All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thunder Rosa Vs Britt Baker was already booked and got replaced by the Waiting Room segment when Thunder Rosa couldn't make it due to having to isolate. The match could've been rescheduled for Beach Break (out whatever they are calling it) without the mess of the segment that was the waiting room.

Yeh but it wasn’t. It was booked during the waiting room segment. That’s my point.
Any match can be booked in any segment in any different way.

Yeh but it wasn’t. It was booked during the waiting room segment. That’s my point.
Any match can be booked in any segment in any different way.

So you’re telling me that Thunder Rosa Vs Britt Baker wasn’t originally announced & promoted for Night #2 of New Years Bash?

Jerry Lynn interferes by holding Chris Sabin to cost Sabin & Storm the match allowing the Matt Hardy managed Private Party to become #1 contenders of the Impact Tag Team championships against the Good Brothers.
Oh and TK is ringside for all of it.

Jerry Lynn interferes by holding Chris Sabin to cost Sabin & Storm the match allowing the Matt Hardy managed Private Party to become #1 contenders of the Impact Tag Team championships against the Good Brothers.
Oh and TK is ringside for all of it.

Hell of an episode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not my favourite episode, but I laughed a lot at the Dark Order “He said yes” celebration. That was comedy gold.

Not much else stood out. Good heel turn by Private Party and makes them a bit more interesting, and I’d be down for a mini-feud between them and Top Flight. Beautiful senton by Sammy in the main event, one of the best I’ve ever seen. Particularly following Jericho’s lionsault...

I never got the sting and Darby comparisons. Always reminded me of Jeff hardy personally. Jericho almost killed himself trying the lionsault

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I probably only watch about every second episode of Dynamite - today was far and away the worst episode I've seen of it.

I already have a program I can watch to see shitty acting and worse storylines, and it's driven me crazy to the point that I'm down to Raw once a month, SD maybe twice a month, and only the major PPVs.

This was supposed to be an alternative. And so far it has been - but today wasn't. Today was absolute s**t in the ring with too much focus on rubbish storylines.

I also feel like these random connections are coming to a head. I could never quite understand the desire to go down the Mexican/Japanese path where wrestlers are in "teams", but it's even weirder when you look at some of the forced "teams" that make no sense.

I really hoped his 'rona break would make AEW realise that PAC is a shitty fit with Pentix; I don't understand Matt with Private Party - they literally could've put him with anyone to get him involved in the Impact storyline; I know that MJF in the Inner Circle is going something, but he was going great guns by himself and the Inner Circle storyline has stunted his development; and the one guy who I did want to see involved in one of these "teams" didn't do it! If Hangman isn't leading Dark Order, I can't see how the group has a future.

If you’re only watching every second Dynamite then you really caught a sh*t ep. I have no idea why Avalon or Luther are anywhere near Dynamite.

On a positive. How fn good is Sammy

Ahhhhh, Sammy.... you know what? What he said about Sasha was disgusting - but he owned it, he apologised for it (to Sasha, not an empty apology "to anyone who was offended" on Twitter), and while the accusations against Sammy during #SpeakingOut were nowhere near the serious end of the scale, I think he learned for it.

But the timing of it? Yeah, Devlin lost his title and I'm not sure he's reappeared since - but just due to where he worked and his position, Sammy was probably more affected by that movement than anyone, which - while he was a massive dickhead when he said it about Sasha - is pretty unfair when you consider some of the other accusations.

It bums me out that his momentary suspension seemed to coincide with MJF trying to become a part of the Inner Circle, and MJF has replaced Sammy as Jericho's partner, cos I really, really enjoyed Jericho and Sammy as a team. And MJF still has Wardlow as "his".

That said, it's pretty obvious this is leading to some sort of break up, so in a year maybe it makes total sense that Sammy lost his spot as Jericho's preferred second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back