match. The finish of that match is ruined by the camera angle and who's genuis idea is it to have that safety fall made to look like steel? Steel like that doesn't smash in half and bend up like that, poor choice they could have had something similar to Rikishi like the hay or something else similar maybe?

2 lines stuck out to me.

Max Caster to Brian Pillman Jr "In 10 years, you'll be on Dark Side of the Ring".

Miro to Darby "The man who doesn't mind dying meets the man who doesn't mind killing him".

IMO wrong people going over like Cody again......
I reckon Cody needs to turn heel. No matter where he is put on the card, or even if he's not booked, people for whatever reason hate him.

Might as well make use of it.

I reckon Cody needs to turn heel. No matter where he is put on the card, or even if he's not booked, people for whatever reason hate him.

Might as well make use of it.
He said he's never turning. Lets see if he keeps his word

He said he's never turning. Lets see if he keeps his word

He's really limiting himself being a guy that can never turn heel and never fight for a world title.

I don't see why he needed the win, they have very little star power but they need to use that star power to elevate the other guys. If QT Marshall is the leader of his faction why did Cody go straight through him, couldn't he have worked his way up the faction?

AEW do a lot of good stuff and I love that they are making factions apart of wrestling again but they do some dumb s**t in regards to finishes and who goes over.

I don't see why he needed the win, they have very little star power but they need to use that star power to elevate the other guys. If QT Marshall is the leader of his faction why did Cody go straight through him, couldn't he have worked his way up the faction?

AEW do a lot of good stuff and I love that they are making factions apart of wrestling again but they do some dumb sh*t in regards to finishes and who goes over.

Leader or not Cody should not be putting over QT Marshall. What would the point of that be? What is QT's ceiling? The guy who laid Cody out immediately after? Now he's worth putting over and probably will be. Was not dumb at all.

Leader or not Cody should not be putting over QT Marshall. What would the point of that be? What is QT's ceiling? The guy who laid Cody out immediately after? Now he's worth putting over and probably will be. Was not dumb at all.
If he has hit his ceiling then the whole angle was pointless then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back