All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be a great get for them. Cody has said, that only around 50%of the roster has been announced. Guessing there are more that might still be waiting to come out of contract.

Cody has since back-flipped on this statement saying that he was incorrect and bad at maths and that there's isn't that much of the roster still to reveal.

Cody has since back-flipped on this statement saying that he was incorrect and bad at maths and that there's isn't that much of the roster still to reveal.
So how many people are on the roster right now?

Agree with Cornette that had Private Party won with the big spots it would've been a lot better than the rollup they went with.

I can also see Meltzer's point that you need to establish Young Bucks as the dominant tag team before you go with the upset. I still think the extended celebration helped get over that this was an upset.

I definitely agree that right now Omega doesn't feel like a star with the way they've booked him, he just feels like one of the other pieces. Still early days though.

Agree with Cornette that had Private Party won with the big spots it would've been a lot better than the rollup they went with.

I can also see Meltzer's point that you need to establish Young Bucks as the dominant tag team before you go with the upset. I still think the extended celebration helped get over that this was an upset.

I definitely agree that right now Omega doesn't feel like a star with the way they've booked him, he just feels like one of the other pieces. Still early days though.

like Metltzer said, the Bucks (and probably Kenny) are too happy to lose to put over new talent. They need to establish themselves first. I do agree that the reactions after the tag match did help though.

like Metltzer said, the Bucks (and probably Kenny) are too happy to lose to put over new talent. They need to establish themselves first. I do agree that the reactions after the tag match did help though.
It's a catch 22 though, if they're dominating straight off the bat then it draws the criticisms that they're self indulgent and just gonna be another bunch of HHH's putting themselves over and burying everyone else, putting wrestling fans off that way.

It's a catch 22 though, if they're dominating straight off the bat then it draws the criticisms that they're self indulgent and just gonna be another bunch of HHH's putting themselves over and burying everyone else, putting wrestling fans off that way.

Totally agree. I think it was a win win for that tag match at Dynamite. They either beat Private Party and make them look strong or they let them win and put them over.
It is pretty nice to see that they’re all prepared to drop some matches though.

Isn't the HHH-clone role been left up to Cody anyway? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour going around that NJPW x AEW partnership could be announced this week.

that would be ******* huge.

Would be freaking awesome if they had an invasion angle like ROH and CZW did back in the day.

Rumour going around that NJPW x AEW partnership could be announced this week.

that would be ******* huge.

What’s the source?

As much as I think Meltzer isn’t great— he’s staring the the NJPW announcement doesn’t have anything to do with AEW or anyone in AEW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back