All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive always thought with factions like the NWO, Ministry of Darkness etc that the guy's like Goldberg & Austin for example had to go through most of the faction before they got to the leader like I am pretty sure Goldberg went through Buff, Norton then worked up to Henning and Macho and finally got Hogan, and correct me if I am wrong but Austin had a lot of hurdles before he got to Taker/Vince in that angle. It seems odd that Cody would go up straight away vs QT as the leader, perhaps could have worked his way up a bit or at the very least given QT the win but with interference.

Ive always thought with factions like the NWO, Ministry of Darkness etc that the guy's like Goldberg & Austin for example had to go through most of the faction before they got to the leader like I am pretty sure Goldberg went through Buff, Norton then worked up to Henning and Macho and finally got Hogan, and correct me if I am wrong but Austin had a lot of hurdles before he got to Taker/Vince in that angle. It seems odd that Cody would go up straight away vs QT as the leader, perhaps could have worked his way up a bit or at the very least given QT the win but with interference.
Yeah that's how they got over as big as they did. Wouldn't work in the cody role unless it was reversed and cody was the leader and whoever was trying to get over was trying to get to him. Qt Marshall as much as I like him isn't a big star.

Even at the start QT said something along the lines you get to go home to your wife i dont blah blah blah. Cody dosent bring up how he was flirting with bunny in the crowd not all that long ago first thing g I would of brought up if that was so important to QT.

Maybe just me though

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Wow that final match was amazing. The build up was absolutely epic and it gave it such a big match feel. I like how they ended the match but not so about throwing Jericho off the cage. I mean they changed the camera angle just to show us what’s about to happen. It was always going to be a soft landing so why bother? Could’ve easily done it with the arm breaker instead. Can’t say it ruined it for me though.

As for Cody going over QT. I’m absolutely fine with it. QT is fine in his role as the leader of the factory but he shouldn’t be beating Cody. I feel they’re building towards Ogogo vs Cody which will be the perfect time to put Ogogo over. Making Cody lose to QT then to Ogogo wouldn’t be as impactful.

I’m pretty keen not to see OC vs Omega at a PPV but we know it’s happening. I like OC but he’s not a main event guy. Omega is the best wrestler in the world so he shouldn’t be headlining ppvs with a comedy guy.

Wow are they really doing Orange vs Kenny.

thank god i dont watch this garbage any more.

Sick input bromigo. 👍🏻

Commenting on something you don’t watch is the equivalent of me going on the Keeping up with the Kardashians Reddit and telling everyone on there that the show sucks.

Last edited:
Wow are they really doing Orange vs Kenny.

thank god i dont watch this garbage any more.
giphy.gif

Blood and guts wasn't for me, for a couple of reasons.

- These kinds of matches are hard, even more so when its really only focussed on 2 guys. The whole final segment was the 2 guys on the top - we didn't even get a shot of what was happening in the ring. Which made everything that was happening in the ring completely unimportant.

- I don't reckon you can promote a match type for a year and have such a weak "surrender" ending. It needs something more definitive than that. Who cares if Jericho takes a pin?

- The camera angle of the landing was just so awful. And while most people would say it was made worse by showing it repeatedly, from a production perspective I'd say the birds eye shot is what makes it so bad, cos the birds eye shot looks great. It's the only one we should've seen. The whole angle works if that's the only shot we see. Their production across so many aspects is lacking.

I don't know if Stadium Stampede is an apt comparison, but in terms of storyline and fun this was know Stadium Stampede.

Eddie & Mox v Kenny & Nakazawa.

Not a bad tag, ref was garbage though. Not counting. Should of made it a tornado tag (mentioned by JR)

Cody v QT

Actually enjoying the story. Cody was always going over but they got their heat back with the gut punch. Cody had to get colour lol

Britt v Julia Hart

A squash, neither here nor there.

SCU v Jurassic Express v Acclaimed v Blondes

As good as a 4 team could be really. SCU was never losing, acclaimed had a fun rap, Pullman wore trunks for his dad.

Miros promo was great, he has been great for the last 5 weeks

Will be interesting who wins between PAC and OC. Though the way the promo went can see it’ll be the OC.

Blood & Guts

A great violent match. Everything could of hoped for. Right winners.

