All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AEW 822k (759k last week) 63k up

NXT 813k (580k last week) 233k up

This doesn’t look good for AEW. Won’t be long until they re-think their philosophy (which was never going to work) and go down a different path. Unfortunately the entire company is in the wrestling bubble and incapable of thinking outside the box so they’re doomed really...

AEW 822k (759k last week) 63k up

NXT 813k (580k last week) 233k up

This doesn’t look good for AEW. Won’t be long until they re-think their philosophy (which was never going to work) and go down a different path. Unfortunately the entire company is in the wrestling bubble and incapable of thinking outside the box so they’re doomed really...

Both good ratings both good shows.

You are a strange one. Less wrestling in wrestling shows.

You are a strange one. Less wrestling in wrestling shows.

You do realise a vast number of iconic moments that shaped wrestling didn't actually have wrestling in them?

Dare I say, the best moments of AEW so far haven't involved wrestling in them.

Too many meaningless fifteen minute matches and not enough promo time to get to know this new cast of characters is fair criticism of AEW.

NXT were always going to get a bump because of the “invasion” angle. People were interested to see who would show up on NXT. Good move by WWE.

True-- but I also would've assumed that AEW would also get a bump coming out of the World Series being their first ever "go home" show.

The numbers are much closer in previous weeks, so it will be interesting to see how both programs go from here.

True-- but I also would've assumed that AEW would also get a bump coming out of the World Series being their first ever "go home" show.

The numbers are much closer in previous weeks, so it will be interesting to see how both programs go from here.

I could see NXT jumping AEW next week. Shame since it’s the inferior product.

You do realise a vast number of iconic moments that shaped wrestling didn't actually have wrestling in them?

Too many meaningless fifteen minute matches and not enough promo time to get to know this new cast of characters is fair criticism of AEW.

Absolutely.

I just recently come across some video of the top 10 moments of Stone Cold Steve Austin’s career, and only 2 of the 10 actually involved Austin in a wrestling match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally someone who gets it.
And you wonder why they can’t even get above 1 million viewers lol.

I’ll bite.
AEW are quite self aware and seem to listen to criticism. Maybe they’ll do more out of the ring work if it’s needed.
It seems that every time these guys do a promo it’s the “promo of the year” (see Mox, Jericho and Cody) so it’s not like they don’t have the personnel.

I’ll bite.
AEW are quite self aware and seem to listen to criticism. Maybe they’ll do more out of the ring work if it’s needed.
It seems that every time these guys do a promo it’s the “promo of the year” (see Mox, Jericho and Cody) so it’s not like they don’t have the personnel.
They’ve started to do more. It’s early days.
I do love a good backstage segment, I mean the 90s early 2000s segment, not so much the 2018 dumb fake GM office segment

That’s the key to it. You need live, happening right now stuff taking place - not pre-recorded skits or stunts.. raw, dirty, not so well shot moments are best. Someone marching backstage to look for a fight, cameras catching up to a fight already happening.

Just make it somewhat believable, unlike the modern days, pre planned, cameras conveniently everywhere (including inside fuc*king cars!?) wwe s**t.

Cody losing, leaving the main event scene until turning heel in a year or so and re-negging seems like a sensible way to do it. It seems like a self-made stip so it’s up to him how strictly he keeps it.

However they choose to get around it, I can’t see Cody winning on PPV. You just can’t take the title off Jericho under any circumstance.

This will be how it happens. Cody will keep the stip in his back pocket until he turns heel. There's no way he beats Jericho here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back