All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AEW Dynamite - 0.30 demo, 15th in ranking, 826 000
WWE NXT - 0.17 demo, 51st in ranking, 651 000

Another week, another comprehensive win for the good guys of wrestling. :thumbsu:

Another entertaining and enjoyable episode of Dynamite, but I can understand that some people may be disappointed that it didn't feel like an extravaganza of a 1st anniversary special especially with no title changes taking place. However, most of the matches were good-to-great (squash match is a squash match) and the promos were entertaining so can't really complain. Good to see the numbers up from last week (which is expected due to less sport on this time around) but disappointed in the ranking drop (due to MLB ALCS and NLCS as well as Supreme Court nomination hearings in the US Senate) although the all-important demo remains steady. NXT... another non top-50 showing LOL. :p

Penelope Ford as Player Two on Kip's arcade machine, Trent going through and destroying Kip's arcade machine, Rick Knox ducking, Sean Maluta and Lee Johnson, "Good Friends," Colt Cabana and Joey Janela in the AEW World Title Eliminator Tournament, Sammy Guevara's tribute to Marty McFly Jr. from BTTF2 with the oversized jacket, Animal Planet, steak dinners, Tony Schiavone at a day spa with Britt Baker getting his chest waxed, Cody and Orange Cassidy locking up, a wild John Silver appears, Cody's tribute to Scott Steiner with the in-ring pushups, 20-minute time limit draws, Sammy Guevara wanting to murder Matt Hardy, a random Griff Garrison and Brian Pillman Jr appearance, Shida getting shoved into a cameraman, Lance Archer throwing a random jobber through a glass pane, Paradigm Shift as the first move of the match, quick rollup to win the match and Eddie Kingtson being proud of Jon Moxley's accomplishments are draws, confirmed. :D

Really not into the Hardy Guevara fued... not really into anything with Matt Hardy tbh

Why? he is helping him get over.
Same as Jericho working with Orange and MJF.

Jericho is on record saying he won’t wrestle Matt 1 on 1 because it doesn’t help anyone.

Hardy working with the young blokes is why he can across along with the freedoms, it’s why WWE went hard on offering him to NXT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? he is helping him get over.
Same as Jericho working with Orange and MJF.

Jericho is on record saying he won’t wrestle Matt 1 on 1 because it doesn’t help anyone.

Hardy working with the young blokes is why he can across along with the freedoms, it’s why WWE went hard on offering him to NXT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel we’ve seen this before and I’d prefer him in a manager role than in the ring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know some negative Nelly will definitely rain on the parade, but after being a bit iffy about some of MJF and Jericho's segments not being as great as I would've hoped, they put on an all-time classic one here. Just amazing.
I'm not watching it. Does not interest me in the slightest. No need to watch this week pretty obvious where they are all going for the ppv

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Wow Jericho embarrasses himself even further for the sake of “comedy”.

Further proof that AEW wrestlers have way too much creative freedom yet have NFI what they’re doing.

I know wrestling companies can come out of dips and into boom periods but it would take AEW to clean the roster out to make a clean start at this point.

Wow Jericho embarrasses himself even further for the sake of “comedy”.

Further proof that AEW wrestlers have way too much creative freedom yet have NFI what they’re doing.

I know wrestling companies can come out of dips and into boom periods but it would take AEW to clean the roster out to make a clean start at this point.

And if it gets over then that freedom works.

That’s how wrestling should be, sink or swim in your own talent and decisions.

Better than the ridiculous control wwe has.

And if it gets over then that freedom works.

That’s how wrestling should be, sink or swim in your own talent and decisions.

Better than the ridiculous control wwe has.

Stop comparing whether AEW is good or not based on a terrible current WWE alternative. Compare it to how you felt watching good wrestling promotions.

Also I don’t see this just being a consequence on the performers but the brand as a whole. Jericho is the biggest name in that company by far, and whether AEW goes bust or not he’ll always be safe to make money, so if he delegitimises a company with goofy segments it really affects the company more than the individual.

It’d be like a wrestler having a gimmick of breaking the fourth wall and giving out insider terms during the show. If a wrestler cut a promo and was like “you know this wrestling thing is all fake and I don’t care whether I win or lose matches” the GM comes out and says “alright mate, you’ve got it, from now on you’re a jobber and you lose every match” that angle would suck and ruin the whole promotion, not just the individual. DX would do this s**t all the time in 06 and it ruined the whole show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back