All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is the last time two major wrestling promotions with weekly TV shows, with one on a massive mainstream network, done anything like what just happened last night? And considering they both have partnerships with other companies the amount of potential crossovers that might happen is genuinely insane.

It's not overhyping it's fact nothing this big has happened in 2 decades since Nitro.

I'm just going to leave this here.

I reckon Stardom would go for national exposure over ROH tbh if they had to choose between AEW and them but with TJPW and their agreement with AEW (Yuka's home promotion) it makes it tricky there. Still want to see Mayu on Dynamite one day though.

depends what Bushi Road wants. they seem to have more emphasis on the local Japan market than chasing the overseas exposure.

AEW did start from scratch and are now 2 years in. Pretty impressive in perspective.

Production value maybe needs tweaking but their more traditional "wrestling" style show than a "sports entertainment" show is a sight for sore eyes.

Rapt for the Stinger. I mean it's ********* STING!!!!!!

Relationships with Impact and NJPW would see some great crosdsover match-ups on free TV we thought we mightn't see.

If they can somehow get Punk in the second half of 2021 that'd blow the roof off.

Here's hoping for an AEW/NJPW tour of the Asia/Pacific in 2021!

depends what Bushi Road wants. they seem to have more emphasis on the local Japan market than chasing the overseas exposure.

Bushi Road definitely want overseas exposure with New Japan so I'd wager they want Stardom to get international attention eventually too. I remember reading though that their main focus was on diversifying the Stardom crowd at home first (ie; more girls and women).

Stardom, with the owners they have and the links to New Japan, could easily be the biggest female only promotion in the world and it probably already is. Also, they've already had wrestlers on their roster do stuff with AEW (Bea, Jamie Hayter, Riho off the top of my head). I imagine if TJPW doesn't cause any issues then seeing Stardom wrestlers in AEW and vice versa will happen eventually.

If they can somehow get Punk in the second half of 2021 that'd blow the roof off.

Punk's done with in ring stuff for good otherwise he would have come back by now. Instead the most we got was him showing up on a barely viewed WWE talk show.

Also he can get ****ed sideways because of how he left Colt Cabana high and dry.

If Punk got out of or a payout from FOX TNT have plenty of shows where he could get a contract and work on and sign an AEW seperate - his merch would sell like hotcakes for starters.

Punk would sell more merch than Sting if he signed tomorrow but between his intention to never wrestle again, his attitude towards AEW when they reportedly tried signing him when they started and what happened with Colt and leaving him almost financially ruined after the WWE lawsuit, I'd strongly bet against AEW ever making another play for him again. Do I think he'd be great in AEW? Yes. Do I think it would work? No. The guy would be toxic, would demand too much and it's pretty obvious that the Elite are close with Colt and I reckon they'd side with him over Punk in a heartbeat.

CM Punk is done with the wrestling business and I don't blame him and I don't blame AEW ever going after him.

Wow, I didn’t know about the Colt Punk stuff. It’s funny how on that podcast they say a theme of the story was “money isn’t everything” yet that seems to have ended their friendship.

If Punk or Cornette signed for AEW I would definitely start watching again. Given both seem impossible, I’m not sure what
it would take to get me back into it.

Wow, I didn’t know about the Colt Punk stuff. It’s funny how on that podcast they say a theme of the story was “money isn’t everything” yet that seems to have ended their friendship.

If Punk or Cornette signed for AEW I would definitely start watching again. Given both seem impossible, I’m not sure what

Cornette will never be sighted in AEW so you can forget about that

He would give anyone nuclear heat though. 1 run in, hit someone like Darby with the racket, give the win to a heel and you'd have a heel on the rise from just 1 appearance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite everything he'd said about the EVP's til 2019 (some I agree with btw) they did reach out and ask him to be involved well before it started. Can't say they didn't at least try on that one.

Last edited:
Despite everything he'd said about the EVP's til 2019 (some I agree with btw) they did reach out and ask him to be involved well before it started. Can't say they didn't at least try on that one.

And I’m sure he responded by saying I don’t wanna be involved in your flippidy do duh cos play bs.

Or he got one look at Sonny Kiss and said I’m out lol.

And I’m sure he responded by saying I don’t wanna be involved in your flippidy do duh cos play bs.

Or he got one look at Sonny Kiss and said I’m out lol.

Or he said what he usually does and that is he doesn’t want to fly and be on the road full time.

Don’t believe his “outrage at everything” gimmick is all true.

They’ve actually offered him a job a few times they just want him to stop talking negatively about them on his podcast

He’s too irrelevant to really get heat tbh.

Punk would be good but the dude is 42 and hasn’t wrestled for a long time. Couldn’t imagine him being any more than a cheap pop.

Cornette isn’t relevant? I’d say he’s one of the most talked about online wrestling figures there is today and is particularly triggering to AEW fans.

He’s one of the best managers of all time and an appearance from him would be bigger than any individual moment AEW has done to date.

would love to see it but yeah, it’s close to impossible.

Cornette isn’t relevant? I’d say he’s one of the most talked about online wrestling figures there is today and is particularly triggering to AEW fans.

He’s one of the best managers of all time and an appearance from him would be bigger than any individual moment AEW has done to date.

He was one of the best managers and brains in the business. 100% correct. But that time has long since past.

He is living his gimmick of hating anything wrestling now.

I think you are way overstating the magnitude of a Cornette appearance. Would be on par with Vickie Guerrero or Eric Bischoff showing up.

I’d say he’s one of the most talked about online wrestling figures there is today and is particularly triggering to AEW fans.

He triggers people because of the absolutely vile/stupid s**t he says about certain AEW wrestlers on a regular basis. How is it a good thing that he gets people pissed?

Yeah aye old Jim rocking up with a tennis racket and calling Sonny Kiss a trans will definitely be a bigger moment than Mox or Sting rocking up or Kenny and Callis dropping the Impact bombshell.

Sting's debut and Kenny winning the title and jumping to Impact have both been trending on YT the past few days which is insane to me. AEW seem to have awesome shows with huge moments but next week plateau a fair bit ratings wise so next week will be really interesting in that regard.

Reckon if they capitalize on this and keep up the momentum they could push onto a million viewers a week regardless of NXT and what they do. Sting would be a massive part of getting old Dubya See Dubya fans who gave up on wrestling to give it another shot.

hahahaha - what a load of tripe. When he was commentating on NWA why weren't their Youtube views unable to crack a million? Can't believe Fox didn't come hunting NWA for a deal with the mega draw Cornette in their commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back