All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange cassidy legitimately knocked out as well apparently. Havent seen it but read he was.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I've seen the powerbomb that some people think caused it and it's definitely a bad landing, but same are saying it was the kick before that powerbomb that KO'd him and the poor powerbomb was due to that but I couldn't find any footage of the kick.

Probably a combination of both. Looked like dropkick got him in the chest. But the way he bumped back could of done it. Powerbomb looked awful.

I dont like the character. But hope he dosent wrestle for a few weeks let him recover if it was legitimate

if Tony Khan wants to fork out money for licensed themes, and that he won't have to change them should AEW get its own streaming service, then more power to him.

those who grew up watching WWE in the early-mid 80s remember "Eye of the Tiger", "Born in the USA", "Another One Bites the Dust", "Sirius" and more.

I think it’s good if used sparingly. I’d be pretty happy to hear The Final Countdown on Dynamite if Daniel Bryan miraculously joined AEW

I'd even settle for the ROH knockoff "Ultimate Countdown".

Not a fan of stadium stampede happening again anytime soon and OC in the title match yuck.

Haven’t watched yet but a few matches sound decent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly the most entertaining television wrestling episode I've seen in twelve years...

- So much wrestling
-Short and sharp back stage promos
-build to the next PPV
-Miro going over, no way he should have lost that
-No farking live promos that last ten minutes with Adam Pearce (cody's promo had enough pathos for me and was not scripted)

I can forgive a lack of clarity occasionally about the booking and changes in character, but as a 37yo its just so much more entertaining over two hours than WWE right now.

Sorry sound like a mark, I'm just over watching the same people every week on RAW/Smackdown

Last edited:
Yeah if done right i agree dont know if I like that song for moxley though could of done better imo.

Moxley’s old music fit his entrance perfectly. His entrance seems a bit too intense for Wild Thing. If he just walked to the ring I think it would fit well. I think it fits his character but not his entrance. (If that makes any sense)🤣

Also * Pac for making a kip up look that easy😳

Last edited:
Can one of the none circle jerk brigade tell me how Mox vs Yuji was might have to give it a watch if it was decent

I'm not a NJPW devotee, but I watch all the big shows.

It might be the best Nagata match in nearly a decade. (Although it occurs to me now that given I only watch big shows I'm likely to have missed any low key bangers he's had in that time.)

It's only about 10 minutes, so it's worth a watch.

-----

Shows like today are why I think the gatekeeping bullshit after last week is so annoying.

Today's show was brilliant. It was everything I want in wrestling - it moved quickly, the wrestling told really good stories, the stuff outside the ring, and they even had an opportunity to show their ability to change on the fly.

I really enjoyed Mox/Nagata. The Bucks/SCU was a really good match... the HBK/Naitch spot, followed by the post match (along with the SCU story up until now) makes me wonder if that was it for Daniels. If so, that sucks. He deserved a better run on his way out than that, and I think it was Samoa Joe who said 20 years ago that Christopher Daniels should've made millions of dollars out of this business... as it is, he's probably had to hang on for the hot indy period then into AEW.

Cassidy troubles me. I'm so not a fan of the gimmick at all... but I can't hate a guy using Pixies for his music. I ******* love that song.

And the main event was excellent too. They've corrected every single thing about the Miro presentation that they screwed up in his first few months. And the MMA shorts look boss AF. I'm not huge on Darby either - I can sort of take or leave him - but it was such a good match and a good opponent to put over Miro's savage style, cos Allin can rag doll into a bump like few others.

Ironically, the one thing they didn't do well was the one thing I thought they did amazingly well last week - last week they gave us a whole bunch of reasons to watch this weeks show. This week - possibly on the back of last weeks ratings - they'd switched entirely into Double or Nothing mode. The only thing I can remember them announcing for next week, and it was announced in passing, was the Bucks vs the Blondes.

I dunno... I know they've only got 2 more Dynamites until DoN, but it's such delicate timing in terms of trying to make their show habitual watching for wrestling fans. I guess I'm saying that DoN was booked pretty late, but it seems very early to be going with full crowds which they announced today - they didn't have to have DoN now. They could've - I'd argue they should've - pushed DoN out for a month using COVID and your desire for a crowd as an excuse, and keep focussing on Dynamite for now.

I'm excited for Stadium Stampede, although last year's is a hard act to follow, cos I think that was right up alongside Firefly Funhouse and the Boneyard Match as genuine wrestling cinematic masterpieces. (I do wish they'd thought of a more creative way to get there than "no, no rematch", to ripping off an old WWF storyline and using a year old "little bit of the bubbly" thing to try and tie it in, to "yeah, ok".)

I'm not a NJPW devotee, but I watch all the big shows.

It might be the best Nagata match in nearly a decade. (Although it occurs to me now that given I only watch big shows I'm likely to have missed any low key bangers he's had in that time.)

It's only about 10 minutes, so it's worth a watch.

-----

Shows like today are why I think the gatekeeping bullshit after last week is so annoying.

Today's show was brilliant. It was everything I want in wrestling - it moved quickly, the wrestling told really good stories, the stuff outside the ring, and they even had an opportunity to show their ability to change on the fly.

