All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those tag team matches were utter s**t. The ref has absolutely no credibility and tags don't count for s**t. All wrestlers just stay in the ring as long as they like. Pentagon and Phoenix even did a tag when they were both in the ring? I was just like wtf?

Three weeks in and I've already become desensitised to the flips and big bumps, they just kick out way too much. I'm always really confused when the match is going to end because it never feels like it's building, it just feels like "I'll do a big move, then you get up and do a big move on me and we'll kick out"

The Jungle Boy match was definitely the worst example of it. That little guy should never be put on AEW TV again. Is he another Young Bucks friend? He made Pentagon and Pheonix look like absolute bitches.

You can here JR just grimacing through the call and even coaching in his commentary. When that small guy started going straight back onto offence after giving the hot tag JR was literally saying "what are you doing? heal up, stay down!" That match was definitely insulting people's intelligence on par with WWE.

In the SCU match it made no sense that Scorpio Sky didn't start. Why start with the injured bloke? There is almost no psychology or understanding of how a fight would play out in any of those tag matches.

The women's match was terribly awkward and made very little sense. Riho is making these women look incredibly stupid.

The ref in the Omega/Mox tag match was super annoying. This definitely doesn't feel like a sports orientated show the way it's playing out. The barbed wire spot felt way too scripted.

Jericho is carrying this brand at the moment, it's amazing to think people thought it was a bad idea making him the first champ.

Agree that they need to mix it up a bit there's to many flippy guys in the tag tournament but to be honest i see the Dark Order winning the belts first anyway and they're def not flippy.

The false finishes are over the top never been a fan of that sort of stuff and never will be not for me.

I love JR and always will but i dont know if he has "IT" anymore i think on Dark they should have Goldenboy and a special guest each week ala tazz or something.

Yes Jericho is carrying a lot atm but they have booked him to be a star and we'll so far hes delivering

I've spoken negatively of all types of wrestling (including that of the WWE) in these threads; just in general I'm a bit more aware and positive of what's going on because my mind isn't damaged from smoking too much weed.

Dude, I used to get called a troll on this board all the time because I didn't rate Dolph Ziggler and didn't want Daniel Bryan to face Brock Lesnar straight after his first retirement. You definitely get noticed here if you have an opinion different to the norm.

Still, this comment is just bizarre. Just stick to your left field takes on rasslin' :thumbsu:

I think some people are being a little harsh on Marko Stunt. After all, he had to wrestle on such short notice and it's not as if he's going to reach the heights of someone like Jericho or Omega with the small amount of time on TV he's had so far.

I think some people are being a little harsh on Marko Stunt. After all, he had to wrestle on such short notice and it's not as if he's going to reach the heights of someone like Jericho or Omega with the small amount of time on TV he's had so far.

It's not like Luchasaurus got injured a few minutes before the match; AEW officials decided to replace him with Marko Stunt at least 3-4 hours before the show.

Putting a guy a similar size to Hornswoggle and staging the match as if he were Luchasaurus is probably the worst booking decision they could’ve made.

Make it a squash, put in a singles match instead, give someone else promo time, don’t act like they were boxed into that decision.

It's not like Luchasaurus got injured a few minutes before the match; AEW officials decided to replace him with Marko Stunt at least 3-4 hours before the show.
Putting a guy a similar size to Hornswoggle and staging the match as if he were Luchasaurus is probably the worst booking decision they could’ve made.

Make it a squash, put in a singles match instead, give someone else promo time, don’t act like they were boxed into that decision.
There's a tiny chance that I was being serious after we got short changed. I guess I'll have to try a little better next time. ;)

Decided? As part of the group who the hell else was meant to go in to an already laid out and time planned show.

Match went too long and kicked out of a bit much but he did about what he could otherwise. Main offense he got in was believable for his size.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decided? As part of the group who the hell else was meant to go in to an already laid out and time planned show.

Match went too long and kicked out of a bit much but he did about what he could otherwise. Main offense he got in was believable for his size.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using Tapatalk

What is this rant about? My use of the word ‘decided?

There was plenty of other options they could’ve made that would’ve lead to a better show. The match could’ve been significantly shortened & the time used for promo between either Private Party or SCU against the Lucha Bro’s. Jungle Boy could’ve faced Lucha Bro’s on his own or played a bigger part in the match instead of the attention put on Marko.

Cima & T-Hawk were in the building (as they participated in a dark match); they could’ve been a replacement team or they could’ve transitioned LAX into the tournament rather than a squash match and put on a better show.

It was the Lucha Bros first match on TNT— the Lucha Bros should be main event players as they’ve won both singles & tag gold around the world. Instead their first match featured them taking over 10 minutes to put away a wrestler who’s 5ft2!

The injury was known hours beforehand; it’s not like it occurred literally before show time. Part of the process of producing life TV is adapting to things on the run—- AEW showed at this point in time they either struggle to do it; or just make decisions that aren’t perfect (despite what some of you want to believe)
The injury was known hours beforehand; it’s not like it occurred literally before show time. Part of the process of producing life TV is adapting to things on the run—- AEW showed at this point in time they either struggle to do it; or just make decisions that aren’t perfect (despite what some of you want to believe)

Last edited:
Agree that they need to mix it up a bit there's to many flippy guys in the tag tournament but to be honest i see the Dark Order winning the belts first anyway and they're def not flippy.

I'm presuming the final will be between the Lucha Bros & SCU, since that appears to be a feud they're building up.

aew beats nxt again......

1,014,000 viewers on aew

712,000 on nxt

aew beats nxt again......

1,014,000 viewers on aew

712,000 on nxt

Interesting that AEW has lost 395,000 viewers in the past 2 weeks; while NXT has only lost 179,000.

How long will it take until both shows rate the same?

The way smackdown and raw keep losing numbers i would say they will catch them 1st.

There's more chance that Cody becomes the AEW Champion at Full Gear than AEW rating higher than Raw & Smackdown.

Omega v Moxley should be the main event of the Full Gear show. I know it doesn't send the best message for their top title, but this is literally the biggest singles match they could put on at this stage of the company.

Cody v Jericho could be okay but I don't really have high hopes. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back