All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning: A “sloppy shop” company has had its results for Night 2 of Fyter Fest leak. You may want to avoid Reddit/Twitter if you don’t want to know what happens next week.

Warning: A “sloppy shop” company has had its results for Night 2 of Fyter Fest leak. You may want to avoid Reddit/Twitter if you don’t want to know what happens next week.
Already read the spoilers, liked most of what I read and will be watching since I have no interest in the NXT episode. :thumbsu: :D

when did they change it? (this is my first Dynamite episode for a while. I think 4-6 weeks at least)
Not sure i dont watch regularly did notice about 3 weeks ago roughly. Thought I'd give it a chance.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Wow that’s just sad.

I'd say it's about right. I really like Best Friends but they're not a main event act and to make it worse it was a face v face match and it feels like BF had more momentum a month ago and have just waited around since for their shot since. And to make that worse QT and DR and now PP have got shots after being no where near as hot.

And no competitive rivalry had ever really been established with Page and Omega (P&O had with Bucks before Revolution blow away tag match).

It's not necessarily horrible or nonsensical booking but hasn't exactly been great either.

Ratings are in for the main event

Aew 645k for Kenny/hangman vs best friends

Nxt 900k for Sasha vs io

Looks like Sasha is a draw
I've noticed on twitter there is like hundreds, possibly thousands of Sasha Banks fan accounts.

I've noticed on twitter there is like hundreds, possibly thousands of Sasha Banks fan accounts.

I've even seen a 50+ year old man wearing a Sasha shirt. She must be over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a bugger for AEW that this pandemic hit right at the point they really were hitting their stride - the build to Revolution was one of the best PPV builds I've ever seen, and actually had me purchase a PPV for the first time in forever.

I think it took them a long time to readjust to the crowdless era, and even though I'm now finding the weekly programming good again (after mostly tuning out for the better part of three months) it really isn't the same without crowds. WWE's crowds are often so dead that it probably isn't as much of an issue there, but I really hope AEW can ride out however long it takes, because I really want to hear crowds going nuts for Darby and Moxley and Page again - three hot acts who just aren't the same.

Ratings are in for the main event

Aew 645k for Kenny/hangman vs best friends

Nxt 900k for Sasha vs io

Looks like Sasha is a draw

But was it in the 18 - 49 demo?

The tag team matches have delivered so far, something AEW doesn't have to worry about since the owner of that other promotion doesn't like tag team wrestling. :p

You guys spend more time talking about WWE/NXT than you do AEW.
This 18-month old AEW thread has almost as many posts as the 6.5 year-old NXT thread. Barely anyone posts there lately and not even the most loyal WWE fans make much noise in the WWE thread anymore. :D

As for Fyter Fest night 2, entertaining so far and hopefully they introduce a trios title sometime soon. :thumbsu:

Pretty meh 2nd week of Fyter Fest.

8 man tag was the highlight might rewatch that because it went lighting fast.

Main event was not my cup of tea because i dont like the OC gimmick so anything hes involved in i dont want to see.

the rest was just a chore to watch.

next week looks ok cody vs sonny kiss scares the life out of me who booked that s**t ?

The FTW title and a 49 year old defeating one of the "hottest acts" in the company---- unsure if I'm watching 1997 ECW or 1997 WCW :think:
1997 was a great year in professional wrestling, too bad we won't see anything like that anytime soon, if ever. Fickle marks will still complain about any throwbacks though, LOL.

Taz has proven his worth in AEW and bringing back the FTW title is a nice throwback to how the title was introduced in the first place: both champs have been legitimately out of action (Shane Douglas was injured in 1998, Jon Moxley has been unavailable to attend due to his wife testing positive for COVID-19) and in kayfabe both champs have been accused by Taz as cowards that are too scared to put their world titles on the line (Taz being the challenger in the former situation and Taz being the mouthpiece for the challenger in the latter situation).

I'd laugh if this pre-taped episode of Dynamite (with its entire episode leaked online) beat NXT this week in the ratings, since that's something the AEW haters are obsessing over nowadays. :p

NXT should and most likely will beat AEW in viewer numbers this week (I ain't even mad, this Fyter Fest episode was another good show), but will probably lose in the 18-49 demographics in a close one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back