Status
Not open for further replies.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That’s the key to it. You need live, happening right now stuff taking place - not pre-recorded skits or stunts.. raw, dirty, not so well shot moments are best. Someone marching backstage to look for a fight, cameras catching up to a fight already happening.

Just make it somewhat believable, unlike the modern days, pre planned, cameras conveniently everywhere (including inside fuc*king cars!?) wwe s**t.

Yeah this. Have you seen the Smackdown episode from 99 when DX are looking for Stone Cold? Stone Cold ends up hunting down DX and setting traps and all that s**t and it was so entertaining to tie the whole episode together.

--

On Jericho Cody, there's so many possibilities here. 60min draw would only really be viable if it was no DQ, although I'd like to see it. What if the Bucks interfered for the DQ when Jericho is about to win to save Cody's title shot thing? We'll see.

Filthy Sanchez

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Don’t waste your time on the Don Jnr interview on TIJ

Spends the first five minutes justifying how you need to listen to people you might not neccesaritly agree with (a good point) and then goes on to say he has a journalism degree and is a best selling author so he’s qualified to give political interviews (okay mate)

After that he gives the Don Jnr a lot of vague open ended prompts letting Jnr hit on all of Trump’s key points without any cross-examination or further questioning.

Jericho doesn’t really offer his two cents on anything said and more just goes ‘ah, interesting.’ His one opinion was that the Canadian health care system isn’t as amazing as outsiders think it is.’ An astute observation to be making on an hour dialogue already brimming with conservative bias.

Don Jnr. gets away with so much hyperbole and half truths on the episode that I was able to find credible evidence against with a ten second google.

Without a doubt the most disgraceful thing Jericho has ever done. He’s my favourite wrestler ever and obviously this doesn’t change anything, but it does paint a clearer picture of who he is.

As an aside those four guys in the ring with Jericho on the video I posted before all backed in LeBron and his gutless comments about the Hong Kong protests. It’s amazing the bullshit people are willing to peddle for their own gain.

Sorry if this is all a little off topic but he is the face of AEW after all.

can't help you on that. my past experience with streaming the Fite app from my ipad (via wifi) to my tv while they were doing live shows over WM weekend was not great due to buffering. But that's more likely a device issue, since I had no buffering while streaming on the PC directly.

just note that unless they've changed it, you can't fast forward/rewind during a live show.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Spends the first five minutes justifying how you need to listen to people you might not neccesaritly agree with (a good point) and then goes on to say he has a journalism degree and is a best selling author so he’s qualified to give political interviews (okay mate)

After that he gives the Don Jnr a lot of vague open ended prompts letting Jnr hit on all of Trump’s key points without any cross-examination or further questioning.

Jericho doesn’t really offer his two cents on anything said and more just goes ‘ah, interesting.’ His one opinion was that the Canadian health care system isn’t as amazing as outsiders think it is.’ An astute observation to be making on an hour dialogue already brimming with conservative bias.

Don Jnr. gets away with so much hyperbole and half truths on the episode that I was able to find credible evidence against with a ten second google.

Without a doubt the most disgraceful thing Jericho has ever done. He’s my favourite wrestler ever and obviously this doesn’t change anything, but it does paint a clearer picture of who he is.

As an aside those four guys in the ring with Jericho on the video I posted before all backed in LeBron and his gutless comments about the Hong Kong protests. It’s amazing the bullshit people are willing to peddle for their own gain.

:thumbsu:

This will be how it happens. Cody will keep the stip in his back pocket until he turns heel. There's no way he beats Jericho here.

Another option if he stays face is the champion at the time comes at him and calls him out. Then he can pull the whole just defending my honor.

will listen to this 20 years from now when the world has ended

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Was great watching a PPV on a Sunday btw. Underrated.

I think they're keen to do England, and I saw one of the Buck's say somewhere else but I've been thinking about Australia and AEW.

It'd be such a good way to become the main choice of promotion for so many people if they pulled the trigger and did a PPV in Australia.
I feel like you could even do a Dynamite in say Sydney on Wednesday night our time, air it on 12hr delay (Smackdowns ratings this week show that delayed broadcast doesn't impact ratings). Then do the PPV in Melbourne. Announce it with a TV deal and promote the s**t out of it and you've got a winner. Just wonder if they'd sell it out.

Thoughts?

I think they're keen to do England, and I saw one of the Buck's say somewhere else but I've been thinking about Australia and AEW.

It'd be such a good way to become the main choice of promotion for so many people if they pulled the trigger and did a PPV in Australia.
I feel like you could even do a Dynamite in say Sydney on Wednesday night our time, air it on 12hr delay (Smackdowns ratings this week show that delayed broadcast doesn't impact ratings). Then do the PPV in Melbourne. Announce it with a TV deal and promote the s**t out of it and you've got a winner. Just wonder if they'd sell it out.

Thoughts?

UK and Canada.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
They'll do all WWE TV American and Canadian cities before coming here. That'll take a year (WWE does them biannually with 2 weekly shows).

The novelty draw will wear off quicker there than it ever would here.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
It gets forgotten but WWE only started regularly leaving North America - Sky PPVs excepted - right at the end of the Attitude Era when the homeland fad had been completely milked. Different company and quite a few years ago now but something to note.

It gets forgotten but WWE only started regularly leaving North America - Sky PPVs excepted - right at the end of the Attitude Era when the homeland fad had been completely milked. Different company and quite a few years ago now but something to note.

inb4 'WWF went overseas in 1994 blah blah' I don't care I wasn't watching :p

Just because you didn't see it happen didn't mean it didn’t happen (a bit like Brock Lesnar matches)

In 1997 alone (so the start of the Attitude era) there was:
  • A Raw taping in February in Berlin, Germany
  • A Raw taping in April in Johannesburg, South Africa

Last edited:

Thoughts?

How many people in Australia currently watch AEW? There would be figures attached to Fite.tv that would let AEW know how many people are watching the brand in Australia.

NJPW have done two shows in Melbourne the past few years (probably a closest comparable brand to AEW in AU at the moment) and only decided to use Festival Hall (crowd of approx 2,000). Will a crowd of that size make it profitable for AEW to do a PPV in Australia at this stage of their lifespan?

I could see it happening in a few years (maybe 2022 or beyond)-- but I think it's more important that AEW focus on markets that already have TV deals and larger pro wrestling scenes than Australia for the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back