All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEW doesn’t like to do segments as the main event. They prefer to put on a match.They should have made an exception for this though and did the Kenny / Bryan segment as the main event. Would have been a cool way to end the show

I was thinking after the show, how much I appreciate that the first and last segments are always matches. It makes sense because we should be watching an actual sports show where mayhem occurs from time to time to disrupt the show. It kinda doesn't make sense to have an interview segment last given that context.

I just think top of the second hour makes more sense.

So instead of getting Danielson vs Omega with months of build up and a good story to it, we're getting it 3 weeks after Danielson debuts with a story that for the bulk of it is "You're a coward and you've lost a step." What the hell?? You're giving this away so soon? Come on now. People will pay money to see this match and you're giving it up for free.

I know they're doing it to pop a rating but come on.

So instead of getting Danielson vs Omega with months of build up and a good story to it, we're getting it 3 weeks after Danielson debuts with a story that for the bulk of it is "You're a coward and you've lost a step." What the hell?? You're giving this away so soon? Come on now. People will pay money to see this match and you're giving it up for free.

If you’re finding negatives about getting Omega vs Danielson then I feel sorry for you.

Nothing to do with ratings, this big non-title match is due to this.

1mil gate and biggest crowd in AEW history. WCW never was able to pull off a 1mil gate, the Goldberg/Hogan Nitro was the closest to getting it.

Lol - Dumbest thing I’ve ever read

I agree with doing it now. People have been wanting this match for a long time. It‘s probably going to set Danielson up to challenge for the title later on at a PPV. Danielson has to establish his win/loss record to legitimately challenge for the title first. It’s no different to FTR battling the Young Bucks when they first came into the company.

My only concern for the match, is going to be the time of the match and how much will be interrupted by ad breaks. This match should be, where at the end most people are wanting to see more matches between the 2.

Dynamite beat Raw again(just) in the demo by the looks of it.

Who beats Big E for the title next week haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not for the title, I don't see a problem with it. Danielson wants the best.

Very very enjoyable episode.
- Punk was great on commentary, JR had a good night, Excalibur & Schiavone good as always lately.
- Cole vs Kaz was a great match.
- MJF is the best true heel in the business.
- Pillman Jnr needs work but there is something there.
- Nice promo by Christian & Jungle Boy
- FTR is brilliant.
- Dante is a future superstar
- Archer and Suzuki promo was good. A good way to turn a stuff up into a story, AEW are good at that.
- the Black/Rhodes feud stepped up and looks cool, though Rhodes has to lose surely next week.
- Hangman is the only one who can save Dark Order. Or is he? 🤔
- Jericho’s and Lamberts promo was juvenile 90s rubbish. Could definitely do without it. Wanted someone to come out and beat them all up.
- Actually interested in where the Gunn Club goes, though reckon they will be destroyed.
- They still aren’t showing the women’s division any respect. With the talent they now have there should be 2 women’s matches minimum in a 2hr show.
- On saying that the 1 match we got was good. Jade is getting better and better each time she steps in and Hirsch is another very talented wrestler who is different.
- Andrade is getting more interesting each weeks but needs more matches. 2 Now?
- Punk vs Team Taz gives plenty of great matches against talent. Hook will be a star.
- Darby vs Spears and follow up. Good match.
- Danielson vs Omega is about to happen. And they handled the whole wins matters by making it not for the title on the line, also means anything can happen. Never thought I would see this.

crowd was really really hot.

Cody should really lose here. Black needs to be undeafted for a little bit before he takes a loss. Black should be hunting the championship in the next 6 months. Long term plan should be Black vs Page for next years All Out.

Lambert's great, and while I love Jericho, I really could've done without the gay joke - a whole heap of that s**t was a key part of why I stopped watching almost twenty years ago, and I've enjoyed it's not a thing anymore.

Otherwise, good hype for next week and basically felt like a PPV go-home show. I'm kind of worried it's too stacked next week and whether these things will all get the time they need, particularly Danielson/Omega. Hyped!

Lambert's great, and while I love Jericho, I really could've done without the gay joke - a whole heap of that sh*t was a key part of why I stopped watching almost twenty years ago, and I've enjoyed it's not a thing anymore.

Otherwise, good hype for next week and basically felt like a PPV go-home show. I'm kind of worried it's too stacked next week and whether these things will all get the time they need, particularly Danielson/Omega. Hyped!

Hopefully there are less or very minimal promos or backstage stuff unrelated to the matches and more time for the actual matches. A PPV like show

Cody should really lose here. Black needs to be undeafted for a little bit before he takes a loss. Black should be hunting the championship in the next 6 months. Long term plan should be Black vs Page for next years All Out.

Cody should lose in a more competitive match. But we know he won’t. This is setup for the returning babayface win. The crowd reaction for this will be very interesting

Cody should lose in a more competitive match. But we know he won’t. This is setup for the returning babayface win. The crowd reaction for this will be very interesting

It would totally be the wrong choice IMO. If Cody wins, it’s going to have the HHH/Cena wins buriel feel to it. I’m hoping that both Tony and Cody realise that Cody can afford a loss. At this moment in time a loss to Black will hurt him a lot. I class Black on the same level as Hangman Page, MJF, Darby Allin where they are the second tier from the main event scene. A win for Black will put him closer to that bracket, a loss will demote him, where it could take 12 months to rebuild him back up.

I have fears that you are correct, that Cody will get his baby face win. It’s the wrong call though as I think it will back fire.

Tony Khan has said numerous times that TV is way above PPV's in terms of importance for AEW and Dynamite is their biggest money maker.

So why wouldn't AEW put on a literal dream match on at their biggest attended Dynamite ever?
I just hate matches without proper build-up, 3 weeks isn't enough time to build a match. I get wrestling fans have the mentality these days of "I need everything right now" but they'd absolutely benefit more long term by giving it a proper build.

I just hate matches without proper build-up, 3 weeks isn't enough time to build a match. I get wrestling fans have the mentality these days of "I need everything right now" but they'd absolutely benefit more long term by giving it a proper build.
It can be enough, and has been in my opinion, but there’s also the unspoken build by the fans over the years of the “dream match”.
I think they’ve handled this very well considering the fans want and the companies ideals around title shots.

1) AEW is coming off the two most talked about events in their history and their biggest ever show just around the corner with their second biggest signing main eventing in a dream match with their world champion in a match people have been clamouring for almost 10 years now. And you think it needs more build?

2) So everything to do with Hangman, Darby, MJF, JB, The Elite, Cody, Dark Order and Britt has been short term booking with no long term build? If there's a wrestling company that can't be accused of hot shotting s**t right now it's AEW.

Seriously, it's Omega V Bryan. In their biggest ever Dynamite. After the biggest PPV in AEW history. Why the * do people need long term storytelling for that?

It would totally be the wrong choice IMO. If Cody wins, it’s going to have the HHH/Cena wins buriel feel to it. I’m hoping that both Tony and Cody realise that Cody can afford a loss. At this moment in time a loss to Black will hurt him a lot. I class Black on the same level as Hangman Page, MJF, Darby Allin where they are the second tier from the main event scene. A win for Black will put him closer to that bracket, a loss will demote him, where it could take 12 months to rebuild him back up.

I have fears that you are correct, that Cody will get his baby face win. It’s the wrong call though as I think it will back fire.

Only reason Cody winning would be the right move is if a double turn happens and Malakai turns face with Cody turning heel otherwise it'd genuinely be s**t house to see a guy as hot as Black already lose this early into his run in AEW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back