All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop comparing whether AEW is good or not based on a terrible current WWE alternative. Compare it to how you felt watching good wrestling promotions.

I’ll compare how I want thanks.

But if you are going to whinge they have too much freedom then I will point out its better than the complete control of other companies.

Also I don’t see this just being a consequence on the performers but the brand as a whole. Jericho is the biggest name in that company by far, and whether AEW goes bust or not he’ll always be safe to make money, so if he delegitimises a company with goofy segments it really affects the company more than the individual.
because it is up to the wrestlers to get over, if they make the wrong decisions they fall.
From what I’ve seen the majority liked it.

It’d be like a wrestler having a gimmick of breaking the fourth wall and giving out insider terms during the show. If a wrestler cut a promo and was like “you know this wrestling thing is all fake and I don’t care whether I win or lose matches” the GM comes out and says “alright mate, you’ve got it, from now on you’re a jobber and you lose every match” that angle would suck and ruin the whole promotion, not just the individual. DX would do this sh*t all the time in 06 and it ruined the whole show.
they did it all the time in the attitude era and people lapped it up.
You may not like it but the ratings will show wether it was over or not.

If wrestlers live and die by getting over then you have to give them the freedom to do it.

Having it all scripted and controlled does not work.

I’ll compare how I want thanks.

But if you are going to whinge they have too much freedom then I will point out its better than the complete control of other companies.

because it is up to the wrestlers to get over, if they make the wrong decisions they fall.
From what I’ve seen the majority liked it.

they did it all the time in the attitude era and people lapped it up.
You may not like it but the ratings will show wether it was over or not.

If wrestlers live and die by getting over then you have to give them the freedom to do it.

Having it all scripted and controlled does not work.

Well you’ll never be let down if you think the gold standard is current WWE.

As for your other point, show me the times Austin and Rock or anyone who had mainstream success broke the fourth wall during the attitude era. And not in a “blurred the lines” way but in an outright way.

All that comes to mind for me is when DX aired the curtain call on Raw. And at that point in time Raw was getting smashed by WCW and that segment really had no lasting or memorable affect on that era.

Well you’ll never be let down if you think the gold standard is current WWE.

As for your other point, show me the times Austin and Rock or anyone who had mainstream success broke the fourth wall during the attitude era. And not in a “blurred the lines” way but in an outright way.

All that comes to mind for me is when DX aired the curtain call on Raw. And at that point in time Raw was getting smashed by WCW and that segment really had no lasting or memorable affect on that era.

Lol not the gold standard at all. But it’s what American wrestling has to compare with especially with some who visit here often.

DX often did it leading into the Attitude era and they were champions. No lasting effect on the era? DX?

As I said freedom gives the wrestlers a chance to get over on their own skill as it should be.

AEW Dynamite - 0.30 demo, 13th in ranking, 753 000
WWE NXT - 0.16 demo, 56th in ranking, 644 000

Another week, another win for the good guys of wrestling. :thumbsu:

A better episode of Dynamite than last weeks, really entertaining throughout and some nice storyline progression heading into Full Gear. While it's good that the all-important demo has remained steady and ranking has slightly increased, it's disappointing that numbers have dropped from last week due to a drop in the male 12-34 demo (can't appreciate good musical performances, perhaps?) and 50+ demo (maybe it's time to bring back 50+ seconds for 50+). Still, a win is a win and as far as I'm aware, AEW aren't under investigation as a potential COVID-19 hotspot unlike a certain promotion that shall not be named so that's always good. :p

F-10s, "the land of the sports entertainment," wrestling in North Carolina, Omega's mullet, "old bosses," Penta chopping the ring post, Kip mourning the loss of A.L.A.N., John Silver high on Mountain Dew or red cordial, Cabana disappointing the Dark Order yet again, Taz standing behind Cage and Starks on the ramp to make himself look taller, Jericho and MJF's Tony Award winning performance and tribute to Vince McMahon's rendition of "Stand Back" at the 37th Annual Slammy Awards, raw steak, KiLynn King, Steve-O, Darby Allin's body bag roll in, Johnny Hungee during the main event and Tully Blanchard wearing a mask and baseball cap are draws, confirmed. :D

AEW aren't under investigation as a potential COVID-19 hotspot unlike a certain promotion that shall not be named so that's always good. :p

Tell me more about how good Kenny Omega Vs Joey Janela was on Dynamite?

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. ;)

Lol not the gold standard at all. But it’s what American wrestling has to compare with especially with some who visit here often.

DX often did it leading into the Attitude era and they were champions. No lasting effect on the era? DX?

As I said freedom gives the wrestlers a chance to get over on their own skill as it should be.

I see you’ve failed to give me one time DX outright broke the fourth wall. Again, blurring the lines is different and what wrestling should always be aiming for. Attitude Era for the most part struck the right balance, AEW are unprofessional and don’t understand what they’re doing.

