All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only reason Cody winning would be the right move is if a double turn happens and Malakai turns face with Cody turning heel otherwise it'd genuinely be sh*t house to see a guy as hot as Black already lose this early into his run in AEW.

Feels like Cody needs a bit of a refresh so a heel turn might be good.

Booking wise I don’t know how you pull this off. Cody uses a chair or cheats to win? Black the attacks after the fact?

I feel it’s going to be Black cheating to win with the help of Buddy Murphy. Keeps black undefeated but protects Cody.

What do people think about a time limit draw?
Don't care for them. I know Jim Ross loves them, because you can use the clock to have a heated last minute or so, trying to scramble to get a pin.

Time limit draws are great. Regal's TV title Reign in early 90s WCW were brilliant at using the clock as part of the intrigue in the match.

I said the other week, I'd like them to be more consistent when counting down the timers
You just gotta hope it's not like an old school ROH crowd, they'd always chant "5 more minutes!" and it doesn't happen.

I just hate matches without proper build-up, 3 weeks isn't enough time to build a match. I get wrestling fans have the mentality these days of "I need everything right now" but they'd absolutely benefit more long term by giving it a proper build.

If it wasn't for an 18,000 plus crowd stadium show it wouldn't be happening. Is virtually a PPV next week over Dynamite and Rampage. Bryan most likely winning will earn his title match at Full Gear.

If it wasn't for an 18,000 plus crowd stadium show it wouldn't be happening. Is virtually a PPV next week over Dynamite and Rampage. Bryan most likely winning will earn his title match at Full Gear.
Nah. Still think they are going with Hangman at full gear.
I can't see them giving Danielson a title shot this early.

Look at what Christian did. He showed up in March. Had has eyes set on the AEW World Title, but admitted he needed to rack up some wins first.

He then spent the next 6 months winning every match he was in, (apart from a battle royal that jungle boy won), before facing and losing to Omega 2 weeks ago at All Out.

Hmm never thought of that.
You can’t have the champion lose and you can’t have Danielson lose his first match. When I say “can’t” I mean you can but it’s not ideal.

Generally not but I think you can here for someone the level of Bryan and it allows him to request a title match at some point.

It has the risk of falling flat if you book a draw. Need a big angle or return (Hangman) to pick the crowd back up if you go down that path.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only reason Cody winning would be the right move is if a double turn happens and Malakai turns face with Cody turning heel otherwise it'd genuinely be sh*t house to see a guy as hot as Black already lose this early into his run in AEW.

even then it would feel wrong. The anti AEW brigade would have a legitimate complaint if Cody wins.

Don't care for them. I know Jim Ross loves them, because you can use the clock to have a heated last minute or so, trying to scramble to get a pin.

I think that if used wisely they can be good. It’s like count outs, they can add drama and tension, but once again if it’s used too often, it becomes stale. It’s my only real gripe with AEW is the lack of consistency with the officiating. It is an area that needs improvement.

I can't see them giving Danielson a title shot this early.

Look at what Christian did. He showed up in March. Had has eyes set on the AEW World Title, but admitted he needed to rack up some wins first.

He then spent the next 6 months winning every match he was in, (apart from a battle royal that jungle boy won), before facing and losing to Omega 2 weeks ago at All Out.

That is one thing they have done consistently. They don’t give away random title shots. In order for a title shot you have to earn it. So I can’t see either Punk or Danielson getting a shot for at least another 6 months.

Which is a lot better than just giving title shots to who ever rocks up and demands it.

Reckon it's smart when you're trying to build an audience in the early days that you're giving more access for people to see the match.

Enjoyed Dynamite, although I wish they would ease up on the side jokes/convo. Even Punk had to say to Tony "let's discuss off air".

They've gotten the Indy fans on board, but they just need to smooth some of the rough edges before they get bigger.

I feel it’s going to be Black cheating to win with the help of Buddy Murphy. Keeps black undefeated but protects Cody.

Don't make me start anticipating stuff that probably won't happen!

Would be interesting for Buddy Mathews to play a similar character to his Rollins flock gimmick. At least you know AEW would give us a proper pay off as opposed to a make out session with a Mysterio and a Smackdown TV match that i'm pretty sure wasn't even the main event.

The story is "these are the best 2 wrestlers in the world, let's find out who's better."

That story doesn't change given a 3 week build or a 3 month build.

(I doubt we're getting a conclusive ending anyway.)

Wait a minute aren’t Jericho and Punk the best in the world to 😜

Pretty good EP

Jericho’s promo in return to Lambert was cringeworthy.

Pretty good matches across the board , Spears is underrated.

Enjoyed what they did and the way they are going with punk.

Baffled by Archer though one week he’s a face next week he’s a heel next week he’s a face. Booked s**t house for someone that should be in the top 2 or 3 heels of the company.

Jericho is still a complete moron on commentary. Would love for them to just have a two man booth.

First match was really good, a bit too much ignoring the refs at the end but it was okay.

Hardy beating up a fan was so fake. Security should've jumped on it and protected him immediately. Hardy should be fined or suspended but I bet that won't happen.

As an aside, Team Taz should be fined and punished for putting a commentator through a table. I was thinking that being banned from title shots for a couple months would be a good punishment that would get fans to care.

I wish Tony would somewhat interview or control the segment if he's hosting the face off. I thought it was pretty good, I just rolled my eyes when there were digs about who people were sleeping with. That seems like women's wrestling twenty years ago. The brawl looked very shitty too.

It was a good main event. I love the way Miro fights, he makes everything look very real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back