All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep the danger with AEW signing all these ex WWE guys is they will have a lot of talent get lost in the shuffle and the biggest draw of AEW was that it was different to WWE. When you sign all these guys like Andrade, Black, Christian and if they got Bryan and Punk well clearly Bryan/Punk would be top draws, Black and Andrade go back to mid card. Sure they get more freedom to do more stuff creatively but they would be in the same roster slot as WWE that people complained about.

The thing is they get used in AEW, have story lines and go through the multiple shows.

EX-WWE guys, and girls, complain that they are left doing nothing and no creative freedom.

It’s ridiculous to say ex wwe people, especially those that wanted out, can’t go to AEW if both the company and the wrestler thinks it’ll work.

So it is different to WWE.

Only thing WWE has that’s better at the moment is production values and to be honest not the biggest fan of how they do it. Like the grittier take with AEW, just need to fix camera angles etc.

That’s a ******* awful idea. Clearly he hasn’t heard she’s been sent home from the Olympics.

So Henry wants Cambage and Strowman? He’s either a WWE spy or a moron.

Cambage got sent home from the Olympics?

Do you have a source to back that up?

Yeah you told me right?

An altercation in a closed door session and then goes home. Combine that with the rumours about what she actually did…

Seemed pretty toxic before this incident anyway.

I’m not sure what you’re on about— but Cambage never went to Tokyo.

The thing is they get used in AEW, have story lines and go through the multiple shows.

EX-WWE guys, and girls, complain that they are left doing nothing and no creative freedom.

It’s ridiculous to say ex wwe people, especially those that wanted out, can’t go to AEW if both the company and the wrestler thinks it’ll work.

So it is different to WWE.

Only thing WWE has that’s better at the moment is production values and to be honest not the biggest fan of how they do it. Like the grittier take with AEW, just need to fix camera angles etc.

It’s great to have depth but you saw what it did to WWE when they had a stock pile of talent and half of them sat on the sidelines doing nothing.

All I was saying is AEW would have to be careful how much they bring across, quickly a lot of guys will end up in the mid card and lost in the shuffle. They already have a deep roster as is.

It’s great to have depth but you saw what it did to WWE when they had a stock pile of talent and half of them sat on the sidelines doing nothing.

All I was saying is AEW would have to be careful how much they bring across, quickly a lot of guys will end up in the mid card and lost in the shuffle. They already have a deep roster as is.

During the attitude era, with depth, they had stories top to bottom. Especially with the lack of 50/50 booking.

The defection to films of Rock and Cena has made the WWE afraid of making mega stars, Roman lately is going great but let’s see if they let him go even bigger.

The mid card has a bad rep due to how it has been handled lately by WWE.
It never used to be that bad. Used to be some of the best stories.

If a wrestler is talented enough I see no reason why you wouldn’t bring them in and give them a go. War horse, Matt Cardona, Rowan have shown that they can bring guys in and if they don’t think they will work they get an all the best.
Remember there is now 4 shows. Plenty of hours to fill to with both development and story lines.

During the attitude era, with depth, they had stories top to bottom. Especially with the lack of 50/50 booking.

The defection to films of Rock and Cena has made the WWE afraid of making mega stars, Roman lately is going great but let’s see if they let him go even bigger.

The mid card has a bad rep due to how it has been handled lately by WWE.
It never used to be that bad. Used to be some of the best stories.

If a wrestler is talented enough I see no reason why you wouldn’t bring them in and give them a go. War horse, Matt Cardona, Rowan have shown that they can bring guys in and if they don’t think they will work they get an all the best.
Remember there is now 4 shows. Plenty of hours to fill to with both development and story lines.

My point was a lot of the talent that people complained about that should be in higher spots would be stuck in the same spots with the exception of having a bit of freedom on the character which is great.

The part I enjoy most out of AEW is watching guys like Archer, Brian Cage, Starks, Darby, Lucha Bro's, Omega, MFJ to name a few that I had seen very little of over time it would be disappointing to see some of these guys get stuck in the mid to lower cards and even a risk they end up getting poached away, lets face it the wheel will turn soon enough where WWE start offering big dollars to some of these guys potentially like MJF and some of them will very well jump ship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've got an influx of big names coming into AEW, Bray Wyatt would be another big name on a big contract and it's unclear to me how they would get value for money without cutting out the knees from other people. While creative, he has also been involved in some of the most absolutely embarrassing matches on big shows, and his most recent character was an overpowered heel that left defeated, squashed baby faces in shitty situations. I can't imagine him being satisfied in a mid card stable at level of a HFO so you either have him near the top or not at all imo. It seems a poor fit to me. I think at this point, AEW should have a short list of male WWE talent they'd take if they became available, and Wyatt's not on there for me.

Agree with all of that. They have also just recently signed Black, who while different to Bray, is also similar in being a dark character.

So AEW broadcasts a rap from Max Caster on Dark - a show filmed last week - that includes a rape "joke" (pretty much the same one that Guevara made that he had to apologise for and that he was suspended for) and a joke about Simone Biles/mental health.

This, the promotion that claimed it was going to be better than to punch down. The promotion that, a week ago, was claiming credit for a donation for survivors of domestic and sexual violence.

Normally you'd go into damage control, apologise unreservedly, and explain the "oversight".

What did AEW do? Scrubbed it from the episode on YouTube, made copyright claims against anyone broadcasting the video on social media, and so far have tried to pretend it didn't happen.

So disgusting. Not to mention hypocritical.

So AEW broadcasts a rap from Max Caster on Dark - a show filmed last week - that includes a rape "joke" (pretty much the same one that Guevara made that he had to apologise for and that he was suspended for) and a joke about Simone Biles/mental health.

This, the promotion that claimed it was going to be better than to punch down. The promotion that, a week ago, was claiming credit for a donation for survivors of domestic and sexual violence.

Normally you'd go into damage control, apologise unreservedly, and explain the "oversight".

What did AEW do? Scrubbed it from the episode on YouTube, made copyright claims against anyone broadcasting the video on social media, and so far have tried to pretend it didn't happen.

Yep it was garbage. Terrible rap.
Hopefully they learn from the backlash and continue to build as well as they have been.

Tony Khan has commented now.

Tony Khan himself was on Busted Open talking to Tommy Dreamer saying the rap was terrible and he’ll now be part of the editing process of Dark and Elevation. Normally he talks to Max Caster for his Dynamite raps.

To me Max Caster has been trying to push the envelope and see how far he can go and he’s found where the line is.

Yep I remember hearing one borderline homophobic rap thinking he’d get in trouble when he goes backstage.

Soooo odds of JR calling Malachi Black “Alastair”?

I wish I was excited to see Black in action but its got Cody involved.... Surely could have been involved with someone else first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back