All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing wrong with winning a tournament. It’s a story and it’s a way of getting a shot that makes sense.

as I said the rankings aren’t perfect but they are better than the alternative of just showing up and getting a shot.

they do have title shots with the mod card with open challenges thrown in as well.

Nothing is more cringe, then some one rocking up and pointing at the wrestlemania sign

Is anybody bothered by Jay Lethals signing to AEW and showcase in this weeks main event?

The WhatCulture was absolutely scathing.

Personally I had no issue. Many have been blacklisted for indiscretions in the past few years. Lethal hasn't just survived, he's ascended to a new height in his career. They would have to know more than we do about his allegations to be making such a huge deal out of his signing and debut?

Im not too sure of the allegations… His time in ROH and TNA were brilliant though. Loved him doing his Randy Savage gimmick.

Think it’s a great signing tbh

Also, can we please get Bryan cutting those promos every ******* week? When he actually puts in work with his promos and character development instead of just repeating "I'm gonna kick your head in" every single week, he's amazing. Come on Bryan, lean into your promos, cut more of them, keep developing that character, you know you want to.

-Probably an unpopular opinion here but I thought the Danielson heel turn was pretty lazy booking.

Don't get me wrong I loved the promo and how he went about the match straight after (although I would've booked more of a squash to get more heat on him) and I'm not against him turning heel but for him to be arguably the biggest babyface in company after all these months and then all of sudden he's an a-hole without any build or moment to make it happen for it to make sense was lazy to me creatively.

I just feel they didn't capitalise on what could've been a big moment that would have people talking.

- I don't get the love for Orange Cassidy, I just simply can't take him seriously as a competitor especially with his hands in his pockets crap that he does in matches.

- Malaki Black was one of the most intriguing characters AEW had going but I feel all of his momentum has been lost since that loss to Cody and him "teaming" up with Andrade.

- I'm excited about the Punk/MJF program, I think the promos alone will be fantastic viewing and I can't wait.

- The promo at the start of the show with the Elite did enough to keep me interested in seeing how that break up goes. As someone mentioned earlier, that subtle remark about Omega not rewatching the match yet was great.

- I love Eddie Kingston, you just can't help but love his character.

- Overall it was an okay Dynamite after I pretty good Full Gear PPV, I think the things that annoyed me on the show in the first hour probably hindered my thoughts on the rest of the show.

- Malaki Black was one of the most intriguing characters AEW had going but I feel all of his momentum has been lost since that loss to Cody and him "teaming" up with Andrade.

Black needs to move away from the Codyverse part of AEW. The feud has been going on for way too long now.

Well I can't wait to hear what Cornette has to say about Rampage after Punk used his method of saying 'Comoratto... Solo... Agogo'.

Also not sure who on here actually listens to Corny's reviews (I love AEW but still find them hilarious) but Brian Last said Darby vs MJF was the best PPV opener he's seen since Bret vs Owen which he was in attendance for.

Probably an unpopular opinion here but I thought the Danielson heel turn was pretty lazy booking.

Yea I have thought this too. I don't know that it's lazy. Bryan is obviously talented enough to be an excellent heel for this but I wonder about the wisdom in turning one of the biggest and most effective baby faces pro wrestling has had in the last 15 years. Is it THAT much better to have MD in this spot than Miro that it was worth doing this? I guess it's not as much of a rub for Page to beat Miro as it is for him to defend against BD though.

Yea I have thought this too. I don't know that it's lazy. Bryan is obviously talented enough to be an excellent heel for this but I wonder about the wisdom in turning one of the biggest and most effective baby faces pro wrestling has had in the last 15 years. Is it THAT much better to have MD in this spot than Miro that it was worth doing this? I guess it's not as much of a rub for Page to beat Miro as it is for him to defend against BD though.

I think they were forced into it a little bit. This was meant to Moxley turning heel IMO. Kenny is injured and taking a few months off. The only other big name (aside from Miro) heel they could push to the front is Adam Cole but his current story is nowhere near that point yet.

Danielson could literally have a 3 month heel run, lose to Hangman at Revolution then turn mega babyface again the night after if necessary. He's that good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the fact they are running with BD and hangman it makes complete sense to turn heel ... worst thing you can do for someone’s character is let them get booed as a baby face which what would have happened given how hot the crowd is for hangman

I really didn’t think Bryan was behaving like a face anyway.

Also once he loses to Hangman a simple handshake at the end will get the crowd cheering him anyway.

No he wasn't. His first backstage interview at All Out he said his here to kick heads in and not help the young guys. Hardly a baby face attitude. All he did was turn it up a notch this week.

No he wasn't. His first backstage interview at All Out he said his here to kick heads in and not help the young guys. Hardly a baby face attitude. All he did was turn it up a notch this week.

OK CJPerry'sHusband

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back