All Elite Wrestling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's actually you doing that mate. As an independent arbiter? You got challenged and now you're trying to back away by playing the man. Poor form.

His initial comment was “That list of names you provided sure helped prove your point.” Pretty poor form by him considering Lynchy, Sim and I were having a pretty normal conversation.

A pretty pointless, sarcastic comment really wasn’t it? Not that I cared tbh I just decided I wouldn’t waste my time replying to it. Old mate decided he couldn’t let it go by bumping a comment made 3 days ago.

Last edited:

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
I reckon you're drawing a few long bows here.

For arguments sake if you had to do a top 10 of WWE and AEW I think the 10 of WWE blow AEW out of the water but if you broke it down to RAW, Smackdown, AEW, NXT I think it would be neck and neck for AEW and Smackdown

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
For arguments sake if you had to do a top 10 of WWE and AEW I think the 10 of WWE blow AEW out of the water but if you broke it down to RAW, Smackdown, AEW, NXT I think it would be neck and neck for AEW and Smackdown

I think it'd be neck and neck, for the simple reason that you can top up WWE's top 10 lists with legit women - Rhipley, Asuka, Flair, Lynch (soon), Bayley, Sasha, Storm, Shirai, Kai et al

Britt Baker is the only woman who would be anywhere near AEWs top 10 because, for all their launch talk about diversity they've done nothing to let them shine. The new Monday show really should've been a women's show.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
I think it'd be neck and neck, for the simple reason that you can top up WWE's top 10 lists with legit women - Rhipley, Asuka, Flair, Lynch (soon), Bayley, Sasha, Storm, Shirai, Kai et al

Britt Baker is the only woman who would be anywhere near AEWs top 10 because, for all their launch talk about diversity they've done nothing to let them shine. The new Monday show really should've been a women's show.

Honestly I could care less about the womens divisions on either side, Smackdowns Men's top 10 is the best in the world with AEW not far behind

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Roode, Street Profits and Gable were mentioned previously so I’d say he’s just putting some depth players in as well.

FTR and Santana & Ortiz are tag team main eventers I suppose. Jungle Boy is a prospect.

I honestly think AEW is better equipped than Smackdown as far as quality and depth goes. Starpower not so much.

Lynchy04 is right though. If you’re comparing AEW to the whole WWE roster then it’s a win to WWE. Obviously not so much in the tag division.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Roode, Street Profits and Gable were mentioned previously so I’d say he’s just putting some depth players in as well.

FTR and Santana & Ortiz are tag team main eventers I suppose. Jungle Boy is a prospect.

I honestly think AEW is better equipped than Smackdown as far as quality and depth goes. Starpower not so much.

Lynchy04 is right though. If you’re comparing AEW to the whole WWE roster then it’s a win to WWE. Obviously not so much in the tag division.

FTR are the best tag team wrestlers in the world in my book, maybe they don't have the presentation like a New Day or Street Profits with the coloured clothes and cool moves but they are old school tag team wrestlers.

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Slightly off topic but Jericho talked about picking up a couple names recently let go by WWE.

Of all the people he mentions Tucker🤔

“You look at a guy like Tucker for example,” Jericho said. “I don’t know if we would take him tomorrow, we might, but it seems to me if he goes and proves what he can do and what he’s capable of, well then absolutely.

and obviously Joe.

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
FTR are the best tag team wrestlers in the world in my book, maybe they don't have the presentation like a New Day or Street Profits with the coloured clothes and cool moves but they are old school tag team wrestlers.

Yep they’re the perfect throwback, phenomenal in the ring and underrated promos. I think they get even better in the Pinnacle and I’m sure there’s going to be a classic match coming up with Santana and Ortiz.

IMO AEW have the top 4 tag teams in the US. Bucks, FTR, Lucha Bros and Santana & Ortiz

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Yep they’re the perfect throwback, phenomenal in the ring and underrated promos. I think they get even better in the Pinnacle and I’m sure there’s going to be a classic match coming up with Santana and Ortiz.

IMO AEW have the top 4 tag teams in the US. Bucks, FTR, Lucha Bros and Santana & Ortiz

You might be right but the Uso's in full flight are in that top 4 I reckon. Profits have potential, I know I am a massive Cesaro fan but I rate the Bar as one of the best tag teams in the past decade. The best part of them was how different they were but it complemented each other. The part I don't like about the Bucks/ Uso's and New Day is how similar they wrestle.

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You might be right but the Uso's in full flight are in that top 4 I reckon. Profits have potential, I know I am a massive Cesaro fan but I rate the Bar as one of the best tag teams in the past decade. The best part of them was how different they were but it complemented each other. The part I don't like about the Bucks/ Uso's and New Day is how similar they wrestle.

You know I love me some Cesaro so put him up there. Usos a good shout.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

FTR, one of if not the best tag team in the world.

Miro is destroying opposition and is a wrestler not just a big guy that others have to dance around.

Jungle Boy is the baby face of the company for the future.

Lax is a great tag team one of the best in the US.

+ Darby (and Sting)

This list had me until you mentioned Sting. He’s 62 years old and shouldn’t be anywhere near a wrestling ring, let’s not add him to a “top wrestlers” list in 2021 when he can barely take a bump

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Slightly off topic but Jericho talked about picking up a couple names recently let go by WWE.

Of all the people he mentions Tucker🤔

“You look at a guy like Tucker for example,” Jericho said. “I don’t know if we would take him tomorrow, we might, but it seems to me if he goes and proves what he can do and what he’s capable of, well then absolutely.

and obviously Joe.

I dunno, maybe there's something to be said for going after the people who have the WWE seasoning - how to work to camera, how to promo - without having the stank of failure on him. Cos he didn't really fail, he never got an opportunity.

This list had me until you mentioned Sting. He’s 62 years old and shouldn’t be anywhere near a wrestling ring, let’s not add him to a “top wrestlers” list in 2021 when he can barely take a bump

I thought we were just discussing star power, which is why I mentioned him.

The part I don't like about the Bucks/ Uso's and New Day is how similar they wrestle.

to be fair, 2 of them are brother tag teams, so it's not unexpected that both team members have similar styles.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades

I've convinced myself that the first world championship feud we'll see once more crowds can filter back through will be Omega vs Allin. Predicting that Miro takes the TNT title and Sting and Darby move on to a feud with Kenny and the gang.

Cocky Omega vs underdog Darby in front of a hot crowd for the top belt would be must-see wrestling IMO.

I've convinced myself that the first world championship feud we'll see once more crowds can filter back through will be Omega vs Allin. Predicting that Miro takes the TNT title and Sting and Darby move on to a feud with Kenny and the gang.

Cocky Omega vs underdog Darby in front of a hot crowd for the top belt would be must-see wrestling IMO.

I like it in theory, but should Darby lose his first World Championship match? (A bit like how I'm not sure how I felt about MJF losing his first title opportunity) as Kenny Omega isn't losing the AEW World Championship for a long time yet.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
I like it in theory, but should Darby lose his first World Championship match? (A bit like how I'm not sure how I felt about MJF losing his first title opportunity) as Kenny Omega isn't losing the AEW World Championship for a long time yet.

Couldn't see it hurting Darby honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back