All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow I’ve been pretty critical (yet optimistic) of AEW and I’ve gotta say that’s the best wrestling tv show I’ve seen in God knows how long.

I enjoyed everything and couldn’t find anything to skip.

Best Bucks match I’ve ever seen, hopefully they tone down spots and have more matches like this. The extended celebration after the match made the win feel more special as well.

I’m really liking how everything is happening in the ring or ringside, makes it feel more real like a proper wrestling show would be like.

I’m obsessed with Jericho so loved his promo, best ever is a stretch though. He had superior stuff in 08. Some of it was too insider for me but it was excellent and set an awesome tone for AEW and his group.

I wasn’t sure why those two guys were getting a contendership match. On that note, my one complaint with the matches has been that it’s been very “comebacky”. If wrestling were real there’d be more squash matches, and just ordinary twelve minute matches where the guy whose done the most offence wins the match. I would like them to train fans to expect that more often so that comebacks can feel special again.

The women’s match was really good. That other Japanese woman was amazing, would love to see more of her.

The main event was cool. I’ve liked how the eps have ended in a bit of mayhem and has felt pretty fluid. The storylines feel dynamic and they all exist within the same world.

The MJF part was brilliant, the cocky heel being overwhelmed by the baby face support and losing sight of Jericho was hilarious. Added a bit of depth to MJF too, like deep down he really wants to be loved by the fans for how great he is.

Surely you can’t have MJF turn at the PPV. There’s so much more mileage to be had out of this. Would make more sense if MJF tries to help Cody but the Inner Circle just outnumber him. They need to build up the effectiveness of the inner circle as well as the MJF/Cody friendship.

I don’t want to raise my hopes too much, but I genuinely thought that was fantastic and it’s really exciting to look forward to weekly wrestling again.

Wow I’ve been pretty critical (yet optimistic) of AEW and I’ve gotta say that’s the best wrestling tv show I’ve seen in God knows how long.

I enjoyed everything and couldn’t find anything to skip.

Best Bucks match I’ve ever seen, hopefully they tone down spots and have more matches like this. The extended celebration after the match made the win feel more special as well.

I’m really liking how everything is happening in the ring or ringside, makes it feel more real like a proper wrestling show would be like.

I’m obsessed with Jericho so loved his promo, best ever is a stretch though. He had superior stuff in 08. Some of it was too insider for me but it was excellent and set an awesome tone for AEW and his group.

I wasn’t sure why those two guys were getting a contendership match. On that note, my one complaint with the matches has been that it’s been very “comebacky”. If wrestling were real there’d be more squash matches, and just ordinary twelve minute matches where the guy whose done the most offence wins the match. I would like them to train fans to expect that more often so that comebacks can feel special again.

The women’s match was really good. That other Japanese woman was amazing, would love to see more of her.

The main event was cool. I’ve liked how the eps have ended in a bit of mayhem and has felt pretty fluid. The storylines feel dynamic and they all exist within the same world.

The MJF part was brilliant, the cocky heel being overwhelmed by the baby face support and losing sight of Jericho was hilarious. Added a bit of depth to MJF too, like deep down he really wants to be loved by the fans for how great he is.

Surely you can’t have MJF turn at the PPV. There’s so much more mileage to be had out of this. Would make more sense if MJF tries to help Cody but the Inner Circle just outnumber him. They need to build up the effectiveness of the inner circle as well as the MJF/Cody friendship.

I don’t want to raise my hopes too much, but I genuinely thought that was fantastic and it’s really exciting to look forward to weekly wrestling again.

The bucks were so impressive. Easy to forget they are the one of the best at the moment.

Agree with what you are saying around the similarity of the matches. Over time I hope they throw in the odd one-sided match as well as time limit draws. I think to begin with it’s important to build the characters to give them the chance to shine though

Even though I was pretty supportive of AEW a few months ago, I haven't really touched the television product yet, only been reading results and comments online. Honestly it seems like it's doing just decent so far. I was always of the opinion that they'd have a slow start and it would take awhile to build and work on writing characters / stories for the new audience. It sounds like there's a decent portion of the roster still to appear.

The new stable is awesome and I love how over Cody is.

The bucks were so impressive. Easy to forget they are the one of the best at the moment.

Agree with what you are saying around the similarity of the matches. Over time I hope they throw in the odd one-sided match as well as time limit draws. I think to begin with it’s important to build the characters to give them the chance to shine though
I legit thought they Bucks Private party match was going to end in a draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AEW got 1mil, NXT 800k this week.

500k people jumped off the Weds night wars this week.

So that's probably the par now for AEW. Imagine the difference in week one was the E fans having a look. Now to hold what they have and try and chip away at some. Good thing is a lot will probably watch a replay and it was the better show this week.

Both drops were predicted due to playoff baseball.

The AEW shill (Dave 'Plans changed') expected a big drop off for NXT. Wrong again.

Both drops were predicted due to playoff baseball.

The AEW shill (Dave 'Plans changed') expected a big drop off for NXT. Wrong again.

Well WWE and even WCW ratings back in the day usually drop off between September to January due to the NFL then the viewers come back or grow in February.

I am curious if AEW can maintain that 1 million average from now until the end of the year.

TNA/Impact Wrestling was averaging 1-1.5 million viewers a week on Spike TV/paramount from 2005-2014.

They need to build to a Wargames match at some point.
Who owns the trademark to the term 'WarGames' is it still MLW or has WWE acquired it?
well Impact wrestling had a similar wrestling wargames match called lockdown. They were very good matches. they only had one ring compared to Wargames 2 rings.

AEW Dynamite week 3:
Jericho vs Darby Allin (Philadelphia Street Fight)
Kenny Omega & Hangman Adam Page vs PAC & Jon Moxley
Riho vs Britt Baker (AEW Women's Championship)
SCU vs Best Friends (1st Round of AEW Tag Team Championship Tournament)
Lucha Brothers vs Jurassic Express (1st Round of AEW Tag Team Championship Tournament)

Last edited:
Apparently the Janella vs Omega match was off the chain. AEW dark could go close to a mill YouTube views next week. Currently sitting around 650k for last week

Stacked card for next week

Both the men’s and women’s titles being defended.

Two tag matches as part of the tournament

Omega/Hangman vs Moxley/Pac. Should be insane viewing.

Apparently the Janella vs Omega match was off the chain. AEW dark could go close to a mill YouTube views next week. Currently sitting around 650k for last week

Is AEW overdoing the 'Hardcore'/Non-sanctioned matches though?

So far we've seen/will see:
-Jericho/Allin in a Philly Street Fight
-Omega/Janella in an Non-sanctioned Match (with an insane one-winged angel according to twitter)
-Havoc/Allin/Janella in a Triple Threat Hardcore Match
-Moxley/Janella in an Non-Sanctionated Match
-Cody/Dustin in what was essentially a blood bath.

That's across like 8 TV events (4 PPV's and 4 TV tapings of Dynamite/Dark)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back