I see you’ve failed to give me one time DX outright broke the fourth wall. Again, blurring the lines is different and what wrestling should always be aiming for. Attitude Era for the most part struck the right balance, AEW are unprofessional and don’t understand what they’re doing.

Shawn michaels with the Lolly in his mouth while in the sharp shooter.

Michaels again ridiculous over selling because he had the shits with Hogan.

If you don’t like the freedoms, a lot dont, then stick to the completely controlled narrative.

Kind of strange to complain that there is too much freedom from a company that has said from day dot they will give their wrestlers the freedom to sink or swim.

Shawn michaels with the Lolly in his mouth while in the sharp shooter.

Michaels again ridiculous over selling because he had the shits with Hogan.

If you don’t like the freedoms, a lot dont, then stick to the completely controlled narrative.

Kind of strange to complain that there is too much freedom from a company that has said from day dot they will give their wrestlers the freedom to sink or swim.

I’ll be honest I have no idea what you’re talking about with the lolly incident. I tried to google it but didn’t find anything, could you be more specific please?

hbk Hogan was 05 summerslam not AE.I’m not exactly sure how overselling broke the fourth wall but I agree it broke believability. Doesn’t fit the standard though as that effort and his promo the next night meant the whole feud and further matches were called off, proving that blatant fourth wall breakskill business.

What I’m most upset about is they said they were going to have a sports based presentation like Mid South, but instead they have a comedy sketch program. It seems that creative freedom is a large reason why we can’t get a sports or reality feel to AEW, so that’s why I have a go at people like Jerichowho should know better.

Jungle Boy vs Wardlow was a great match. Wardlow has a bight future, i look forward to him turning face against MJF over time.
Great to see a traditional squash with Kenny and the hilarious entrance, the ego on the guy
Fenix vs Penta. What can you say, those guys are incredible. Shame about Fenix.

If you told me 3 weeks ago that Moxley vs Kingston was the main-event for Full Gear my response would have been meh. Eddies promo work over the last two weeks has built this match up to make it mean something. Eddie is a monster on the mic.

Looking forward to Cody vs Darby but would have liked to have seen more build for the match. Only going to have two weeks to build it up, they better *ing pull the trigger on it once and for all, Darby has already lost twice to Cody (i think). No Brodie again on the show... injured?

Jericho/MJF - whilst the act itself was pretty impressive, not sure it belongs on the wrestling show imo. Seems to have divided people unsurprisingly. You gotta let ppl have the creative freedom, Jericho has gotten champagne over and his entrance has become a sing along in AEW. Not everything works as intended but you gotta have a crack.
If Jericho pitched the idea to me that he was going to carry a clipboard around a write peoples name down who pissed him off, i woulda told him that is a dumb idea that would be better placed for the IRS gimmick. How wrong i would have been

AEW are unprofessional and don’t understand what they’re doing.

Apart from the Jericho/MJF dinner which I could have done without (and skipped most if not all of) and the poor handling of the injury to the Dark Order member was actually a solid show including a lot that shows they certainly do know what they are doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I said I haven't watched any AEW since All Out (the whole Matt Hardy situation made me uncomfortable) but I might tune in this week to see Abadon.

She's a pretty unique character & considering its Halloween I'm sure AEW has something cool planned for her announced match against Tay Conti.

I know I said I haven't watched any AEW since All Out (the whole Matt Hardy situation made me uncomfortable) but I might tune in this week to see Abadon.

She's a pretty unique character & considering its Halloween I'm sure AEW has something cool planned for her announced match against Tay Conti.

they probably won't air it, since Abadon got injured and they stopped the match.

DDT (and TJPW) appear to have an informal working agreement with All Elite Wrestling. When travel allows, how would you like to see that relationship develop?

We were going to bring Kenny Omega back, so we want to make that happen when it becomes possible again. His harsh words against Endo and Takeshita got them motivated, so we want to see that through all the way until the end. I also want Yuka Sakazaki and Shoko Nakajima to return to AEW, and I would also like to see other Tokyo Joshi talent in AEW too, such as Miyu Yamashita, Maki Itoh, Yuki Kamifuku, Hikari Noa, Miu Watanabe, Mirai Maiumi, Suzume, etc.

From DDT, I would like to see Konosuke Takeshita, Tetsuya Endo, Yuki Ueno, and Kazusada Higuchi wrestle in AEW. Jun Akiyama might also be an interesting choice, considering the fact that he was originally supposed to guest-coach at WWE. As for Yuki Ueno, we were planning to have him make his U.S. debut in April on WrestleMania weekend, and though that got cancelled with COVID-19, he has been proving that we made the right decision by showing tremendous growth in the last few months. In general, we are very open to sending over any good talent, if there is the capacity and demand for them on AEW’s side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back