All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Elevation the entra hour on TV?

No, it says on the release it's a YouTube show at 7pm on Mondays (so before Raw.)

I don't quite understand what AEW is getting out of all these "legends" who aren't wrestling. It's surely beyond critical mass now.

This would surely be one of those that Vince is disappointed about. 20 years, the first 5 of which and last 5 of which he's been useless. Opportunities like that terrible netflix show and WWE films. Former champ, future hall of famer. I just hope he's gone with their blessing so he can return one day.

No, it says on the release it's a YouTube show at 7pm on Mondays (so before Raw.)

I don't quite understand what AEW is getting out of all these "legends" who aren't wrestling. It's surely beyond critical mass now.

Seems a bit that way but as far as coaching/consulting I don't mind it. They do have a lot for it but due to Covid-19 some may not be there as much as hoped. And eventually when things are opened up again they want to be doing some live events so the experienced back stage people will be more useful.

Well I didn’t expect that.

I like him as a commentator and how handy will he be backstage. Will probably be an onscreen presence in some capacity and have the odd match and that’s fine.

Things I didn’t think I’d say today. “I’m pretty excited to see Big Show on Dynamite”

Yep this. If it was just to wrestle it would be a bit meh and worry me they were going down the path of some other failed promotions. Always has come across as a smart dude in interviews so the roster can learn a lot from him. There's now 3 guys on the roster who have been legit stars in Sting, Y2J and now Show and all are apparently very approachable so will help all the roster.

This would surely be one of those that Vince is disappointed about. 20 years, the first 5 of which and last 5 of which he's been useless. Opportunities like that terrible netflix show and WWE films. Former champ, future hall of famer. I just hope he's gone with their blessing so he can return one day.

I get this one. Signing a big name who is a genuine WWE legend as a commentator and a part time worker at most is great. Khan comes across as Uber intelligent and is rich AF so I’m sure he knows what he’s doin.

If he was signed as in ring talent I would be shaking my head but I like this.

Apparently more signings on the way as well...

Great pick up for commentary but wouldn’t bother with the in ring stuff.
It’s funny how a lot of people and I am not saying on these threads but a lot of people complained about him whenever he came back to WWE now they are excited that he’s coming to AEW.

The guy is cooked in the ring and the Shaq stuff will be horrible but his commentary work will be really good for them

It’s funny how a lot of people and I am not saying on these threads but a lot of people complained about him whenever he came back to WWE now they are excited that he’s coming to AEW.

The guy is cooked in the ring and the Shaq stuff will be horrible but his commentary work will be really good for them

You’ll here the complaints depending on how he is used.

If they have him as a wrestler only, fighting for titles and turning every 5 mins get ready for the complaints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I didn’t expect that.

I like him as a commentator and how handy will he be backstage. Will probably be an onscreen presence in some capacity and have the odd match and that’s fine.

Things I didn’t think I’d say today. “I’m pretty excited to see Big Show on Dynamite”
Would figure it's pretty likely he gets involved in a storyline and has a match at some point.

AEW's problem is star power. WWE also has this problem but they're able to bring in the likes of Edge and Goldberg. The pool of old stars AEW can draw from to pique interest is far more limited and tends to be older (see Sting), which is a real problem. They have similar issues to WWE, but it's more pressing - they need to get some new guys over. At the moment they're relying on drawing in interest through these established names; they need new guys to get over enough that they are generating interest from fresh viewers by themselves.

I get this one. Signing a big name who is a genuine WWE legend as a commentator and a part time worker at most is great. Khan comes across as Uber intelligent and is rich AF so I’m sure he knows what he’s doin.

If he was signed as in ring talent I would be shaking my head but I like this.

Apparently more signings on the way as well...

Being rich AF is not a sign that one knows what they're doing, especially when it's daddy's money ;)

Yeah, average episode on paper but turned out to be great. Page/Kassidy and Rose/Baker were both shockingly great, and Fenix/Archer continues Fenix's streak of being perhaps the most enjoyable wrestler to watch every week in 2021 so far.

I mightn't be blown away by the PPV card as it seems pretty much complete now (aside for the challenger against Shida, two remaining people in the ladder match and teams to be added to the tag team battle royale) but I'm still confident it will deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back