All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s bizarre to me that these companies aren’t attempting to set up NWA territory-style talent sharing agreements that benefit everyone.

You could argue they already share talent. Most wrestlers aren't signed exclusively. Territory system started its inexorable decline when cable TV meant everybody had the same channels. How would it work and profit now everyone has the internet in their pocket?

For AEW specifically, if wrestlers start missing Dynamite and PPVs (when we eventually get to the new normal with crowds and live TV) to do other stuff the audience won't take it seriously.

Shake my head when people mention Impact Wrestling sharing talent like it's a positive. It's a HUGE marker of how far TNA fell. They can't afford full-timers. They can't afford a new, live episode every week.

Last edited:

they have enough footage for "weeks if not months" according to reports

"Keller added that the wrestlers that appeared on this past week's Dynamite are the same group that taped matches for the upcoming weeks and outside Chris Jericho, no other additional talents flew or drove in for the tapings. AEW wanted to avoid using people from specific hotspots of the country like New York in addition to physically splitting up the roster up as much as possible to help prevent any mass outbreak in case someone has the virus and were asymptomatic."

The same 10 guys wrestling each other. Might lose me before it gets to "Best of AEW".

"Keller added that the wrestlers that appeared on this past week's Dynamite are the same group that taped matches for the upcoming weeks and outside Chris Jericho, no other additional talents flew or drove in for the tapings. AEW wanted to avoid using people from specific hotspots of the country like New York in addition to physically splitting up the roster up as much as possible to help prevent any mass outbreak in case someone has the virus and were asymptomatic."

The same 10 guys wrestling each other. Might lose me before it gets to "Best of AEW".

At least Shida was there.

I thought that Britt Baker lived in Pittsburgh, not in Georgia. She definitely appeared on Dynamite this week.

She lives in Florida

Baker was brave enough to chase two. And now, living in Orlando, Florida, with her boyfriend, NXT champion Adam Cole, she maintains what would be a back-breaking schedule for most, somehow maintaining her career in the ring and a burgeoning dental practice without seemingly missing a beat.

"Both of my worlds are very understanding of the other," she says. "I have an agreement with the dental office I work for that we'll be closed on Wednesdays. Because I'll be in whatever city AEW Dynamite is in. And AEW is OK with me flying in super-late Tuesday night after work or even early Wednesday morning. They are also really good at getting me on the first flight back to Orlando Thursday morning. I get right off the plane and go to work. I am still able to work four days a week as a dentist."

I like the idea of Sammy G winning it. Being around Jericho will elevate it. Can imagine a scenario with Jericho pumping Sammy as the next big thing, loses his rematch with Mosley for the AEW championship. Gets jealous of Sammy as he is now the Le Champion of the group and not him. Achieves Sammy turning face, while the caliber of Jericho adds value to both the title and Sammy.

I like the idea of Sammy G winning it. Being around Jericho will elevate it. Can imagine a scenario with Jericho pumping Sammy as the next big thing, loses his rematch with Moxley for the AEW championship. Gets jealous of Sammy as he is now the Le Champion of the group and not him. Achieves Sammy turning face, while the calibre of Jericho adds value to both the title and Sammy.

running with this idea, if they feel comfortable enough with Sammy, they could have him lead the Inner Circle (or lead a coup and have someone new be the leader) and turn Jericho face in the process.

running with this idea, if they feel comfortable enough with Sammy, they could have him lead the Inner Circle (or lead a coup and have someone new be the leader) and turn Jericho face in the process.

a bit like the Rock in the Nation of Domination. Kicks out Farooq (Ron Simonds) to take control as the new leader.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If only Jake Roberts was in good health and a good head space in the last 20-25 years. Could have been a gold mine of promos.

AEW Dynamite - ranked 32nd with 0.26 rating in demos 692 000
NXT: Takeover USA (their WrestleMania event) - ranked 51st with 0.19 rating in demos 693 000

So technically AEW are still undefeated this decade where it counts. :D

But in all seriousness, lack of crowds and coronavirus-dominated news shows are hurting the product (pro wrestling shows in general). :thumbsdown:

Overall, another very enjoyable episode of Dynamite and competed well against an NXT Takeover event that would normally be shown on WWE Network if not for the current circumstances (when was the last time a Takeover hasn't delivered?).

the streak is over
undertaker-streak-guy.png

AEW Dynamite - ranked 32nd with 0.26 rating in demos 692 000
NXT: Takeover USA (their WrestleMania event) - ranked 51st with 0.19 rating in demos 693 000

So technically AEW are still undefeated this decade where it counts. :D

You really have chosen this as your hill to die on— haven’t you? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back