All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like they're padding things out too (for obvious reasons).

Yep they’re spinning their wheels. It’s hard to get into wrestling at the moment knowing they’re just plodding along. They’re obviously doing all they can at the moment but Id prefer they just have a break.

Ps. I feel the they just had some fun on the last ep.

Good job at completely missing the point of my post :rolleyes:

I was basically stating that Broken Matt to AEW isn’t on the same level as Austin, Foley, HHH etc. moving from WCW to WWF in the mid-90’s.

I love Matt Hardy’s character work as Broken Matt Hardy—but in the matches he has performed in; even dating back as far as the end of his TNA stint he is super limited by what his body can do these days.

If AEW focuses on the ‘Total Deletion’ side of his character at the Hardy compound it is great or limited involvement in tag matches - but I really don’t want to see Matt in 10+ minute singles matches because he simply can’t go anymore.
Broken Matt Hardy’s in ring work is poor to average nowadays but it is a much bigger deal him choosing AEW over WWE than Austin or HHH going from WCW to WWE. They came as practically no-names, in fact Foley came straight from ECW and was the biggest recruit of the 3. Austin and HHH brought zero fanfare at the time.

Just finished listening to Brodie Lee on The Jericho podcast. Can not wait to see what this guy can do. WWE wasted him so badly.

Both this and Hardy one were good listens.

Good to see my evaluation of nobody giving a flying * about Matt Hardy raining true.

IWC has a hard on for him but your average fan couldnt care less about him.

inb4thispostisdisliked because my opinion strays from the norm round here.

He's a bit too popular to just drop in the undercard and leave it at that. But also AEW seem genuinely intent on fleshing out their roster and engaging them to the audience. Contrast to WWE which focuses almost exclusively on the main event scene in terms of 'character' and 'storylines'. Brodie Lee is more memorable after 2 weeks here than 7 years in WWE.

Last edited:
He's a bit too popular to just drop in the undercard and leave it at that. But also AEW seem genuinely intent on fleshing out their roster and engaging them to the audience. Contrast to WWE which focuses almost exclusively on the main event scene when it comes to 'character' and 'storylines'. Brodie Lee is more memorable after 2 weeks here than 7 years in WWE.

Attacking Christopher Daniels, defeating QT Marshall and doing a lame segment parodying Vince McMahon is more memorable than the entire Wyatt Family era, the brilliant IC title Ladder match between Ziggler & Harper at TLC ‘14, Harper’s involvement in Wyatt/Orton leading up to WM33 & the entire Bludgeon Brother run??

AEW is held to a much lower standard if defeating QT Marshall is ‘memorable’ :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He even says with Jericho that he doesn't see himself working for the title. Just thinks he can be an entertaining storyline which plenty would find him to be. Some people loved the TNA version and some didn't, will no doubt be same here.

I'm conflicted by the whole Brodie Lee/Vinnie Mac send up.

On one hand, it makes sense to me if his frustration and anger is the whole reason for the Dark Order. But on the other hand, why acknowledge the other company? Why make being sour your whole character? I can't be the only one who remembers "Kip & BG James" as VKM in TNA can I?

If it's a short term joke, fine. But if the Vinnie Mac parody is the character, it's going to flame out real quick.

Attacking Christopher Daniels, defeating QT Marshall and doing a lame segment parodying Vince McMahon is more memorable than the entire Wyatt Family era, the brilliant IC title Ladder match between Ziggler & Harper at TLC ‘14, Harper’s involvement in Wyatt/Orton leading up to WM33 & the entire Bludgeon Brother run??

AEW is held to a much lower standard if defeating QT Marshall is ‘memorable’ :rolleyes:

Describe WWE's Luke Harper without saying what he looked like, what he wore, and what his role in the plot was. Go!

Describe WWE's Luke Harper without saying what he looked like, what he wore, and what his role in the plot was. Go!
From the time I was watching religiously around the time of the brand split: loyal to his leader, un-trusting of the new comer. Very much henchman (dunno if that falls into your latter category). Think he got injured shortly after the WM in 2017 or that's when the Bludgen Brothers started and I slowly stopped watching.

Easily one of the more under-utilised talents. After the Wyatt family broke up could have easily been used a face big man

They remembered who their masters were.
He even says with Jericho that he doesn't see himself working for the title. Just thinks he can be an entertaining storyline which plenty would find him to be. Some people loved the TNA version and some didn't, will no doubt be same here.
But hes not even that?

ratings would suggest hardy needs to give it away.

hes 100 percent done

One of the most agile ‘strong style’ guys on the roster for over 5 years— featured in some of my favourite matches of the last decade (Vs Shield @ Elimination Chamber ‘14 & the IC Ladder match @ WM31)

What’s Brodie Lee done in the first two weeks of AEW that anyone will care about 12 months from now??

What’s Brodie Lee done in the first two weeks of AEW that anyone will care about 12 months from now??
Be the leader of the Dark Order. Whether that is a positive or negative or not is yet to be seen

One of the most agile ‘strong style’ guys on the roster for over 5 years— featured in some of my favourite matches of the last decade (Vs Shield @ Elimination Chamber ‘14 & the IC Ladder match @ WM31)

You are comparing 5 years of the guys work to 2 episodes of a no crowd show.

Going a bit early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are comparing 5 years of the guys work to 2 episodes of a no crowd show.

Going a bit early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn’t me that started the comparison— I was just responding to this.

He's a bit too popular to just drop in the undercard and leave it at that. But also AEW seem genuinely intent on fleshing out their roster and engaging them to the audience. Contrast to WWE which focuses almost exclusively on the main event scene in terms of 'character' and 'storylines'. Brodie Lee is more memorable after 2 weeks here than 7 years in WWE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back