Was a good finish for the baby faces.
I do not get the whinging about the boxes. WWE do it, TNA do it, AEW do it and he is 50.

Was a good finish for the baby faces.
I do not get the whinging about the boxes. WWE do it, TNA do it, AEW do it and he is 50.

The babyfaces look like morons.

And I'm not sure anyone is complaining about the use of a crash mat - the complaint is how they completely ruined the ending by making it look as hokey as it possibly could've.

The Adam Cole (bay bay) and Kyle O'Reilly match just showed us how you do it a month ago - you have a guy take a drop through the gimmicked stage and then a further 1 metre drop so you can't see the crash pad.

No one who cares about wrestler safety is complaining about them using mats, but you can choose to shoot things however you want, and this was terribly shot and directed.

The drop is inexcusable it’s as bad as the money in the bank where Black and Rey went off the edge.

It would have been fine if they didn’t show what he fell on or at least made it some gimmicked stage set or announce table etc. They got it wrong trying to make it look like the type of steel used for ramp ways and steel steps. It broke in half with the cardboard showing. Steel doesn’t break like that with a human body. It’s left a sour taste in the mouth to the end of what was a great match.

Why would you give up for your team when someone is falling onto a landing matt. This is twice they have really messed up big finishes. I think they are trying to hard.

The babyfaces look like morons.

No they don’t

And I'm not sure anyone is complaining about the use of a crash mat - the complaint is how they completely ruined the ending by making it look as hokey as it possibly could've.

Theres plenty of complaining.

The Adam Cole (bay bay) and Kyle O'Reilly match just showed us how you do it a month ago - you have a guy take a drop through the gimmicked stage and then a further 1 metre drop so you can't see the crash pad.

No one who cares about wrestler safety is complaining about them using mats, but you can choose to shoot things however you want, and this was terribly shot and directed.
In your, and some others, opinion. Plenty are fine with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that finish was WWE people would be losing their minds and slamming it and there’s no denying that, hell if that happened on any WWE show I’d slam it to.

If that finish was WWE people would be losing their minds and slamming it and there’s no denying that, hell if that happened on any WWE show I’d slam it to.

I doubt that. AEW seems to get picked apart a lot more than WWE. People accept mediocrity in WWE because thats what’s been served up for so long. In saying all that AEW talked a big game so they deserve to be graded harsher.

I doubt that. AEW seems to get picked apart a lot more than WWE. People accept mediocrity in WWE because thats what’s been served up for so long. In saying all that AEW talked a big game so they deserve to be graded harsher.

You read a PPV thread recently? You seen anyone talk about the Fiend, or about the IIconics (before and after their firing), or Charlotte Flair?

This wreaks of preciousness, people whack WWE constantly as well.

You read a PPV thread recently? You seen anyone talk about the Fiend, or about the IIconics (before and after their firing), or Charlotte Flair?

This wreaks of preciousness, people whack WWE constantly as well.

My comment wreaks of preciousness? Did I say no one whacks WWE?

You legit just said this

“We really need a mark-free thread where we can critically discuss stuff without getting idiotic, defensive mark replies that do nothing to contribute to the discussion.”

Seems like you’re part of the problem.

My comment wreaks of preciousness? Did I say no one whacks WWE?

You legit just said this

“We really need a mark-free thread where we can critically discuss stuff without getting idiotic, defensive mark replies that do nothing to contribute to the discussion.”

Seems like you’re part of the problem.

Yeah, if you've never seen me in a WWE thread.

I'll get my nitpick (about Blood & Guts) out of the way: MJF climbs to the top of the cage. just leave him there, you have a 5 on 4 advantage in the ring.

they had to do something of note to write Jericho out, if he's going on tour again. Plus it sets up Sammy trying to get revenge on MJF, and holds off the Jericho-MJF match (for the next PPV after DoN?)

not really feeling the options of Omega vs PAC (although obviously it would be a great match) or Omega vs Orange Cassidy.

The precious people in here are the ones that can’t have a normal conversation without taking it personally that someone has a different opinion to theirs. See above...

No mate, precious is rushing to quote/reply anyone who says anything negative about a hokey AF finish that we would've rightfully dragged if it'd happened in WWE. And not even making a point other than false WWE-"whataboutism".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back