I really enjoyed Mox/Nagata. The Bucks/SCU was a really good match... the HBK/Naitch spot, followed by the post match (along with the SCU story up until now) makes me wonder if that was it for Daniels. If so, that sucks. He deserved a better run on his way out than that, and I think it was Samoa Joe who said 20 years ago that Christopher Daniels should've made millions of dollars out of this business... as it is, he's probably had to hang on for the hot indy period then into AEW.

Cassidy troubles me. I'm so not a fan of the gimmick at all... but I can't hate a guy using Pixies for his music. I ******* love that song.

And the main event was excellent too. They've corrected every single thing about the Miro presentation that they screwed up in his first few months. And the MMA shorts look boss AF. I'm not huge on Darby either - I can sort of take or leave him - but it was such a good match and a good opponent to put over Miro's savage style, cos Allin can rag doll into a bump like few others.

Ironically, the one thing they didn't do well was the one thing I thought they did amazingly well last week - last week they gave us a whole bunch of reasons to watch this weeks show. This week - possibly on the back of last weeks ratings - they'd switched entirely into Double or Nothing mode. The only thing I can remember them announcing for next week, and it was announced in passing, was the Bucks vs the Blondes.

I dunno... I know they've only got 2 more Dynamites until DoN, but it's such delicate timing in terms of trying to make their show habitual watching for wrestling fans. I guess I'm saying that DoN was booked pretty late, but it seems very early to be going with full crowds which they announced today - they didn't have to have DoN now. They could've - I'd argue they should've - pushed DoN out for a month using COVID and your desire for a crowd as an excuse, and keep focussing on Dynamite for now.

I'm excited for Stadium Stampede, although last year's is a hard act to follow, cos I think that was right up alongside Firefly Funhouse and the Boneyard Match as genuine wrestling cinematic masterpieces. (I do wish they'd thought of a more creative way to get there than "no, no rematch", to ripping off an old WWF storyline and using a year old "little bit of the bubbly" thing to try and tie it in, to "yeah, ok".)

Agree completely

Moxley’s old music fit his entrance perfectly. His entrance seems a bit too intense for Wild Thing. If he just walked to the ring I think it would fit well. I think it fits his character but not his entrance. (If that makes any sense)

Also fu** Pac for making a kip up look that easy
Yeah I've been trying to think of another song that would if been better. I thought maybe rebel yell but don't think that would work. Needs something more thrashier or quicker to go with the walk. BTW I get what your saying I saw his entrance and you hardly heard the song he needed to wait for a bit before he came out.

I think they badly ****ed up the post match twice. When SCU lost and when Miro won. Two major events that needed a lot more time to sink in, were interrupted way too early. Similar to last week, they tried to do too much.

Also waaaaaay too early for a Pinnacle vs Inner Circle rematch.

Last edited:
I think they badly f’ed up the post match twice. When SCU lost and when Miro won. Two major events that needed a lot more time to sink in, were interrupted way too early. Similar to last week, they tried to do too much.

Also waaaaaay to early for a Pinnacle vs Inner Circle rematch.

Especially in a stadium stampede match , I know its hard to find a way to make 8/10 man tags enjoyable that work but perhaps they could have built it up slow with some one on ones or 2 v 2 with members of the group. To me they went to early giving away the match with the entire group from each side battling it out, my view is the blood and guts cage match should have been the end game for the fued between the groups

Especially in a stadium stampede match , I know its hard to find a way to make 8/10 man tags enjoyable that work but perhaps they could have built it up slow with some one on ones or 2 v 2 with members of the group. To me they went to early giving away the match with the entire group from each side battling it out, my view is the blood and guts cage match should have been the end game for the fued between the groups
Imagine having the break up angle at blood and guts after a few matches. Same ending Guevara gives in etc inner circle break up. And he throws Jericho off still lot more impactful

I think they badly f’ed up the post match twice. When SCU lost and when Miro won. Two major events that needed a lot more time to sink in, were interrupted way too early. Similar to last week, they tried to do too much.

Also waaaaaay too early for a Pinnacle vs Inner Circle rematch.

And what the SCU loss was cut away from was rubbish. Seriously? Trashing someone's dressing room while they're in the ring? As a baby face? And they did stuff all but piff a few fold up chairs around. Could of half worked if they got something supposedly sentimental/embarrassing (not otherwise meant to be seen) to the Bucks and stole or destroyed it. Then to make it worse later on Gallows 'sold' it like a ####en idiot. If that's the best he could do he may as well not have been there. The Bucks aren't good actors at this sort of thing but were at least trying. Brought an otherwise pretty good show and especially good segment right down.

Stadium Stampede played out like a comedy match. Why on Earth are they making it an annual fixture. Remember to laugh when they fall in the pool.

I really enjoyed Dynamite
And what the SCU loss was cut away from was rubbish. Seriously? Trashing someone's dressing room while they're in the ring? As a baby face? And they did stuff all but piff a few fold up chairs around. Could of half worked if they got something supposedly sentimental/embarrassing (not otherwise meant to be seen) to the Bucks and stole or destroyed it. Then to make it worse later on Gallows 'sold' it like a ####en idiot. If that's the best he could do he may as well not have been there. The Bucks aren't good actors at this sort of thing but were at least trying. Brought an otherwise pretty good show and especially good segment right down.

I thought the Bucks did well but the Good Brothers need to keep their BTE style comedy on BTE. Speaking of keeping BTE stuff on BTE. Hangman’s promo would’ve been a lot better without Jon Silver butting in at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back