All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just one example...

But the CM Punk to AEW rumours is a really common statement on wrestling forums. Simply look at the posts on /r/SquaredCircle following All Out and half of it was about the crowd chanting for Punk, about how he MAY be there and that they've 'saved' his debut for the first episode of Dynamite. If I had the time to go back through the 50 pages of this thread, I'm sure there's at least a dozen suggestions that Punk may return to wrestling via. AEW.
Yeah, only people ever speculating.

Nobody said it was a definite like you implied.

More hopeful fans than anything else . Similar to how WWE fans have been hopeful of his return for years now.
There’s nothing coming from management to suggest it’s even a chance. So either he is not coming anytime soon or it’s a massive work.

Not sure how I implied anything definite by simply asking a question.

I was just asking if the rumours and speculation was still there.
So is CM Punk still going to turn up on the first episode of Dynamite??
This implies a definite.

People probably haven't thought he was likely to join for a while now. No need to do this.

More hopeful fans than anything else . Similar to how WWE fans have been hopeful of his return for years now.
There’s nothing coming from management to suggest it’s even a chance. So either he is not coming anytime soon or it’s a massive work.
In fairness a WWE return is now far more likely than him going anywhere else. Time is healing the wounds, experienced big name talent are getting contracts with less dates (Brock, Taker and Goldberg even Styles has a lesser schedule now) and Heyman is there.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using Tapatalk

If the WWE Backstage show wasn't a pre-tape, it would be funny if he dropped a pipebomb, told everyone to watch AEW, then quit the show and showed up on AEW the next night.
Would be like when Matt Hardy in 2005 got arrested on raw and started yelling "Ring of Honor" a bunch of times.

Would be like when Matt Hardy in 2005 got arrested on raw and started yelling "Ring of Honor" a bunch of times.

...wasn't that a work?

Matt Hardy had already been re-signed by the WWE and that was his first appearance back with the company.

Last edited:
...wasn't that a work?

Matt Hardy had already been resigned by the WWE and that was his first appearance back with the company.
Yeah it was, if Punk said "AEW" on WWETV they might bleep it and cut his mic because they have a 7 second delay. I'm assuming Sami Zayn got permission a few months ago?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jericho's mystery partners are:
the former LAX: Santana & Ortiz

this is the announced stuff for the 1st episode:
  • Chris Jericho & Mystery Partners vs. Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks
  • Nyla Rose vs. Riho to determine the inaugural AEW Women's Champion
  • Hangman Page vs. PAC
  • MJF vs. Brandon Cutler
  • An appearance by Jon Moxley
  • Cody Rhodes vs. Sammy Guevara

Last edited:
I’m personally a bit underwhelmed by the announced card for AEW on TNT today.

Would I prefer to watch Cody Rhodes Vs Sammy Guevara OR Adam Cole Vs Matt Riddle in the opening match??

I think that having Cody open the show is a bad idea; it just continues to highlight him as ‘Triple H 2.0’— why do one of the VP’s need to wrestle in the opening match??

I’m personally a bit underwhelmed by the announced card for AEW on TNT today.

Would I prefer to watch Cody Rhodes Vs Sammy Guevara OR Adam Cole Vs Matt Riddle in the opening match??

I think that having Cody open the show is a bad idea; it just continues to highlight him as ‘Triple H 2.0’— why do one of the VP’s need to wrestle in the opening match??
Stunned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back