All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calls out someone for personal attacks and proceeds to call them “super fans” and “fan bois” Riiiight.

Can we please focus on the content of the wrestling rather than throwing around personal attacks.

As I've said multiple times in the past month, this thread is at it's best when AEW is the focus.

I don't think that suggesting a reference to a match from 27 year ago probably missed the mark with most of the "key" audience AEW is looking for is worthy of a personal attack.

Anyone else worried about Britt Baker joining the boyfriend and the Super Indies?

They've got a good thing going with her at the moment, hope that doesn't get ruined with the association of the Bucks and Co.

Anyone else worried about Britt Baker joining the boyfriend and the Super Indies?

They've got a good thing going with her at the moment, hope that doesn't get ruined with the association of the Bucks and Co.

I’m more worried about the fact Adam Cole actually looks like he’d get beat up by Kris Statlander

9d3c0bd660bc35ab37305b2a9e70bd8d.jpg

Yeah I’d like to keep them separate as well. The Supercliq storyline is great as is whatever Baker does. I’m hoping this can just be a one off and Baker can feud with Thunder Rosa in the not to distant future.

Yeah I’d like to keep them separate as well. The Supercliq storyline is great as is whatever Baker does. I’m hoping this can just be a one off and Baker can feud with Thunder Rosa in the not to distant future.

If their smart they could have the Bucks accidentally kick her this week or something like that. Great way to spice up the Bucks v Red Dragon and make people wonder about Cole.

Relying on references to matches & storylines from before the demographic was watching wrestling (or in many cases even born) to carry matches just means that the demographic is going to be less connected to the overall product.

You're probably right. But it's such an awesome reward for longterm fans to see and recognise those call backs that I think it's worth doing. For newer fans it doesn't mean anything, but for 25 year fans it's an awesome pop.

As good as AEW has been, sans the build of Hangman, they haven't done anything as good as Gargano/Ciampa, which was the best wrestling feud of the last 5 years or so. And the thing that made it great was that every match built on what had happened previously in the and continued to further the feud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like the easiest way to get around his no world title clause

Have him “threaten” to jump ship and bin the belt unless he gets a world title shot

But yeah he’s going nowhere

Sounds like the easiest way to get around his no world title clause

Have him “threaten” to jump ship and bin the belt unless he gets a world title shot

But yeah he’s going nowhere

Cody's "do not challenge for the AEW title" is a self-imposed stipulation. It's not enforced by AEW, so it won't need Cody to convince "management" to overturn it.

All it needs is Cody to go "nah-- I'm going to challenge for the title now"

I also don't think you'd want to establish that management will give title shots to people just because they threaten to walk out. Is every heel whose contract is on the cusp of expiring going to demand a world title shot?

Would make more sense to try re-creating the Punk angle where he challenges for the title, threatening to win it and walk out of the company with it, but the time has passed to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back