All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really believe in the notion of a "WWE reject" these days.

From what we hear through dirt sheets, over the last 5-10 years your fate in WWE has been decided by one ancient guy who isn't current with pop culture or young fans. These guys, for the most part, weren't rejected by fans or by writers, they were rejected by VKM. Certainly that's the case with Brody Lee and the Revival.

Along with the current people in there as well. Like Zayn, Balor, Cesaro, Alexander and Ricochet. So much talent being under-utilised.

It's those in a WWE bubble that think Matt Hardy isn't anything special because he is a mid carder there that was very restricted in what he could do with his own creative. Outside of there he has shown he can be a top guy, when he was doing the broken stuff he was one of the most over guys in ALL wrestling, just look at the reaction at Mania.

His best in ring work is behind him but he is hardly Goldberg level restricted. There has also been plenty of worse ring workers over with a good character.

Good job at completely missing the point of my post :rolleyes:

I was basically stating that Broken Matt to AEW isn’t on the same level as Austin, Foley, HHH etc. moving from WCW to WWF in the mid-90’s.

I love Matt Hardy’s character work as Broken Matt Hardy—but in the matches he has performed in; even dating back as far as the end of his TNA stint he is super limited by what his body can do these days.

If AEW focuses on the ‘Total Deletion’ side of his character at the Hardy compound it is great or limited involvement in tag matches - but I really don’t want to see Matt in 10+ minute singles matches because he simply can’t go anymore.

They werent WWE rejects though. Hardy rejected WWE and WWE wouldn’t release Lee.

Are they going to say the Revival are rejects because WWE didn’t book them after they knew they wouldn’t re-sign?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did I say that Matt Hardy or Brodie Lee was a WWE reject??

It’s part of the conversation stream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All good— I just assumed you were having a rant as me as typically most people here don’t agree with my views on AEW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blood n Guts not on next week (more info in tweet), instead getting a Jericho-Matt Hardy confrontation

"Face-to-face, one-on-one, for the first time ever" :rolleyes:

I hate it when promotions lie & try and change history.

Chris Jericho & Matt Hardy have had singles matches on Raw & Smackdown multiple times-- including the Raw after Wrestlemania XX.

"Face-to-face, one-on-one, for the first time ever (in AEW)" :rolleyes:

I hate it when promotions lie & try and change history.

Chris Jericho & Matt Hardy have had singles matches on Raw & Smackdown multiple times-- including the Raw after Wrestlemania XX.

if you're splitting hairs, it's the first time in AEW AND the first time of the Painmaker/Le Champion vs Broken Matt...

if you're splitting hairs, it's the first time in AEW AND the first time of the Painmaker/Le Champion vs Broken Matt...

If you’re going to have to put those conditions on it; it needs to be stated at the time & not have to be assumed to make the statement make sense.

I don’t care if it’s AEW , WWE, Impact, ROH, NJPW or MCW.

Claiming ‘first time Evers’ when it’s clearly not the case is an insult to the viewing audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back