All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why Khan would hype it up so much. Only setting up for disappointment unless it’s one of the 3-4 massive names
Said on busted open radio its one of his favourite wrestlers ever. Said it was a wrestler and male apparently. I'm still thinking it's rvd personally

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

They've done a lot right but if it does end up being an old washed up bloke like Angle or RVD it will be very disappointing and doubt it will go down well at all. Its fine in a role like Wight has but not as a wrestler when we already have Sting as a part timer. Even Jericho is really starting to look old in the ring and he is light years ahead of where Angle and RVD would be.

Also they'll probably constantly get tv time while some of the good younger talent and guys like Miro who they should be pushing can't even get on every week.

No way it’s Angle or RVD. They’ve built it up in a way they haven’t with anyone else. Not sure who but it has to be a big get or at least one they know the fans will be happy with. There’s no way they under deliver here when they know how much it would backfire.

As seen during Wednesday night’s episode of AEW Dynamite, Paul Wight (The Big Show in WWE) cut a promo, announcing that a “Hall of Fame-worthy” talent will be debuting at Revolution this Sunday night. Tony Khan has also been on Twitter, teasing a “big star” would be coming in shortly.
While there are some reports that Christian is signed with WWE, that is not confirmed. According to Fightful, Christian has not been backstage at WWE’s recent shows, and WWE currently has no creative plans for him. For what it’s worth, AEW’s Chief Legal Officer recently followed and then unfollowed Christian on Instagram. One AEW Superstar says Christian signing with AEW would be “shocking” in a good way.

So Punk has ruled himself out. More and more likely its going to be a huge let down and bit of an own goal from AEW. Lets hope not though.

Lesnar is really the only one that would be a big enough name and not completely incapable of wrestling. He would happily go wherever the money is but I dont see it. Cena and Rock are never going to go anywhere else. Batista maybe but not sure why he would, he's getting movie work and seems done with wrestling.

Christian is looking best case as at least we'd still enjoy watching him in a match but hardly a game changer.

Christian... yuck. He’s 47 ffs. This isn’t WWE.

Kind of is all the WWE/WCW rejects you know 😉😉 Cody Rusev Goldust Y2J Ambrose Hardy Swagger ARN Tully Jake the Snake Big Show Dillinger Billy Gunn Neville ... Probably forgetting a few more

Before all you serious people have a remark back clearly I am tongue in cheek

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rules for the explosion match sums up everything wrong with wrestling. Omega is such a wasted talent, I don’t know why he doesn’t even try to be believable.

Omega is the best technical wrestler in the world (based on what he did in Japan), I have no idea why he's headlined two PPV's now with Moxley in these 'extreme' matches in the first 18 months of AEW.

Moxley can’t work a match without weapons or a stupid stipulation.

Missed his match with Kenta on NJPW strong I take it? Or his entire 2019 G1 climax and then matches with Suzuki? Did just fine against Jericho, MJF, Brodie Lee and Kingston also.

Last edited:
I doubt it's Mutoh.

1) There's no connection to Paul Wight
2) They're working with some New Japan talent, I doubt NOAH are letting their champ in.
3) Given the 'rona situation in both the US and Japan, you couldn't imagine anyone making that trip.

I think it's more likely to be RVD than Christian, but it's fun to think of some of the Japanese possibilities. I know he's been retired forever - but I've never been more scared of a wrestler than I was of Morishima in those Danielson matches.

Speaking of guys who might be/could be in jail - a left field suggestion - has anyone suggested Alberton El Patron?

I'm still going to lose my mind if it's Scott Steiner. He's the first guy I think of when I think guys who should be in the HOF but never will be.

(I haven't watched the Tony Khan hints - are we definitely talking potential wrestling HOFer?)

I doubt it's Mutoh.

1) There's no connection to Paul Wight
2) They're working with some New Japan talent, I doubt NOAH are letting their champ in.
3) Given the 'rona situation in both the US and Japan, you couldn't imagine anyone making that trip.

I think it's more likely to be RVD than Christian, but it's fun to think of some of the Japanese possibilities. I know he's been retired forever - but I've never been more scared of a wrestler than I was of Morishima in those Danielson matches.

Speaking of guys who might be/could be in jail - a left field suggestion - has anyone suggested Alberton El Patron?

I'm still going to lose my mind if it's Scott Steiner. He's the first guy I think of when I think guys who should be in the HOF but never will be.

(I haven't watched the Tony Khan hints - are we definitely talking potential wrestling HOFer?)
Said mark Henry will be excited at who it is. On busted open. Only connections I can think of are nation of domination.

Missed his match with Kenta on NJPW strong I take it? Or his entire 2019 G1 climax and then matches with Suzuki? Did just fine against Jericho, MJF, Brodie Lee and Kingston also.
Stand by my point he can’t have a straight match without leaving the ring or using objects for the most part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back